Windows Vista MCE Replacement Driver (1 Viewer)

logictester

Portal Member
December 25, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi And-81 thanks for your reply - i tried everything you have suggested - reseting the remote and taking out the battaries didn't do anything, i do use the replacement driver - without it there is no problem i just can't get the blasting to work, another thing is that when i press volume up - the volume bar comes up it just doesn't move - if i press volume down - it goes down - if i press volume up again - it might come up 2 or 3 bars - back to the place it was before volume down - but can't control it all the way - pressing the "=" key on the keyboard brings the volume all the way up

unixadm

June 15, 2007
I love man! This worked great in Vista X32 with GB-PVR's built in MCE plugin. I screwed around with this for days and your solution took all of 10 minutes to get working. Now if you just get X64 - you'll be my hero! :)

Thanks for all your efforts.

opy01

Portal Member
June 1, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
DUDE! This is awesome! one problem though is I cant use my MS MCE keyboard now. :mad: My main concern is I have the MCE IR device that came with the Hauppauge PVR500 MCE kit and the blaster labeled ir1 on the back of the USB IR doesnt emit, ir2 works great though. I am using Vista Home Premium 32bit along with HIP to control the remote and blasters. Is this a driver issue or is it an issue with the device itself or possibly with HIP?

Hi Aaron,

Please supply your paypal name, and I'll make a donation - I'll encourage others to do the same.

Did eloo ever donate cash to get hat keyboard working? If so and if not enough I am willing to do the same. I paid $80 for that thing mainly for the mouse feature and without it its worthless.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey guys,

opy01:
    The replacement driver doesn't work with the keyboard (still). I never received any help in getting a keyboard, and I'm still out of work so I can't possibly buy one myself.

The problem with the blaster selection is probably because HIP doesn't know how to tell the driver which kind of blaster hardware you have, maybe you could try IR Server Suite out and see if it does what you need?

Cheers,

opy01

Portal Member
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the heads up. So the drivers support 2 ir ports? I dont know how many MS MCE IR receivers and blasters there are but it doesnt seem that anyone else is having this problem that I can see, of coarse I am one of few that are using Vista. I do remember seeing a post on some forum that mentioned it but for the life of me I cant find it again. I will try the guys over at the HIP forums and see what they think until I can find the IR Server Suite. I didnt find it doing a Google search. You got any links to it and is it free?

If you had a keyboard do you think you could get the drivers to work? I could possibly send you mine since I cant use it and when you get it working I could pay to have it sent back. (it would be worth it to me if it worked out)

Edit: I just found a post on HIPs forum about this. Its probably is a HIP problem. Maybe the plugin doesnt work properly or something.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    IR Server Suite? I wrote it, there's a test version available in this forum sub-section.

If I had a keyboard I'd try to get it working. If you're that keen, then by all means, send it down and I'll see what I can do. Contact me by PM if you're sure you want to.

Cheers,

opy01

Portal Member
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I found the IR Server Suite but I have an embarassing confession, I use SageTV. :oops: It looks like your IR Server Suite is only for MP. I just bought the KB from an online company so let me see what the restocking fees and shipping costs are. If its not worth it to send it back I will PM you and get shipping info. At least that way I can help others the way that everyone has helped me with all the free software I use. ;)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There's a program in the IR Server Suite called Translator, which is like HIP, so see how you go.

I looked at making a SageTV plugin a while ago but I couldn't find any good source code samples. If you could point me in the right direction maybe I could make something for you.

Cheers,

opy01

Portal Member
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a plugin for SageTV called EXETunerPlugin.exe that send commands like %CHANNEL% to a specified program when I click the remote. EXETunerPlugin looks to the registry for a path to send to. In my case it sends to HIPWSend.exe and that tells HIP what to do. There is also one called EXEMultiTuner that sends %CHANNEL% %DEVICE% to the program. Can you use EXEMultiTuner Plugin to send a command to IR Server Suite? The post in the Sage Forums for EXEMultiTunerPlugin is here and he offer the source code for it freely. Here are the linksto the actual files:

EXEMultiTunerPlugin.zip
    EXETunerPlugin.exe

I used this to add the registry entry for EXETunerPlugin

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sage\EXETunerPlugin]
    "C:\Program Files\HIP\HIPWSend.exe" %CHANNEL% 500 3

and this one for EXEMultiTunerPlugin

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\EXEMultiTunerPlugin]
    "C:\Program Files\HIP\HIPWSend.exe" %CHANNEL% %DEVICE%

If you can do something with this that would be great and I would definately send the KB then :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeah, you probably could.

IR Server can use Windows Messages as an input "device". In the next version you'll be able to use multiple input devices at the same time too.

Basically, you'd use exetuner to call a program to send windows messages to IR server. Which would then act on them as if they where remote control buttons.

Better still, I'll make "virtual remote" take command line parameters to send virtual remote button presses to the IR Server. I'll work on it tomorrow and get back to you.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom