Zap2It Stopping Service (1 Viewer)

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Game_dude, run the downloader from a command line and it should show the error.

Open a command prompt, cd to the directory, and run "MceEpgDownloader list-headends".

Post the error and it should tell me the issue.

PastorVor, the latest is that one of the developers is "looking into a server error" that is causing the problem and will be fixing it. I suspect that the "server error" is increased downloads. There are at least 5 programs that are pulling that data. I suspect they will secure the data and release a new version of Go 4 TV to access it if they don't abandon the project. The new version will probably close the API that I am using as well. So I'm pretty sure the data will be inaccessible either way. We'll see I guess.

herr_howard

Portal Member
September 5, 2007
Home Country
Ugh, so if the Y! to Go solution doesn't work, I guess that really leaves one in a quandry...Do I pay for Snapstream one time and have access to their listings forever or use MediaPortal and subscribe to a service that I have to pay for every year....OR do I just bite the bullet and get a copy of Vista Home Premium...

I don't like quandries...

herr_howard

Portal Member
September 5, 2007
Home Country
No benefit...just the fact that it seems to work, is stable, and I can get a bleepin' EPG from it without having to use duct tape and used chewing gum...

If I just wanted to watch TV using my card MP would be fine, but I really, really want to time-shift and you need a guide to do that. When I was using my 30-day demo of Beyond TV 4.6, I had a guide and set up a recording within 5 minutes of installation. True, it won't be a true 'show me my videos, etc.' without Beyond Media, but that's o.k....I'm willing to crawl before I walk before I run.

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
Tried all the above still no luck same thing lol its really weird also I get the BSOD sometimes after closing MP I may have to reinstall MCE :/ It worked perfectly with Vista just MP didn't seem too Vista friendly for me..

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
When doing the Windows/Microsoft Update, make sure you select "Custom" and not "Express". You specifically need "Update Rollup 2 for Media Center 2005". It is an optional update and therefore not installed by default.

eburnate

September 19, 2007
Home Country
zap2xml.exe

Hi, I've been using Media-portal for quite sometime and am very saddened by the loss of the Zap2it EPG.

So I recently surfed the GBPVR forums and saw a scraper for the HTML site at Zap2it.

http://zap2xml.110mb.com/

has anyone tried this for mediaportal

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
When doing the Windows/Microsoft Update, make sure you select "Custom" and not "Express". You specifically need "Update Rollup 2 for Media Center 2005". It is an optional update and therefore not installed by default.
I haven't tried that yet I might reinstall MCE 2005 and try it thanks! I'll report back..

Hi, I've been using Media-portal for quite sometime and am very saddened by the loss of the Zap2it EPG.

So I recently surfed the GBPVR forums and saw a scraper for the HTML site at Zap2it.

http://zap2xml.110mb.com/

has anyone tried this for mediaportal

I tried this program it just opens up a Dos window with a bunch of text and then closes I'm having all sorta of bad luck with getting the guide working in Media Portal :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom