XM Radio plugin (1 Viewer)

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry guys, been real busy lately and haven't had a chance to work on the plugin.

Is this still being worked on? What effect has the new XM/Sirius merged lineup had?

mightysween

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    I'm willing to help with coding for a Sirius version of this plugin...I have working Python scripts for the various components that we could probably convert to C#.

happyfirst

Portal Member
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I've gotten this plugin working....

I've revisited using media portal again and after installing the latest version, found my basic xm plugin from before didn't work. Then I found this new XMSharp one and I tried that but it didn't work either, incompatible. So I downloaded the source, recompiled with the latest MP code and now it runs in MP, but I had no sound like everybody else was reporting plus the channel list didn't work, would only show first page. I've fixed up the code to make the listcontrol work again and I commented out all the VLC code and am now just using MP's built in gPlayer (although the core XM library that was MP free now is required to link to MP to play) and it works and I have sound.

Since somebody else started this project orginally and I had to make a core change (switching VLC to gPlayer) I don't know what the proper procedure is to let others benefit from my fixes.

Also, when I finally start playing a channel, a box (mostly transparent) with a play button appears on the bottom left along with a really huge time running clock. Anybody know what that is and how I can turn it off?

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007
    I've revisited using media portal again and after installing the latest version, found my basic xm plugin from before didn't work. Then I found this new XMSharp one and I tried that but it didn't work either, incompatible. So I downloaded the source, recompiled with the latest MP code and now it runs in MP, but I had no sound like everybody else was reporting plus the channel list didn't work, would only show first page. I've fixed up the code to make the listcontrol work again and I commented out all the VLC code and am now just using MP's built in gPlayer (although the core XM library that was MP free now is required to link to MP to play) and it works and I have sound.

Since somebody else started this project orginally and I had to make a core change (switching VLC to gPlayer) I don't know what the proper procedure is to let others benefit from my fixes.

Also, when I finally start playing a channel, a box (mostly transparent) with a play button appears on the bottom left along with a really huge time running clock. Anybody know what that is and how I can turn it off?

Thanks for working on this. please post your fixes when you are done.. i would love to have this working again..

happyfirst

Portal Member
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    It's been a while. Sorry. I have gotten the plugin source working with the latest media portal but it quickly crashes media portal so it's not worth posting yet. I've narrowed it down to the code that's constantly refreshing what's playing. Don't hold your breath though on when I might get back to this.

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    I just found an XMRadio plugin for the Vista sidebar that works perfectly!
    It's playing in the background now. Auto logon, etc.
    If a plugin like this could be developed for MP it would be ideal (to me at least).

ptmuldoon

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Although I don't have an XM subscription, I do have a Sirius subscritpion, and would love to see this working as well. I would think/hope that since their merger the plugin would work either XM or Sirius.

I wish I had the coding skills, but I know there is an existing Yahoo Widget for Sirius Radio I currently use. Perhaps it can be ported to work with Mediaportal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom