[Youtube] No full HD -> no audio? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So the new dll is the right one now :p and I can confirm that 1080p audio isn't working for me either.. But I notice something else strange. If I run the 720p (23) file, I get the usual experience. Buffers upto 2% then launches the video all within a few seconds. If I launch the files with a higher number (132/136 maybe?) it buffers something very slowly upto 100% (takes like 90 secs on 80mb fibre optic connection) and then buffers up again a second time before starting the video??

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't mind the % - there are cases where these do not indicate the entire file download progress. The higher number are adaptive streaming and the consist of multiple smaller parts and a manifest.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok. Seems odd it suddenly takes 90 seconds to fire up the video where it usually takes a few seconds though. Will wait for your fix and see if it corrects. Thanks for the help, appreciate it. Also your donate button on the google page links to a german version of paypal.. English link?

Edit: Translated it.

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've got similar problems. webm and flv video from youtube works, but mp4 starts without sound and after downloading full stream instead of 1%.
    I've also got sound problems.

I think I already disabled UAC, and I now try to start mediaportal as admin and see what it does.

Post #21 tells exact same problem as me.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I wouldn't worry about your UAC, that was a bit of a red herring. The problem with no sound on 1080p is something youtube side that broke onlinevideos so we are waiting for offbyone and team to fix that. I find all other resolutions play fine though for the meantime.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Perhaps it's an idea to have a filter on youtube-formats (preferably in the hoster part, so other sites linking to youtube also benefit).
    That way, those formats without sound can be hidden from the user. Now it's quite awkward to find the highest resolution mp4 with number<100...

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So glad to hear others are having these issues. Thought I was going crazy :)

Watching this thread with interest as I really the Online Videos Plugin and hope it comes good again.

Thanks to offbyone for his (Their?) great work and support :)[DOUBLEPOST=1386291629][/DOUBLEPOST]...really **like** the Online Videos Plugin...

engma27

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    I have the same problem... since updating i have no sound on any stream in Online videos.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A bit late, but having the same problems :(
    Even LAV 59.1 doesn't fix the problem.

Playing from the webbrowser (chrome) audio works fine, only Only-Videos seems to be affected, strange...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom