XM Radio plugin (1 Viewer)

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
question is, will it then be backwards compatible with 1.0 RC2? I'm not sure what the standard practice is here for plugins, I'm new to making plugins for mediaportal

why does it matter? we will eventually go to RC3 or final or whatever and wont those releases be based off of whatever the latest SVN is?

to me, supporting the latest code base is better than supporting code that is essentially is and will always be out dated.

not a criticism, i appreciate your work. just my 2 cents!

Redth

Portal Member
July 3, 2007
very true. I guess I just find it strange that svn changes to a feature frozen application in rc2 would make plugins incompatible. I was hoping it was just something I was doing wrong.

fillerguy

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Milton, ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
I can get the plugin to load however as soon as I select a channel mediaportal crashes completely (back to the desktop). Also, it takes about 10 minutes to open the plugin. Does it download the channel graphics everytime? shouldnt it cache everything after the initial first run?

I'll dig through the logs and see if I can find an error to post.

Otherwise looks great! We all appreciate your efforts!

running mp 1.0 rc2 with the monochrome skin.

braz

November 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Not trying to hijack but any shot this will also support sirius? :)

Redth

Portal Member
July 3, 2007
Not trying to hijack but any shot this will also support sirius?
Right now no it won't.. I just got a sirius account to test with, and looking at it right now, it doesn't seem as simple as xm radio, but still doable. There's a couple of small hitches, but I'll start looking at building a Sirius plugin. For now, only XM Radio, sorry!

I can get the plugin to load however as soon as I select a channel mediaportal crashes completely (back to the desktop). Also, it takes about 10 minutes to open the plugin. Does it download the channel graphics everytime? shouldnt it cache everything after the initial first run?

I'll dig through the logs and see if I can find an error to post.

Otherwise looks great! We all appreciate your efforts!

running mp 1.0 rc2 with the monochrome skin.
It shouldn't take 10 minutes to load the graphics even the first time, unless for some reason you've got a slow connection to xm radio's servers. It takes about 30 seconds to a couple minutes to cache the graphics the first time for me. The graphics are being cached by the XM Radio library in your user's application data folder. for me it's C:\Documents and Settings\redth\Application Data\XMSharp\
Please take a look in your similar folder and see if they are there.. It will only re-download the graphics if a channel name changes..

New Update
Ok, I think I finally figured out the problem. I forgot to mention you must have VideoLAN installed on your machine, and you MUST have installed the ActiveX control during the installation!

If you are getting the incompatible version error, go download the latest VideoLAN VLC application and make sure ActiveX Control is checked when you go through the installer!

This should fix the problems up!

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
New Update
Ok, I think I finally figured out the problem. I forgot to mention you must have VideoLAN installed on your machine, and you MUST have installed the ActiveX control during the installation!

If you are getting the incompatible version error, go download the latest VideoLAN VLC application and make sure ActiveX Control is checked when you go through the installer!

This should fix the problems up!

Awesome! you were right about the VLC. i didnt have it installed.. works now.
I can tell it's still *beta* but great job so far.. works good out of the box..
took about 15 seconds to load and now i'm listening again! :D

edit:
lol woops.. spoke to soon. i changed channels and it crashed to desktop.

Redth

Portal Member
July 3, 2007
Yeah, it definitely is beta :) I hadn't got far enough in testing to have it running over prolonged periods of time. I see the big issue causing crashes seems to be doing channel updates when another thread is trying to access the channel listings. Most of the error logs from MP I've seen were relating to this.

EDIT: Please try v1.0.4 that is posted on the site now! I've had the plugin running for a couple hours with the version without problems so far. http://code.google.com/p/xmsharp/

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
well 1.04 did work better.. i was able to switch around inside of the plugin for a while no problems.
i stopped and exited out to the main MP menu then i tried to go back into the xmradio and it crashed to desktop.
but i can confirm channel changes didnt seem to cause a crash in this build.

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
this was in my log folder

ExceptionType: System.Net.WebException
Message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Source: System

Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at XMSharp.Utility.Http.stringRequest(HttpSubmitInfo info) in C:\svn\xmsharp\XMSharp\Utility\Http.cs:line 253
at XMSharp.XMPlayer.UpdateChannels(Boolean preloadImages) in C:\svn\xmsharp\XMSharp\XMPlayer.cs:line 301
at XMSharp.XMPlayer.Login() in C:\svn\xmsharp\XMSharp\XMPlayer.cs:line 207
at XMSharp.XMPlayer.UpdateChannels(Boolean preloadImages) in C:\svn\xmsharp\XMSharp\XMPlayer.cs:line 299
at XMSharp.XMPlayer.allChannelsPollingTimer_Callback(Object state) in C:\svn\xmsharp\XMSharp\XMPlayer.cs:line 155
at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

my crash happend after i was already listening and exited out to the MP main menu and then tried to go back into the xmradio plugin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom