[Bug] XVID AVI Stuttering 1080p/50hz after about 20/25 minutes (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: XVID AVI Stuttering after about 20/25 minutes

Only robyf has posted logs. Please can others seeing this problem post their logs so that the team can work out if there is any common link?

Mark

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I'm still experimenting, but if you are using FFDShow, open the Video settings and uncheck resize and see if this helps?

I think this might have been adding to the problem in my case but need a bit more time to confirm.

Although it is nice to get FFDShow to resize intelligently and automatically, this is done in software and not by the GPU and I think might be responsible for some slow motion stuttering in some cases , though I am not absolutely sure why it only happens for some files!

I've turned off all post processing filters with no success. Also tried microsoft codec and the problema is still there.

Only robyf has posted logs. Please can others seeing this problem post their logs so that the team can work out if there is any common link?

Mark

cecet also posted logs here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...g-after-about-20-25-minutes-79686/#post595629

midgar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Lucca, Tuscany
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass Nova
    Windows Version: Win7 Ultimate 32bit + lastest updates
    CPU Type: Intel core duo 2.4Ghz HT
    HDD: maxtor 500G SATA2
    Memory: 2Gb
    Motherboard: Acer E415SM
    Video Card: Ati HD3450 Pci-e
    Video Card Driver: Ati catalyst 10.2
    Sound Card: Realtek HD
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Terratec HT Pci
    1. TV Card Type: Hybrid
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.3.3.5
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: cyberlink PDVD 9
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling: Only Silent Fan
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Mce Remote + Logitec Harmony 555
    TV: Samsung LE40A656A1F
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI & s-video for 2nd display

Hi, here my log: I stopped MP when the stuttering begins.
    Same problem like RobyF. It seems to be related only to Xvid at 1080p50. No solution changing output method on FFDshow.
    For me this appens in about 3-5 minutes.
    Bye

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      30.6 KB

midgar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Lucca, Tuscany
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi there..I'm testing this issue..I disabled dynamic refresh rate changer and set the desktop resolution to 1080p60:

Same avi no stuttering.. very strange, seems to be related only at 50hz.

I attach log with 60hz

Another test : 50hz and windowed mode.. no stuttering. Attach log.

So definitely this appens on 1080p50 mode only with Xvid only :eek:

Attachments

• Mediaportal 60hz.zip
      30.6 KB
    • Mediaportal windwed.zip
      30.7 KB

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I've also the suspect this only happens on windows7/EVR. I've edited first post to point out that it only happens with 1080p, 50hz refresh rate.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    As these problems all seem to relate to avi files (xvid\divx I assume), can someone run a known problem file through mkvmerge and see if the problem still exists with the newly created mkv file.

Thanks

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    As these problems all seem to relate to avi files (xvid\divx I assume), can someone run a known problem file through mkvmerge and see if the problem still exists with the newly created mkv file.
    This will only change the splitter being used as you would just be taking the XVid stream out the AVI container and putting into an MKV container. Would just changing the extension to mkv not achieve the same result?

I would think issues are with the decoding side rather than the splitter but I suppose it is worth testing.

Also it is probably worth users posting the graphs which are actually being used? Using log collector to start MP, play file and then close produces a JPG of the graph IIRC. If not it is simple enough to to use GraphStudio to connect to the remote graph and see what is happening. The reason I say this is I noticed that with Xvid files my choice of MPEG2 decoder (NVidia) was being added as an extra filter between the XVid decoder and renderer and was actually causing a crash (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-1-496/hard-crash-nvidia-decoder-79825/) and I am not sure whether one of the codecs actually set in MP is being connected and is causing issues?

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I haven't had time to run Mediaportal long enough to get the problem occuring agina so I can post feedback, but I can confirm that I am running with EVR, Windows 7 64bit and SAF 5.

I will check in Graphstudio how the files that can raise the problem are drawn.

The interesting thing with this probelm is that a problem file is only a problem file when the stutter starts occuring after running xvids for say half an hour. Until then, the same files can look fine. After that point, they all start juddering or microdtuttering and changing the codec (in my case FFDShow) to the Microsoft codec seems to make no difference.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Also it is probably worth users posting the graphs which are actually being used? Using log collector to start MP, play file and then close produces a JPG of the graph IIRC. If not it is simple enough to to use GraphStudio to connect to the remote graph and see what is happening.

Regarding the graphs i totally agree. I say this cause i noticed that if my .AVI container is treated like this : File Source Async. -->Gabest AVI Splitter --> etc etc etc i do get stuttering BUT if i force Gabest AVI Splitter in Source mode and i get : Gabest AVI Splitter Source --> etc etc etc then i get no stuttering. All this only with 25fps Xvid/Divx material played on 50Hz.

Could you guys pls try it out and report here.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Kotik,

I am sorry to sound stupid ,b ut are you talking about looking at the graph in GraphStudio?

If so, can you let me know how you force the source?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom