[Info] Windows Phone App (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also @jwe you can hang out in the IRC channel. Lots of discussion on things like this go on there. #MP-Extended on Freenode. There are even webpages that handle the client side (of IRC) for you =)
    I feel the need to clarify that ;)

Last edited:

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    I downloaded it but am not getting a connection. On the settings page is it just the host/ip address without port? I would recommend a test connection button on the settings page so the user can confirm the setting as going back to the home page seems to randomly try to reconnect or not.

Shout if you have more questions about the issue. I will keep on trying to get it to work.

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I downloaded it but am not getting a connection. On the settings page is it just the host/ip address without port? I would recommend a test connection button on the settings page so the user can confirm the setting as going back to the home page seems to randomly try to reconnect or not.

Shout if you have more questions about the issue. I will keep on trying to get it to work.

Hi, it should reconnect on leaving the settings page.
    Do you use it over lan or over wan?
    Currently. only mpextended default ports are supported.
    I got the feeling, that using IP-Address instead of Hostname works better, seems like WP8 has problems to resolve local hostnames sometimes.

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    I am running it on the local LAN. I have tried ip and machine name both are failing, I am using the default port in mpextended and checked the local firewall and it is open. Other suggestions?

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am running it on the local LAN. I have tried ip and machine name both are failing, I am using the default port in mpextended and checked the local firewall and it is open. Other suggestions?

Could you clear your mpextended service.log, then run my app and then post the log here?

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi jwe,

Same for me as systone on Lumia 920. I can open the troubleshooting links on my phone's webbrowser ok. Neither IP or hostname seem to work. No activity in MPExtended service.log either.

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    Yea, same issue. Can hit the web version of MP, test endpoints but the app is not working, nothing showing in the service logs.

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you compare your mpextended ports to the ones in the image?
    Also what version of mpextended are you using? (i am using 0.5.3)

Attachments

• screenie MPExtended Config.png
      screenie MPExtended Config.png
      104.2 KB
    • screenie MPExtended Config2.png
      screenie MPExtended Config2.png
      106.1 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom