MediaPortal 1 Talk (56 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hello Want to install 3 or more WinTV Nova S PCI cards on one Win PC (Or Linux) http://www.hauppauge.com/Pages/products/data_novas.html Is it possible to record simultaneously with 3 or more of those cards using mediaportal software? I would kindly appreciate any help on this matter Best Regards
Hello Want to install 3 or more WinTV Nova S PCI cards on one Win PC (Or Linux)...
Hello Want to install 3 or more WinTV Nova S PCI cards on one Win PC (Or Linux)...
Replies
Views
tyvm
tyvm
Hi All, I am currently using meedio, but am evaluating future alternatives as Meedio was killed by Yahoo. HOWEVER, I would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a solution to this too, I'm currently using bda drivers and I could switch to normal ones if these don't work with tv server. Can you suggest how to avoid it?
Hi, I'm looking for a solution to this too, I'm currently using bda drivers and I could switch to normal ones if these don't work...
Hi "MPmens" Did you know than Technisat software (Setup4PC / Server4PC) can´t live together with Tvserver service? From I am...
Replies
Views
using the UNC address worked a treat, thanks for the help.
using the UNC address worked a treat, thanks for the help.
since updating to the latest 0.2.3.0 release ive noticed a problem on my home setup. i have an htpc system in my living room that...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Soon to be 21, same with my Girlfriend. That puts us in the lower end of the majority, I guess. Even though neither of us are students. Living in a farely big appartment (for our age) of 80m2. Can't wait till we start earning more money. I really want a widescreen Flat-screen so I can enjoy even more of all those amazing skins out...
Soon to be 21, same with my Girlfriend. That puts us in the lower end of the majority, I guess. Even though neither of us are...
Yes, you find these kind of polls on every forum. Still, kind of interesting. My first guess: The typical htpc user is...
Replies
Views
change them manually in setup. go to channels under the television option, double click on the channel name, and change it to something like 20. abc. you can then rearrange the channel order in either setup or in settings within mediaportal. dont forget to change the thumbnail names as well though otherwise they wont work.
change them manually in setup. go to channels under the television option, double click on the channel name, and change it to...
hi, i was wondering if it's possible to change the channel number in MP to the provider's "sid" value. for example. assume...
Replies
Views
ON some transponder on hotbird 13e EPG hangs and I get the following log: 21/08/2007 10.07.35 6 epg:Grab for card:#1 transponder #5 index:0/2 last:01/01/2000 0.00.00 type:3 freq:11200000 mod:-1 sr:27500 bw:8 pol:2 21/08/2007 10.07.35 6 grab epg card:#1 transponder: #5 ch:PLAY TV ITALIA 21/08/2007 10.07.37 6 Epg: card:1 start...
ON some transponder on hotbird 13e EPG hangs and I get the following log: 21/08/2007 10.07.35 6 epg:Grab for card:#1 transponder...
ON some transponder on hotbird 13e EPG hangs and I get the following log: 21/08/2007 10.07.35 6 epg:Grab for card:#1 transponder...
Replies
Views
there even is a free version. well its a bit limited, but still free :)
there even is a free version. well its a bit limited, but still free :)
Was it really necessary to modify the home menu ? When you use the remote to move between the items in the home menu the animation...
Replies
Views
This would be a great feature because at the moment, to minimise I go the Home screen and click the Exit button in MP. As I have the setting "minimise on Exit" configured, MP minimises (as expected). However, as I use PowerScheduler, my PC gets "suspended" because I was at the Home Screen. If I could minimise from another screen...
This would be a great feature because at the moment, to minimise I go the Home screen and click the Exit button in MP. As I have...
Feature Request: I like to have a minimize button in full screen mode. It would be a great feature because I use an external...
Replies
Views
offcourse it is legal to place screenshots of MP on (any) website Frodo
offcourse it is legal to place screenshots of MP on (any) website Frodo
hi, is it legally to place a screenshot of mp in the wikipedia commons (for all languages)? if it is, which license? marc
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC Gaming DE
If your into your footy Fifa 07 works well with 2 controls
If your into your footy Fifa 07 works well with 2 controls
Hello Ive spent over a year perfecting my little box 3200xp 7600gs --> huge increase in tv qualitly over my 6800 2 gig ram...
Replies
Views
It isn't that the bug is experienced by a minority, it is that not many use network clients and of those even fewer would be using supend/hibernate. I have seen the bug from my network clients. Clients can access database info and the server will start the stream but nothing is received by the clients they hang at '':play...
It isn't that the bug is experienced by a minority, it is that not many use network clients and of those even fewer would be using...
Why is it that TvServer won't work with standby properly ??? If my TvServer is woken up from standby manually ( via WOL ), the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 OS choice DE
I am having another problem that has nothing to do with the type of OS, but maybe someone here can help me with it ? I always used a universal remote on media portal. The only thing that never worked were the extended buttons. The remote is broke, so i now bought a logitech harmony 1000. Nice one, but i like to use the extended...
I am having another problem that has nothing to do with the type of OS, but maybe someone here can help me with it ? I always...
Hello all I currently have a recently dead mythtv box, im going to change it over to media Portal as im a linux idiot and the...
Replies
Views
Viro, I think you better read the documentation first before posting any questions. You can find this on the main site. Greetz
Viro, I think you better read the documentation first before posting any questions. You can find this on the main site. Greetz
Can Media Portal 2007 be set to act as a server like WMC? Viro
Replies
Views
Yes and no. If you run Windows MCE or Vista as your OS you can use this to use the TV part on a 360: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tvserver_xbox360-t24474.html
Yes and no. If you run Windows MCE or Vista as your OS you can use this to use the TV part on a 360...
hello! I just knew of mediaportal. I hava a question, does it is compatible with xbox360?? I mean use it the same way as windows...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I got this working. It actually looks like it was a bit of a corrupted EPG database. I actually have this thing running pretty smooth. Ironically What I did was install the new KLite Mega Codec pack Beta. I then Installed the Client MP software SVN and Plugin, Then Downloaded the Beta Version of Dscaler 5 and Installed it over...
Thanks, I got this working. It actually looks like it was a bit of a corrupted EPG database. I actually have this thing running...
I am running into a weird scenario, When I first open Mediaportal ie after a reboot etc and I am on one chanel watch tv and I say...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have been using media centre now for some time and have recently looked into some alternatives. MediaPortal seems to be the best option however it will not detect my K-World DVB-T 100 digital TV card. I have tried to manual imput the settings in Graphedit however MediaPortal setup says the card can't be detected. Has...
Hi, I have been using media centre now for some time and have recently looked into some alternatives. MediaPortal seems to be...
Hi, I have been using media centre now for some time and have recently looked into some alternatives. MediaPortal seems to be...
Replies
Views
I thought since, everyone here is mixed IE some have the TV portion working quite well and other do not. I thought it may be helpful if people could do a run down of say Its working or not on their end and what codecs they are using, etc . builds too see if their is some theme of what seems to work etc. As well as weather they are...
I thought since, everyone here is mixed IE some have the TV portion working quite well and other do not. I thought it may be...
I thought since, everyone here is mixed IE some have the TV portion working quite well and other do not. I thought it may be...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody! Does anyone know if it's possible to automatically change the screen resolution when MediaPortal starts? (and go back to the original resolution when it is closed) I use a 1440x900 resolution in my computer but I would like to change it to 1024x768 when I start MP so I can see it fullscreen in my home TV (which...
Hi everybody! Does anyone know if it's possible to automatically change the screen resolution when MediaPortal starts? (and go...
Hi everybody! Does anyone know if it's possible to automatically change the screen resolution when MediaPortal starts? (and go...
Replies
Views
Wow, didn't see this one coming. I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I never said that i wouldn't try your suggestion with the Media Splitter, in fact, i have it installed usually. I also said "AFAIK, the Media Splitter isn't used", not "the Media Splitter is definitely not used". This is also based on my tests of the EVR...
Wow, didn't see this one coming. I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I never said that i wouldn't try your suggestion with...
I have a problem with the Eurosport2 channel (Canal Digital). I get the correct Swedish language in the left channel but Danish...
Replies
Views
I read about it yes, but the problem is that the Dreambox currently dont understand anything when it receives a MPEG-4 coded signal, only MPEG-2. Earlier I could just use VLC and stream to the PC directly from the DB, but that does not work since they changed all to MPEG-4 (on Thor 2). So I would like to use my Technotrend card...
I read about it yes, but the problem is that the Dreambox currently dont understand anything when it receives a MPEG-4 coded...
Hi fellas! I'm a Dreambox user, but have invested in the Technotrend DVB-S2 card for my HTPC (I'm running XP MCE 2005 edition)...
Replies
Views
hey Mew, thanks for such a detailed explanation :) One further thing is that the backup may still not be useful if the structure changes due to MP enhancements. If you upgrade an SVN and MP tells you the database has to be recreated, then this wont help. I'm pretty sure that the backup option in the TV Channels section of the...
hey Mew, thanks for such a detailed explanation :) One further thing is that the backup may still not be useful if the structure...
How can I backup my channel groups in case I need to reformat my HDD? Sorting 300 channels took an awfully long time and I don't...
Replies
Views
Is there a better way of sorting channels into groups? In TVE3 Setup, once you add a channel into a group, then select to add a different channel into another group, the previous channel you've already allocated to a group will re-appear and you risk adding it to another group later on... Is there a better more efficient way of...
Is there a better way of sorting channels into groups? In TVE3 Setup, once you add a channel into a group, then select to add a...
Is there a better way of sorting channels into groups? In TVE3 Setup, once you add a channel into a group, then select to add a...
Replies
Views
I see your points, but I still do believe it can be made to work. If users scanned their media for the filesnames of their movies, using a regex scanner so that you just get the Film Names (if necessary). The filenames are then uploaded to a temp store on the web adding to one big list. Someone with admin rights, (or reliable)...
I see your points, but I still do believe it can be made to work. If users scanned their media for the filesnames of their movies...
Hello everyone, Over at Meedios we have been building a movie database for htpc clients. Basically too many times imdb has changed...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Level out volume? DE
Hi, There is a gain module in ffdshow that does this. I didn't like it though, because it "levels out" diffrences within a single song or a single movie aswell. Give it a go and see if it works for you. I'm sure it can be tweaked a bit aswell. /S
Hi, There is a gain module in ffdshow that does this. I didn't like it though, because it "levels out" diffrences within a single...
Hello i'm having a slight quirk with MP that i'm wondering if i can figure out how to fix, the problem i have is that certain parts...
Replies
Views
EPG grabbing from an ATSC source is not supported yet Frodo
EPG grabbing from an ATSC source is not supported yet Frodo
Does EPG grab for ATSC work correctly for anyone? Thanks.
Replies
Views
i have uninstalled MP and reinstalled it - and the same for the plugin. For some reason if i click on "TOP GRADED" it will sho the thumbnails, but then as soon as i go back to main menu and back into "myemulaters" the thumbnail disappears... please can someone help me?
i have uninstalled MP and reinstalled it - and the same for the plugin. For some reason if i click on "TOP GRADED" it will sho the...
Ive just installed myemulators which is great!! Just wndering if anyone can help with the following questions - 1. Ive installed...
Replies
Views
does anyone know where i can download the last version of MediaPortal which had VRM7. cheers...
does anyone know where i can download the last version of MediaPortal which had VRM7. cheers...
Replies
Views
I have a MCE Remote and from all my googling, it seems that I would need to use HIP to map a new key. ALthough HIP seems like total overkill! I dont suppose someone could modify the MPTray application to do this? As MPTray currently picks up the green button and loads MP, could it be modified so that pressing the green button always...
I have a MCE Remote and from all my googling, it seems that I would need to use HIP to map a new key. ALthough HIP seems like total...
Hi, am using mpc to play my movies and it runs fine except for when I'm done. Is there a way to program the mce remote to close the...
Replies
Views
Hallo ich verwende die Tv engine 3 auch aber abgesehen von einigen freezern im bild bin ich recht zufrieden. Jedoch kann mir hoffentlich jemand sagen wie ich die aufnahme qualität beeinflussen kann. Das einzige was ich finden konnte war ausgabe Format wählen zwischen .ts und mpeg.....wobei ich mit ts. kein bild habe sondern nur ton....
Hallo ich verwende die Tv engine 3 auch aber abgesehen von einigen freezern im bild bin ich recht zufrieden. Jedoch kann mir...
Hallo ich verwende die Tv engine 3 auch aber abgesehen von einigen freezern im bild bin ich recht zufrieden. Jedoch kann mir...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom