[Bug] XVID AVI Stuttering 1080p/50hz after about 20/25 minutes (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    For me personally the stuttering is ALSO occurring outside of MP and this is why i tend to believe that it is a codec/splitter issue.

You should download MPC-HC and set ur tv on 50Hz then disable all the internal Source Filters there and play the file while having Ctrl+J active (this is the stats for MPC-HC) and check the stats for stuttering. By that time you will realize that there is stuttering.

After that go again in the Options of MPC-HC and this time enable the internal AVI Source Filter and play the file again while checking the stats. This time you should not get any stuttering. At least i dont.

You can check with GraphStudio the graph if you just connect to Remote Graph while playing both scenarios.

Try it out and report again.

If you need more info do not hesitate to ask here.

P.S. In order to force windows to always use the Gabest AVI Splitter for .AVI files you need to create a new registry key.

1. Open registry editor and go to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\

2. Create a new key and name it ".avi"

3. Inside this new .avi key create a new string value and name it "Source Filter"

4. Edit the value of the new string to "{CEA8DEFF-0AF7-4DB9-9A38-FB3C3AEFC0DE}"

This will force any DS player to use the Gabest AVI Source splitter.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The problem using gabest splitter is that you have no possibilities to switch audio tracks, or is there an alternate method to do it?

I will try anyway and let you know.

The strange thing is I did not have any stuttering before RC1, for instance with last SVN before RC1 no stuttering so I think it must be a mediaportal problem.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The problem using gabest splitter is that you have no possibilities to switch audio tracks, or is there an alternate method to do it?

The strange thing is I did not have any stuttering before RC1, for instance with last SVN before RC1 no stuttering so I think it must be a mediaportal problem.

Could you please upload a small smaple of an .AVI file with multiple Audio Tracks for me to test.

Thanx in advance.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Could you please upload a small smaple of an .AVI file with multiple Audio Tracks for me to test.

Thanx in advance.

Here is a file to test:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

By the way how do you get a graph using log collector? It does not work for me. The generated zip file contains no graph image. Or how can I use graphedit with win7?

As these problems all seem to relate to avi files (xvid\divx I assume), can someone run a known problem file through mkvmerge and see if the problem still exists with the newly created mkv file.

Thanks

I've tried and the problem is still there, so it seems the problem is not in the container...

I will now try to use other splitters for avi files and report back.

Using Gabest Splitter instead of Haali for avi files is no solution for me: same problem. I will edit first post with all the tests made.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    OK, started getting the issue.

Started Mediaportal in debug. PLayed the same xvid for about a minute each time. The second was worse than the first.

My graph is using MPC AVI splitter. The prob is bad in Mediaportal - very jerky.

Tried in Media Player, MPC media player and Graphstudio and looks OK.

If there is any jerkiness, it is negligible compared with mediaportal where it is terrible!

Logs attached - praying this will help!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What you could also try is using the DIVX codec instead, remove haali\gabest first and reboot, then run filmerit, remove any errors and then install divx, any improvement!!

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    OK, started getting the issue.

Started Mediaportal in debug. PLayed the same xvid for about a minute each time. The second was worse than the first.

My graph is using MPC AVI splitter. The prob is bad in Mediaportal - very jerky.

Tried in Media Player, MPC media player and Graphstudio and looks OK.

If there is any jerkiness, it is negligible compared with mediaportal where it is terrible!

Logs attached - praying this will help!

Are you sure that Media Portal is using the same codecs with MPC? You can check it with GraphStudio. Just run Media Portal in windowed mode and connect to remote graph with Graph Studio. Also try MPC Avi Splitter in source mode.

By the way how do you get a graph using log collector? It does not work for me. The generated zip file contains no graph image. Or how can I use graphedit with win7?

Here are the instructions for VISTA/7

midgar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Lucca, Tuscany
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Here my graph with connect remote graph on MP and render media file directly from graphedit.

Maybe the problem is on the three pin input under EVR renderer?

Attachments

• Cattura in MP.JPG
      Cattura in MP.JPG
      73.8 KB
    • Cattura render media file.JPG
      Cattura render media file.JPG
      66.1 KB

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Here's my graph using mediaportal... I've tried different video and audio codecs with no result...

Attachments

• graphmp.png
      graphmp.png
      164.3 KB

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Here my graph with connect remote graph on MP and render media file directly from graphedit.

Maybe the problem is on the three pin input under EVR renderer?

No, this is not the problem. EVR Renderer is the right to use. The reason you don't get it in Graph Studio is because Graph Studio will default to Video Renderer if you try to just open the file inside.

Here's my graph using mediaportal... I've tried different video and audio codecs with no result...

This seems the right graph chain.

Could you pls try to disable "Jitter Correction" in ffdaudio setting under "Decoder Options"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom