WPF? (1 Viewer)

U

Unregistered

Hello there!

Does MediaPortal is written in WPF?
And if yes, does it use MediaPlayer and/or MediaElement control?
If no, how does it plays video via WMP?

Thanx in advance for answers =)

CSMR

Portal Member
March 26, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It would be interesting to know:
-What specific issues MP had with WPF in 2008
-Whether WPF 4 still has those problems
-Whether WPF is likely to have those problems by the time MP 2 is released

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @CDMR MP2 is not using WPF, it is using a custom "MPF" (Mediaportal Presentation Framework) which does not suffer from problems with WPF.

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Was this started back in 2008? Is there any projected timeline for beta or final release?

CSMR

Portal Member
    March 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @CDMR MP2 is not using WPF, it is using a custom "MPF" (Mediaportal Presentation Framework) which does not suffer from problems with WPF.
    Yes I know this, that's why I asked the question about problems with WPF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs have played. If I press Next, it will start playing the next song. This happens with BASS and Wasapi players. It does not happen if I use Internal dshow player (which doesn't sound as good as either of...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom