WMC Remote Will Not Open Anything (Recordings, TV Guide, ETC) When Minimised (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I should better chose my words :). What I mean is that Windows controls the remote and the HID layer transmits the respective codes accordingly. It is subject to the applicaitons to interpret these accordingly.

Now, if a minimized MP does not react to such codes, we may want to discus if this is the correct behavior or not. Comparison can be made in launching fior example Windows mediaplayer in parallel to MP (not sure if that's possible), start playing a song in both applications, minimizing both and then give the focus to another, third application. What happens when you press stop on the remote?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is your problem that in previous releases using the remote would maximize MP? If that's the case it was a bug not a feature :) Try using MP Tray and your Green Start Button to bring MP to the foreground.
    My production system is currently MP 1.12, so in an idle moment I decided to test the behaviour of MP. I deselected "Centarea HID" (which I am currently using with my Ortek/Hama remote), and selected "Microsoft MCE" (to use with my One-for-All RC6 remote).

With MPTray active and MP minimised to the Task Bar, the START button restores MP to its previous size (windowed, not full screen). But several other buttons on the RC6 remote do this too, such as GUIDE, LIVE_TV, RECORDED_TV (and probably more). Note that WMC can be started using any of those buttons, so MP's behaviour is consistent with WMC. (I never tried restoring a minimised WMC using those buttons, so cannot comment on that aspect.)

I then disabled "Microsoft MCE" and enabled "Generic HID" (this is still with MP 1.12), and can confirm that GUIDE, LIVE_TV, etc. are ignored when MP is minimised to the Task Bar.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    other buttons on the RC6 remote do this too, such as GUIDE, LIVE_TV, RECORDED_TV
    That's what I thought. Many thanks for trying it out.
    I'm not sure how this was taken care of before in the legacy MCE handler.

This functionality should be added back in MP Tray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom