[Bug] XVID AVI Stuttering 1080p/50hz after about 20/25 minutes (1 Viewer)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    This seems the right graph chain.

Could you pls try to disable "Jitter Correction" in ffdaudio setting under "Decoder Options"

I will try but I've also tried with microsoft mp3 codec with no result.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Disabling jitter correction has no effect on the problem...

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    OK, fiddled about with a few things and still no fix:

1) Switched from SAF 5.0 to SAF4.0 - use MPC instead of FFDShow for video - no good

2) Switched core.dll in RC1 to one recommended at beginnning of thread - no better.

3) I have tried to attach using Graphstudio. I could not get a graph so downloaded a version of propage.dll and put in SysWow64 folder ( I am running Win 7 64bit). When running regsvr32.exe, I get a DLLSelfRegister error. Maybe I have the wrong version of propage.dll for my operating system? Can anyone recommend a link to download a recommended one?

The picture in each case either jumps or looks slow motion. At one point, when I stopped the xvid, Mediaportal got into a video stutter loop!!!

I can only think this is a Mediaportal + EVR prob.

I do hope someone alights on a solution.

Is anyone running on Win7 64bit and not getting this prob on 25Hz xvid files? If so, are you using ATI or Nvidia GPUs?

I am running latest catalyst with ATI.

Thanks.

cecet23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    OK, fiddled about with a few things and still no fix:

3) I have tried to attach using Graphstudio. I could not get a graph so downloaded a version of propage.dll and put in SysWow64 folder ( I am running Win 7 64bit). When running regsvr32.exe, I get a DLLSelfRegister error. Maybe I have the wrong version of propage.dll for my operating system? Can anyone recommend a link to download a recommended one?

For win7 you can use graphedit from sharkcodec..It's ready to use in 7. Shark007.net - Tools for Windows 7 codecs

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I'll try and look with Graphedit then if I can get it working.

In experimentg, I want to comment that the stutter occurs when mediaportal is not maximized and in window mode so I am not sure this is strictly speaking restricted to 1080p?

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am not able to reproduce this issue since i am using WIN XP and VMR9 where the problem does not occur.

But i can suggest to all of you that you try the files that give you an issue outside of MP. Try to use MPC-HC and see if the problem is there.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I am not able to reproduce this issue since i am using WIN XP and VMR9 where the problem does not occur.

But i can suggest to all of you that you try the files that give you an issue outside of MP. Try to use MPC-HC and see if the problem is there.

This is the first thing I've tried BEFORE opening this post. The problem is only using mediaportal. With MPC-HC or windows media player no problem.

I think that cecet23 has also tried all the for directshowhelper.dll libs posted by tourettes before releasing RC1 with no success (the third dll seems to mitigate the problem, even if it does not solve it completely).

I will try tonight to use the directshowhelper.dll library from the last SVN before RC1. With this SVN the problem was not there. Will let you know.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi robyf,

I look forward to hearing your findings. This is quite a big problem for me.

I have tried the same files in MPC HC player and do not get these problems. It is Mediaportal that is exhibiting these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom