[Info] Windows Phone App (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Why haven't more people rated this app? I see people trying it, buying it and using it. Why not rate it?

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @jwe I have been using the app on my phone and it works fairly well. What I would like is to run this on my Surface RT tablet. Is this possible at all? Even if I jailbreak the RT tablet?
    Hi!
    I think this is possible, but at the moment i got a lot of work todo at my workplace.
    Also, i think i should wait a little bit more to see if Windows RT will survive :)
    I got myself a Surface Tablet- i already sold it to a friend as its useless for me...
    If you want to develop a winrt app, i can give you some knowledge earned by developing the phone app.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ahhh, okay. I understand. Thanks for replying. I do not have the skillset to write the app myself. Thanks tho, bro =)

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @jwe I have been using the app on my phone and it works fairly well. What I would like is to run this on my Surface RT tablet. Is this possible at all? Even if I jailbreak the RT tablet?

The code would need to be compiled for the ARM architecture first. The jailbreak would enable you to install it. So you're bypassing the app store.

MFH

February 13, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also, i think i should wait a little bit more to see if Windows RT will survive :)
    Even if it doesn't - though I doubt it that MS will cease development as they're trying to merge it now with WP…

If you want to develop a winrt app, i can give you some knowledge earned by developing the phone app.
    Whilst my C# is a bit rusty - proudly living in C++ all day long :D - I'd like to get some input on what it would take to access MPExtended from WinRT - aren't WinPhoneRT and WinRT already somewhat close in terms of functionality?

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    Mpextended is just a web service. WP and RT use the .Net framework. So unless you are using something exotic you should be able to have the same base API and then have different ui projects for rendering in the separate display formats.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I like your app, by the way is the only one which is running on a win 8 phone. Regarding profiles, my questions is, if I can use these profiles in connection with webmediaportal? Webmediaportal would also play music and I have acces to TV programm and recordings. Right Now nothing can be played on my win 8 phone, because Flash is not supported on win 8 phone

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I wonder if it is possible to use the app for remote controlling music on my htpc? I have the amp connected to the htpc, but I would use my Lumia WP8.1 phone to control the music playing without turning on my TV. I do not want to stream it to my phone, but to browse, play, add playlist from my WP phone. Do you think it would be possible to add as a functionality?

jan.schneider.hi

January 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    I found that App in Windows App Store for WP8 and works very well. But due to the dislay size the TV-Streming is a bit uncomfortable. I there any chance to get a Metro app of MPTVClinent for Win8? Would be great for my tablet PC.

o00o

Portal Member
    December 26, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm trying to get this working but am seeing the following. For Live TV I get the channel list but then it timeshifts and then goes black and eventually crashes. For shows I get "there was an arror. App probably shutting down. Error Message: Failed to load data from source, please see the log file for more details System.ServiceModel."

The Troubleshooting links seem to work ok in MPExtended. This is a new install of MePo 1.8.0, could that be the problem? Logs attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom