Windows Vista MCE Replacement Driver (1 Viewer)

pjotr2k

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    is there any progress on the x64 vista compile? cant get the one in the zipfile to work just get code 39 error :/

andyd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi!,

Currently the developer does not have access to a 64Bit processor or 64Bit OS for testing. I know it is on his list of things to do, but also due to the fact that driver signing is compulsury in Vista 64 this process is quite considerable.

So unless you specifically need X64, stick with a 32bit OS for the moment... You will have less headaches in the long run....

is there any progress on the x64 vista compile? cant get the one in the zipfile to work just get code 39 error :/

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    andy is right.

I don't have a 64bit CPU or OS, and when I tried using Microsoft's tools to compile a 64bit version it compiled, but didn't actually work!

Which means I need to debug what is happening, and that means I need a 64bit CPU and OS ... :(

If anything changes I will announce it here.

Cheers,

stroths

May 30, 2007
    and-81 you are awesome!!! I moved over to Vista because it supports the features of my 8500GT better than XP did, but I sorely missed the replacement driver. I ran across your post and I am back in business. I use Sagetv and your driver has worked perfectly for me. Thank you for putting the effort into this.

GSteele

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Hi,

Firstly Great Work & thanks for all your efforts in writting and supporting this.

But ... Does anyone else using vista experience a problem where if you don't start MP from the remote, ie use mouse or keyboard then the remote doesn't work? If I then close MP down and reopen using the green MCE button the remote works fine. Tried click on the screen after opening "manually" but it doesn't appear to be a focus issue so I'm sure what it is.

Thanks in Advance,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    GSteele are you using MCE Replacement Tray?

If you're using the tray app that comes with the plugin then you need to launch MediaPortal through it, either with the remote or by the tray icon. It's a limitation of the implementation. It will be overcome in my new plugin/app suite, but not with this plugin unfortunately.

Hope that helps,

GSteele

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Ok That would be It. Yes I am using the tray icon.

No Problem I guess if I just change my MP shortcuts to actually be pointing at the MCE Tray program all will work well? No at home at the moment but I guess that would work fine.

Edit in:
    Hmm ok just remoted into Home and tested this idea and it doesn't work. I take it there is a test on load to check if the tray icon is running? Or is their some other way to make a shortcut reload and therefore launch mp.

OK so sometimes it hard to find where my 2 year old has left the remote so I use the keyboard but then finding the remote it's useless.

Edit out:

Thanks for responding with such a clear answer.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'll try to come up with a way to get around your problem.

I'll try to make it so that if you load a second instance of the tray app instead of exiting it signals the first instance to launch mediaportal and then exits.

I'll post back here when I come up with something.

Cheers,

logictester

Portal Member
    December 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    hi and-81 - again thanks on your great work
    i have the strangest problem that was discussed here at some point - i can't seem to control my volume using my remote - there is no problem to down volume but it won't come up, there's no problem when using the keyboard
    any ideas?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have you tried reseting the volume buttons on the remote?

To restore the default remote control settings:
    1 Press and hold the DVD MENU button and LEFT navigation button at the same time until the remote control for Media Center PC lights turn off.
    2 Press the OK button.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm that the buttons have been reset. The TV button will have no command assigned to it and the VOL + and VOL – buttons will adjust the Media Center PC system volume.

If the default settings were not restored, the lights blink quickly four times. To try
    again, repeat steps 1 and 2.

Aside from that you could try taking the batteries out for an hour or so and putting them back in.

Are you using the Replacement Driver or the standard Microsoft Driver?

If you're using the Replacement Driver, try reverting to the standard driver and see if that fixes it. Also, try reseting your button mappings, maybe the volume ones got mixed up.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom