MediaPortal 1 Talk (64 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
tvserver on server works correct Thanks for your respons. Now MP working with TVserver I have discover that when I switch through tv server and MP then the software are not working very well. I have to started up windows XP and then MP working as well Can TV server close the services better, then I can start MP direct after...
tvserver on server works correct Thanks for your respons. Now MP working with TVserver I have discover that when I switch...
I want TV streamining through the network. On WIKI website is many manuals about TVserver I read the follow configuration...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Sat TV in Australia DE
Does anybody in Australia has the "TwinhanDTV Sat-CI 1034" working with Austar or any other Sat TV provider? What CAM are you using? How many channels can you record at the same time, using TVE3, and only one card. Just looking at some options for the HTPC in my room in the gas/oil exploration camp somewhere in the center of...
Does anybody in Australia has the "TwinhanDTV Sat-CI 1034" working with Austar or any other Sat TV provider? What CAM are you...
Does anybody in Australia has the "TwinhanDTV Sat-CI 1034" working with Austar or any other Sat TV provider? What CAM are you...
Replies
Views
Hi, Was playing around with tvserver toghether with xbmc today and I noticed something annoying. When streaming to xbmc, we read the duration as given by the rtsp reply. This gives us the duration at the setup of the stream. This is all fine and dandy untill we get to the end of that duration. Since the recording may very well...
Hi, Was playing around with tvserver toghether with xbmc today and I noticed something annoying. When streaming to xbmc, we...
Hi, Was playing around with tvserver toghether with xbmc today and I noticed something annoying. When streaming to xbmc, we...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the responses guys, currently in the process of converting all my music into smaller 128kbps .aac files because the laptop is struggling to cope with the higher bitrate files hard-disk wise, it should be all ok now though Marcusb Cheers, ill try configuring everything as soon as I finish sorting out this library, going...
Thanks for the responses guys, currently in the process of converting all my music into smaller 128kbps .aac files because the...
Hey all, apologies if this post is in the wrong section/of the wrong topic - but I figured after much unsuccessful googling this...
Replies
Views
Knew it was something simple. Thanks.
Knew it was something simple. Thanks.
Hi there, I am having a little problem with standby. When I bring the PC out of standby it shows the Welcome screen. How do I...
Replies
Views
I don't know if this is the correct forum-section for this? If not, feel free to move it :-) In my first post here, I would like to share my experience, as I did not find anything similar in this forum. I had extreme problems with tearing in all kinds of video-play with any application (not only MP). This was only visible on my...
I don't know if this is the correct forum-section for this? If not, feel free to move it :-) In my first post here, I would like...
I don't know if this is the correct forum-section for this? If not, feel free to move it :-) In my first post here, I would like...
Replies
Views
Hi SpooZ. First off, you can find the log files located in the Mediaportal/Logs directory. These should shed some light. You can also change the logging level in the general section of MP configuration. Slow changes could be due to signal strength, hardware, codecs or anything else. Also, most TV cards use custom drivers for...
Hi SpooZ. First off, you can find the log files located in the Mediaportal/Logs directory. These should shed some light. You...
:rolleyes: Why is the channel changing so slow. I have OSD popping up about the next channel at a click on my remote but then...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TvGuide Question DE
Hello, Im running Tvserver in a single seat configuration. When I go to my TV guide it just shows the channel number, is there anyway for me to add the channel name to that as well so it would say like 28 DSC or somethign like that?
Hello, Im running Tvserver in a single seat configuration. When I go to my TV guide it just shows the channel number, is there...
Hello, Im running Tvserver in a single seat configuration. When I go to my TV guide it just shows the channel number, is there...
Replies
Views
"I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it." (H. Munster) I took these actions (whichever made the difference): - Deinstalled db+tvs+mp+cp - Reinstalled the WindowsXP SP2 Hotfix for DVB (KB896626), compare Software components - Deinstalled the tv card driver, and installed another...
"I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it. I made it." (H. Munster) I took these actions...
Hi, I have installed the TVserver (introduced by tutorial and manual) two days ago and all worked fine at last. While...
Replies
Views
Seems to be working now, installed RC1 Media Portal, and and ffdshow 1437
Seems to be working now, installed RC1 Media Portal, and and ffdshow 1437
It seems I cannot get Media Portal to use FFDSHOW post processing. Here's a snapshot when I click on filter properties tab...
Replies
Views
Works fine in ProgDVB using the same INI files in both apps. Here is an example of a channel that TV Server does not find: Sat: Intelsat 9 (IS-9) 58.0W Name: Aastha Ch 2 Freq: 11477000 Pol: H SR: 26463 FEC: 3/4 SID:2 TID:0 NID:1 PID PMT:5002 PID PCR:1260 PID Video:1260 I’m using a SS2 Card. Will look for more...
Works fine in ProgDVB using the same INI files in both apps. Here is an example of a channel that TV Server does not find...
Works fine in ProgDVB using the same INI files in both apps. Here is an example of a channel that TV Server does not find...
Replies
Views
OK glad it helped! Update your first post that it is fixed that way the whole thread is marked fixed.
OK glad it helped! Update your first post that it is fixed that way the whole thread is marked fixed.
I have been trying to get MP to work as a Media Server with little success. My problem is I have no audio when trying to play a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My Trailers broken? DE
I just downloaded the latest version and I am noticing that some Trailers do not play, but all Clips do. For example, if I try "Superbad" the clips play fine, but if I try the Trailer it looks like it is loading, but stops and plays whatever video was last playing over again. Anybody else having this problem?
I just downloaded the latest version and I am noticing that some Trailers do not play, but all Clips do. For example, if I try...
Is it just me or is the My Trailers plugin not working correctly? I get to see the covers and text about the movies but there are...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Alternatives? DE
Cool thanks for the input. That seems to be the way to go for me anyway.
Cool thanks for the input. That seems to be the way to go for me anyway.
I see a couple different posts on solutions to the upcoming end to being able to use zap2it but I haven't really seen a definitive...
Replies
Views
heu... In fact, I founded this trick previous year because there was no way to have AC3 from mp3 on my Audigy (I mean 5.1 channel from 2.0.). The only method i knew was to use AC3 filter but it didn't worked with MP. This method with FFDSHOW works great for me. My setup is an Audigy Fatality and a Yamaha AC3 decoder (5.1). All non...
heu... In fact, I founded this trick previous year because there was no way to have AC3 from mp3 on my Audigy (I mean 5.1 channel...
ok, at first, this is my first post and I'm never write or talk english. But I wanted to share this with you guys who are trying to...
Replies
Views
XBMC doesn't have TV, so we're on our own in that area, but we should definitely try to use XBMC as a reference in other areas... When in doubt, just ask yourself: "What would XBMC do?" :)
XBMC doesn't have TV, so we're on our own in that area, but we should definitely try to use XBMC as a reference in other areas...
Ok, so I've been using MP for close to a month, and I like it. However, I decided that the unexamined DVR is not worth living, so I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 QAM Tuners for US DE
HVR-1600 & 1800 should now work. Some cable providers don't broadcast channel names so you'll have to manually adjust them to match your EPG source. DMAN
HVR-1600 & 1800 should now work. Some cable providers don't broadcast channel names so you'll have to manually adjust them to...
What QAM tuner cards work with MediaPortal? QAM is the encoding of digital cable signals in the US (64-QAM and 256-QAM). I have...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Diseqc Support DE
Same problem here! (running latest SVN) I have changed from TVServer to MP setup only and I've set Astra2 to my LNB1 (A/A) and Astra1 to my LNB2 (A/B). The exact same setup as I had with TVServer (that worked). Now MP only scans Astra2 twice, because of Diseqc failing. Any solution for this yet? I don't wanna go back to TVServer...
Same problem here! (running latest SVN) I have changed from TVServer to MP setup only and I've set Astra2 to my LNB1 (A/A) and...
In the support forums I see there is a lot of problems being reported with Diseqc switching of DVB-S sources, but little response...
Replies
Views
Thanks, i have exported (its better to have 1 useless backup than NO backup *g*)! And after deinstall and install its like before :-)
Thanks, i have exported (its better to have 1 useless backup than NO backup *g*)! And after deinstall and install its like before :-)
When i install a new SVN Version for the TV Server i must deinstall the old SVN Version of the TVE. Keeps the deinstall of the...
Replies
Views
I think it depends on if the series/episode numbers are provided by your epg source and if so that they are actually correct. I use xml tv and found that on the whole this information is just not available. How do you populate your epg?
I think it depends on if the series/episode numbers are provided by your epg source and if so that they are actually correct. I...
Im running Tvserver in a single seat configuration, and I set up the custom recording paths to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 AC3 too quiet DE
dunno its the same on my dish vip-622. i have to nearly double the volume when stations are broadcasting in 384/768kbps dolby (yeah they do 5.1 in 384kbps lol). then the commercials get jacked up on OTA broadcasts when they flip the hd/sd switch. i think you might be looking at the problem the wrong way. it takes less power to...
dunno its the same on my dish vip-622. i have to nearly double the volume when stations are broadcasting in 384/768kbps dolby (yeah...
Hello, why is AC3 compared to MP3-Streams so quiet? I have to decode both with fddshow. Is it possible to amplify AC3 but not the...
Replies
Views
Yes, I'm familiar with the tables in the database. I also noticed that the modulation was set differently for some channels in the tuning parameters table (should be -1 and I think it was set to 20). OK, so this is all related to the database. I'll just have to tinker around in there some. At least I know I'm looking in the...
Yes, I'm familiar with the tables in the database. I also noticed that the modulation was set differently for some channels in the...
This is an odd problem I've run into with just one channel (that I know of so far). I scanned in the HD PBS channel on AMC3 @...
Replies
Views
SVT HD is the only channel which you can watch on a HTPC. Comhem uses Conax cardpairing for all other HD channels. You can read more here: http://www.minhembio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=143394 The Conax cardpairing is the nastiest thing ever to come out of Norway, it's much trickier to bypass than NDS/Videoguard.
SVT HD is the only channel which you can watch on a HTPC. Comhem uses Conax cardpairing for all other HD channels. You can read...
I can't find the SVT-HD channels when I scan in Media Portal. In My Theater it works great. In MyTheater under these...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Portal Membership DE
I think the names are just taken from the postcount. So maybe afer you reached 30 post you received the upgrade from Portal User ;) Of course there are special names like Portal Dev or Designer which are only given to team members...
I think the names are just taken from the postcount. So maybe afer you reached 30 post you received the upgrade from Portal User ;)...
I seem to have been upgraded to being a portal member in my profile, what did i do to derserve such an honour?! is there a special...
Replies
Views
I've just recently (in the last two weeks) installed MP for the first time and was reasonably happy with the installation. By far the most confusing part of MP is the EPG. What would be very useful would be better explanations of what is needed/what your choices are and for the more advanced user, the mechanism involved. I have many...
I've just recently (in the last two weeks) installed MP for the first time and was reasonably happy with the installation. By far...
I've read a lot of comments in the forums about installing and configuring MP Most people agree MP is great but that the process...
Replies
Views
If WinTV has a problem running those graphics in VMR9, then it shows there is no way that MP will work correctly.
If WinTV has a problem running those graphics in VMR9, then it shows there is no way that MP will work correctly.
I have a DVG-T and an Analog card that I have been using with BeyondTV... they have been flawless... I am trying to get Media...
Replies
Views
k thanks fellas that did the trick :) -SelArom
k thanks fellas that did the trick :) -SelArom
I wasn't sure how to explain my problem in the title so here's some more detail. For the longest time I was using 0.2.0.0 but now...
Replies
Views
I have the exactly same problem with my Conexant bt878 (a) KW-TV878-FBK card...it's mapped but I receive that error...and I can nomore see analog settings previously saved as soon as I try to edit a channel...what to do?
I have the exactly same problem with my Conexant bt878 (a) KW-TV878-FBK card...it's mapped but I receive that error...and I can...
I try to add channel manualy in TVserver 3.0 beta with no success. I try to add SVT HD in 0.8W THOR 2/3 Freguency 11421...
Replies
Views
sorry to be running 2 threads, but possible fix in sight, see above link...
sorry to be running 2 threads, but possible fix in sight, see above link...
The holygrail of TV in NA is a pointing at Dish or BEV and using a program like media portal. I have heard some rumbling of the...
Replies
Views
As far as I know its only TV/Radio (if applicable) that are shared on a client/server basis. I use my laptop in the lounge currently for music (TV's still a bit flaky at the moment for me) as its hooked up to my hi-fi. For that I just setup the path to my music e.g. \\192.168.0.66\MusicStore in my network places on my laptop, so that...
As far as I know its only TV/Radio (if applicable) that are shared on a client/server basis. I use my laptop in the lounge...
I have not yet tried to run TVE3 with separate client/server (but will probably in the future). Actually havent yet run TVE3 at...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom