[Info] Windows Phone App (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't see the profiles in your configuration file; probably went something wrong there.

In any case, try to upgrade to MPExtended 0.5.4, it contains the profiles, so you don't have to change anything manually.

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have the problem "Stream requested for non-existent profile".
    MPextended contains the right profile definitions as described on the WIKI page.

They just released a new version of MPExtended and WebMediaportal this morning; it should include Windows Phone profiles according to the changelog.

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have the problem "Stream requested for non-existent profile".
    MPextended contains the right profile definitions as described on the WIKI page.

The field "Used streaming profile" in the MPTVCLient App is empty and can not be written.

I tested it on Lumia 620 & 920, same symptom on both mobiles
    What do i need to configure to makte the App select the right profile?

Gonna check this today's evening. Thanks for the Logs.

UPDATE:
    I was too fast answering, didn't see it was alread solved.. lol.

Last edited:

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update 2013-07-26 (0.8.0.1):
    * Added Remote Control (need WifiRemote enabled on default port)
    * Use System Style for Buttons ( as user selects in Phone Settings)
    * Fix some smaller Bugs.

new update on its way through the app store certification

jodesi

Portal Member
    April 12, 2012
    England
    Home Country
    England England
    This is a nice app as not many get released on this platform.

I have noticed a few problems where it locks up and an error shows saying it's closed. Another is the EPG just hangs and causes the first error, this could be caused by the size of the All Channels Group.. can it be removed? And the other is video not playing. Other video apps I've bought have similar problems that the devs say is a Windows problem, is this right or should it be ok? I've tried all the profiles just to make sure but none seem to hit the spot with this phone.

It's certainly a good app and I'm looking forward to the next release. With the fixes it can only get better and I don't mind paying for it if it will help the cause ;)

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a nice app as not many get released on this platform.

I have noticed a few problems where it locks up and an error shows saying it's closed. Another is the EPG just hangs and causes the first error, this could be caused by the size of the All Channels Group.. can it be removed? And the other is video not playing. Other video apps I've bought have similar problems that the devs say is a Windows problem, is this right or should it be ok? I've tried all the profiles just to make sure but none seem to hit the spot with this phone.

It's certainly a good app and I'm looking forward to the next release. With the fixes it can only get better and I don't mind paying for it if it will help the cause ;)

Could You tell me, which phone you are using?
    I can only test on lumia 920 and phone emulator. its working well on both. only tv is sometimes stuttering.

jodesi

Portal Member
    April 12, 2012
    England
    Home Country
    England England
    It's a Samsung ATIV. I wouldn't say it's a slow Windows phone looking at the specs and in general use of it. The higher end Nokia's do tend to do things better on WP8. I was reading other threads involving video on WP8 and all players including Plex etc have issues, that's the reason I asked about that.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    @jwe

Just to say thanks for the app. Well done!

I'm using a Lumia 920.

A bit of messing about at first, until I chose a streaming profile (WP8 FFmpeg WXGA) that worked OK. A bit of stutter on live TV, Movies works well, however TV Shows plays some OK and others not at all. All Movies and TV Shows are converted to .m4v files.

I'll do some more playing about and post up some logs for you to have a look at if you need them.

Great piece of work.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @jwe I have been using the app on my phone and it works fairly well. What I would like is to run this on my Surface RT tablet. Is this possible at all? Even if I jailbreak the RT tablet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom