MediaPortal 1 Talk (47 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
MP1 MP2 Rate Songs? DE
If you are on the "now playing" music screen, then you can rate songs by pressing 1->5. If you are in a playlist or browsing your library you can rate songs by pressing the (i) or info key on your remote (F9 on keyboard) then select rating via the menu.
If you are on the "now playing" music screen, then you can rate songs by pressing 1->5. If you are in a playlist or browsing your...
I don't see where I can change ratings of my songs. It's be great if I could do it with a key while it's playing (hit key #3 = rate...
Replies
Views
hi there, when i'm trying to run xvid files in MP i get a very bright and colourless picture. when i play the same file in media player and any other program, the picture is great. what is the reason for that? if i understand correctly, i'm using the same decoder for all programs (ffdshow) thanks in advance, amit
hi there, when i'm trying to run xvid files in MP i get a very bright and colourless picture. when i play the same file in...
hi there, when i'm trying to run xvid files in MP i get a very bright and colourless picture. when i play the same file in...
Replies
Views
Gents, I'm getting stuck and frustrated after getting so close to media heaven. I have a few questions and would be grateful for any links, answers, etc. I've had some problems with crashing, so I've tried different versions with varying success - and now I struggling to get much functionality. 1. Is there a way to do a...
Gents, I'm getting stuck and frustrated after getting so close to media heaven. I have a few questions and would be grateful...
Gents, I'm getting stuck and frustrated after getting so close to media heaven. I have a few questions and would be grateful...
Replies
Views
I am in the middle of creating groups to assign channels. When having 800 channels it is hard to do a good job if you dont have the channel deleted from the list. I request a pane called "Channels Without a group" where you see all channels that have not been allocated. Assigning a group from there the channel should immediatly...
I am in the middle of creating groups to assign channels. When having 800 channels it is hard to do a good job if you dont have the...
I am in the middle of creating groups to assign channels. When having 800 channels it is hard to do a good job if you dont have the...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi Guys, Is it just me or does my live TV have more blur since I installed RC2??? Please vote :)
Hi Guys, Is it just me or does my live TV have more blur since I installed RC2??? Please vote :)
Replies
Views
There won't be any more features added to the old Tv engine, only bug fixes...The old engine will be replaced by the new one, hopefully pretty soon :)
There won't be any more features added to the old Tv engine, only bug fixes...The old engine will be replaced by the new one...
Hi developers, what about to implement to option/function "subchannel" for viewing e.g. the subchannels of Pr****m direkt or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 lolcats! DE
thought i had it but the RSS News plugin doesn't show images =( is it possible to fix ?
thought i had it but the RSS News plugin doesn't show images =( is it possible to fix ?
srsly we needs a lolcat-browser in mediaportal! :D someone please.... get us a lolcatbrowser Lolcats ‘n’ Funny Pictures of Cats -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 novatech bundle DE
novatech are doing a bundle at the moment with ATX nvidia motherboard/AMD Athlon 64 3200 processor/1GB DDR Ram. here... http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?mbb-32611g&P=1 Does anybody use this Mobo to run MP? any good? id also like to replace the fan with a Zalman CNPS700B if anybody knows about it. thanks :thx...
novatech are doing a bundle at the moment with ATX nvidia motherboard/AMD Athlon 64 3200 processor/1GB DDR Ram. here...
novatech are doing a bundle at the moment with ATX nvidia motherboard/AMD Athlon 64 3200 processor/1GB DDR Ram. here...
Replies
Views
I think so, the TV is connected via a DVI ro HDMI cable.
I think so, the TV is connected via a DVI ro HDMI cable.
Media portal works fine, but when i change imput on my tv my media portal/windows resalution becomes very small and orange. This...
Replies
Views
Just came across this and thought it might be of interest. http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=4814&start=0&&&edition=1&ttl=20061127171109
Just came across this and thought it might be of interest...
Just came across this and thought it might be of interest...
Replies
Views
i noticed in the bluetwo skin , fonts directory is ~60MB does all these fonts get loaded in memory at the same time? font xx_xx.dds font xx_xx.dds.bxml
i noticed in the bluetwo skin , fonts directory is ~60MB does all these fonts get loaded in memory at the same time? font...
i noticed in the bluetwo skin , fonts directory is ~60MB does all these fonts get loaded in memory at the same time? font...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 who would I DE
thank you and i will look into it
thank you and i will look into it
so here is a question for the great and powerful mind knowers of the world. How would i set up a dvd ripper to rip a dvd in media...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Thanks DE
Just wanted to thank all you guys for a wonderful project, you've made an old timer very happy working out how to build a media centre over the last few weeks. Those who give up and go to WMC obviously like their crosswords filled in for them! Cheers:thx:
Just wanted to thank all you guys for a wonderful project, you've made an old timer very happy working out how to build a media...
Just wanted to thank all you guys for a wonderful project, you've made an old timer very happy working out how to build a media...
Replies
Views
how do i change the channels by presing the number and not channel up and down?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 XML or Ignore? DE
Never mind I got it
Never mind I got it
Never mind I got it
Replies
Views
Hi. I just got my Madiaportal up and running. Now I have question about using x10 remotecontrollers. I Have Marmiter Easy Icon 10RF remote in daily use (all in house is controlled with it) and CM15Pro. Active Home Pro is installed and working fine. mediaportal configuration says x10 Driver is intalled. I have Checked "other...
Hi. I just got my Madiaportal up and running. Now I have question about using x10 remotecontrollers. I Have Marmiter Easy Icon...
Hi. I just got my Madiaportal up and running. Now I have question about using x10 remotecontrollers. I Have Marmiter Easy Icon...
Replies
Views
I know it's the TV server (finally I got it to work yesterday) but it would be nice to have an option to stream some prerecorded material also. Are there any plans on this feature? sand
I know it's the TV server (finally I got it to work yesterday) but it would be nice to have an option to stream some...
I know it's the TV server (finally I got it to work yesterday) but it would be nice to have an option to stream some...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a AvertMedia DVb-T includet on my Asus F3sv notebook and i have masive problems to configure MediaPortal 1.0 to find tv cannels. Country: Germany City:Berlin/Brandenburg. How to use find tv-cannels ? What must i do before ? greetings Tulip PS: Sorry my english is not good, pleas explain in german if you can. Thx
Hi I have a AvertMedia DVb-T includet on my Asus F3sv notebook and i have masive problems to configure MediaPortal 1.0 to find...
Hi I have a AvertMedia DVb-T includet on my Asus F3sv notebook and i have masive problems to configure MediaPortal 1.0 to find...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Way MP shutdown ? DE
My problems: I have MP show in the livingroom(projektor)+cabel to the computer in the bedroom. When i see a movie on MP and my whife going to use internet,the MP shutdown in the livingroom!.but it still going on the computer.its only when i use movie,music .in the menu it don't shutdown. im having vista 32. And i want to use...
My problems: I have MP show in the livingroom(projektor)+cabel to the computer in the bedroom. When i see a movie on MP and my...
My problems: I have MP show in the livingroom(projektor)+cabel to the computer in the bedroom. When i see a movie on MP and my...
Replies
Views
Is the video skipping when the sounds does? You should really post your mediaportal.log from the logs directory as well as what video/audio codecs you are using.
Is the video skipping when the sounds does? You should really post your mediaportal.log from the logs directory as well as what...
Hello, i have installed MP successfully (Win XP Pro SP2, AMD X64 4000+, 2GB RAM, Technisat Sky Star2 DVB-S, Microsoft Remote...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A big "thank you" DE
You're welcome. Enjoy the project. ;)
You're welcome. Enjoy the project. ;)
After a lot of time of reading-only I decidec to inscribe to the forum and write my first post. I want to thank all the comunity...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Installing pluins DE
The "Source" folder is the source code for the plugin so that you could modify it if you wanted to. You can just ignore the "Source" folder. Hope that helps,
The "Source" folder is the source code for the plugin so that you could modify it if you wanted to. You can just ignore the...
can anyone help me installing plugins there are instrutions for the plugins and skin folder , but there is always a source...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, find here my app for nokia phones: Mediaportal RSS Feeds Original post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/website-forum-wiki-feedback-58/ovi-app-mediaportal-rss-feeds-question-96361/#post747366 Best regards, Jo
Hi guys, find here my app for nokia phones: Mediaportal RSS Feeds Original post...
Hi guys, find here my app for nokia phones: Mediaportal RSS Feeds Original post...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Second dvb-s card DE
I am using one dvb-s card now but i am planing to add a second one to have possibility to watch different channels on 2 clients pc in my house.. Is there a possibility to copy current channels to second card without scanning the channels again because i have spend a long time to sort and delete unwanted channels. I dont want mess...
I am using one dvb-s card now but i am planing to add a second one to have possibility to watch different channels on 2 clients pc...
I am using one dvb-s card now but i am planing to add a second one to have possibility to watch different channels on 2 clients pc...
Replies
Views
I have ATSC BDA 2883 Tuner and it works fine in showing channel but I can not get any EPG for it. When I use "Manual Control", all it shows "Grabbing EPG" and no EPG is being grabbed. Is it my setup or expected?
I have ATSC BDA 2883 Tuner and it works fine in showing channel but I can not get any EPG for it. When I use "Manual Control", all...
I have ATSC BDA 2883 Tuner and it works fine in showing channel but I can not get any EPG for it. When I use "Manual Control", all...
Replies
Views
SBE only supports dvr-ms format (wich is actually mpeg2 with some extra metadata, and that can be removed with some 3rd party tools). There are no plans to continue the development of the internal tv engine.
SBE only supports dvr-ms format (wich is actually mpeg2 with some extra metadata, and that can be removed with some 3rd party...
Hi there So I've learned unlike tvserver, the built-in engine uses microsft stream buffer and encodes into those horrible...
Replies
Views
Hello Want to install 3 or more WinTV Nova S PCI cards on one Win PC (Or Linux) http://www.hauppauge.com/Pages/products/data_novas.html Is it possible to record simultaneously with 3 or more of those cards using mediaportal software? I would kindly appreciate any help on this matter Best Regards
Hello Want to install 3 or more WinTV Nova S PCI cards on one Win PC (Or Linux)...
Hello Want to install 3 or more WinTV Nova S PCI cards on one Win PC (Or Linux)...
Replies
Views
Server can be slow. I have a Pentium III 1GHZ with 512MB Ram as a Server and it works fast enough. Graphic is irrelevant. Client needs definitely a good Processor and graphics card, especially when you want HD contents. More Ram is better, HDD is not important.
Server can be slow. I have a Pentium III 1GHZ with 512MB Ram as a Server and it works fast enough. Graphic is irrelevant. Client...
Given that the Server and user portions of MP are now separate applications, I'm considering the options in terms of physically...
Replies
Views
Thanks again. I tried some other codecs, including powerDVD and ffdshow. The only codec that can detect AR correctly is the built-in Dscaler codec. But it is not very smooth, some channels are a bit more jerky than others. My machine is Athlon XP2100+ and ATI 9550. Is there anywhere I can change some settings. All the other codecs are...
Thanks again. I tried some other codecs, including powerDVD and ffdshow. The only codec that can detect AR correctly is the...
Hi, I recently reinstalled Windows XP. After that, the TV program 16:9 SD is always squeezed in to a 4:3 TV, so all the people...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Question about TV DE
see this thread maybe of help https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-final-svn-builds-313/connection-tv-service-lost-57960/
see this thread maybe of help https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-final-svn-builds-313/connection-tv-service-lost-57960/
Is it possible to watch TV without an internet connection?? Is there an offline mode to TVserver or an alternative way? Thanks
Replies
Views
Top Bottom