MediaPortal 1 Talk (54 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Keyboard and remote cost £77 including postage of ebay if you spot a bargain go for it. but look around FIRST. Ray 8)
Keyboard and remote cost £77 including postage of ebay if you spot a bargain go for it. but look around FIRST. Ray 8)
I'm looking at buying a new remote after hearing that the MCE remotes have a far better weitght and feel to the Hauppauge ones...
Replies
Views
This is the best sign of a good piece of software! I flat with 5 others, who aren't that bad with computers, if not a little intolerant of the slightest piece of effort involved over normal TV (every one of them groaned when I explained that you not only had to turn the physical TV monitor on, but also hit 'TV On' in MP), and even...
This is the best sign of a good piece of software! I flat with 5 others, who aren't that bad with computers, if not a little...
Hi Developers :) Just wanted to say you guys are doing a kick-arse job :) I am running pretty current CVS build and the...
Replies
Views
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9337&highlight=
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9337&highlight=
have start looking at bulding a core for this.. What u say about a sytem start on 3-4 seconds.. System under 50mb Speed u never...
Replies
Views
update : my ffdshow can play DVD's Don't know what happened. I had to re-install win xp and sp2. Installed MP 0.2RC2, and now it can run DVD's with ffdshow (20051208 version,) but I cannot get Television to run ffdshow. I am using Cyberlink Video decoder for DVD's, and Dscaler for video files. Tried all my codec's on Television...
update : my ffdshow can play DVD's Don't know what happened. I had to re-install win xp and sp2. Installed MP 0.2RC2, and now it...
Is anyone using ffdshow under Dscaler with MP? I've seen others doing this with "Got All Media" with remarkable results on SD...
Replies
Views
It's available on this site, in Downloads:Others https://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,select/id,22/
It's available on this site, in Downloads:Others...
Hi, I've found an article at the MCE Portal about Extenders for the MCE...
Replies
Views
Look at my signature or the MSN button
Look at my signature or the MSN button
Hello, I was wondering if I can sell htpc`s with mediaportal. I wil make a small donation every time I sell. maby,, 100kr or...
Replies
Views
Superb! That little app is brilliant! Lot's of little functions I can put in scripts. And also shows that Microsoft have exposed the power saving calls to user level apps. Kudos. So from the earlier reply I'm assuming I also can't configure my remote in MediaPortal to spawn external processes. I did notice something along...
Superb! That little app is brilliant! Lot's of little functions I can put in scripts. And also shows that Microsoft have...
Is it possible to configure my hauppauge remote control to place the monitor in standby mode, turn the TV reception off, and take...
Replies
Views
About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and programable recording etc functionality). Ive been a long time user of Frodos previously excellent work in Xbox MediaCentre and have always been extremely impressed with the functionality and stability of that...
About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and...
About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Stop using MP DE
Please, guys. There are already other threads on this. Please don't start it over and over again. I'd suggest the following: Stop complaining and either wait a bit what will come or, if you can't wait, get back to an older version or get a new card. No promise for whatever, last words are just not said on that topic. So please keep...
Please, guys. There are already other threads on this. Please don't start it over and over again. I'd suggest the following: Stop...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 FLASH Boot and database (1 Viewer) DE
no real reason to dish out money for the iram drives. just grab a cf disk lets say 512mb and a cf to ide adapater. then follow this guide: http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/excerpt/CarPCHacks_Chap1/index.html?page=1 very nifty idea. waiting for tax time so I can actually play with this idea.
no real reason to dish out money for the iram drives. just grab a cf disk lets say 512mb and a cf to ide adapater. then follow...
Hi I'm thinking about building a diskless HTPC. Booting from FLASH and having media content on a network drive. As I understand...
Replies
Views
I suspect you can tell MediaPortal how much disk space it's ok to use for recorded tv. Let's say you have a 100 GB disk where you record your tv. If you set the limit to 70%, it will never use more than 70 GB for tv recordings. If you set it to 100%, it will use whatever space is left on the disk. Reasons for limiting disk space...
I suspect you can tell MediaPortal how much disk space it's ok to use for recorded tv. Let's say you have a 100 GB disk where you...
Hi, can anybody please explain what the feature "limit diskspace used for recordings" in the setup is used for. When I set it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I don't have such clips but would like to support these formats in my application StaxRip. Maybe somebody can upload some clips somewhere or tell me where I can find some. thanks stax http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/
Hi, I don't have such clips but would like to support these formats in my application StaxRip. Maybe somebody can upload some...
Hi, I don't have such clips but would like to support these formats in my application StaxRip. Maybe somebody can upload some...
Replies
Views
You are correct Slack. I haven't seen a file size limit though it would be better to have a smaller file that will display quicker.
You are correct Slack. I haven't seen a file size limit though it would be better to have a smaller file that will display quicker.
Can someone please tell me how folder.jpg works. I hear people talk about it but I can not find a topic on how to use it.
Replies
Views
  • Poll
A great benefit of this would be this scenario... You are watching a movie on your MP box in the family room. Sleepily, you define a bookmark. After brushing your teeth & slipping into bed, you fire-up your bedroom MP box, and pickup right were you left off because the boolmark is accessible to all MPs everywhere....
A great benefit of this would be this scenario... You are watching a movie on your MP box in the family room. Sleepily, you...
Is it allready possible to use media portal on two computers and have them automatically share all media? I would like to set up...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 N00b Question DE
Thanks - now the reference makes sense to me.
Thanks - now the reference makes sense to me.
Hi Guys, I ended up on this forum after seeing MP for sale on by some moneygrabber on ebay. I am having to resituate my PC from...
Replies
Views
Using my config XMLTV is going thru Zap2It altho I wish we in the USA had a better method than having to go thru the internet for TvGuide info. I wish I had more info on using the usbuirt for you but since I dont have a STB I have no way of knowing! Adelphia is my cable provider out here and they simply reuse to believe that...
Using my config XMLTV is going thru Zap2It altho I wish we in the USA had a better method than having to go thru the internet for...
Hey, Ive been searching for the proper frotend that has a client mode. I tried Beyondtv, gotv, sagetv, gbpvr, meedio and dabeled a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Mediaportal is breaking the limits (1 Viewer) DE
Many thx to ya!!! :)
Many thx to ya!!! :)
The Mediaportal team is pleased to annouce our first review of Mediaportal controlling 7-hauppauge tuners simultanously You can...
Replies
Views
Now I've seen it all!!!! What kind of freak would even come up with seeling a free product on ebay!!!! I have an gallon jug of pure air I'll sell someone! Come on!!!!!
Now I've seen it all!!!! What kind of freak would even come up with seeling a free product on ebay!!!! I have an gallon jug of...
An Austalian seller is trying to take advantage of the download server being down. They're selling mediaportal for $50+ on Ebay...
Replies
Views
Unstable!!! I've used MP since version 0.1.3 with: ProVideo PV951 ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 ATI HDTV Wonder And managed to get MP up and going with some effort, but always worth the extra time it takes to iron the settings out! Each new product, wether its software or hardware, takes to to adjust the end-user side of things...
Unstable!!! I've used MP since version 0.1.3 with: ProVideo PV951 ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 ATI HDTV Wonder And managed to get...
i tested mediaportal, but i cant use it, to much unstable, and neary no item i can use properly, i want to record tv...
Replies
Views
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1428&highlight=dvrms
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1428&highlight=dvrms
I understood that I could use MP to convert my files...as above. But when I go into the TV recordings/compress I cannot see my...
Replies
Views
Thankssssssssssssss DMAN
Thankssssssssssssss DMAN
At last Twinhan released a BDA driver that emulate DVB-T so I can run my Twinhan DVB-S on Windows Media Center Edition.. When I...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I generally agree with the "no" comments expressed earlier. And - I don't want to create a GPL rant here - how would the license it currently is distributed under allow transformation to payware? AFAIK it's not even possible, or one would have to pull off something ridiculous such as Sveasoft did. And I'm sure that will...
Hi, I generally agree with the "no" comments expressed earlier. And - I don't want to create a GPL rant here - how would...
So recently I switched over to MEEDIO because I kept running into problem after problem with media portal. Some were fixed and some...
Replies
Views
Having an ongoing problem using My Music.. I have a share called 'Music', which I can select fine. Then I select an artist, an album, and at that point it locks up. I can't get across from the left hand menu to the icons on the right. Even when exiting out of My Music and going back in, it's still stuck on the last screen I left it...
Having an ongoing problem using My Music.. I have a share called 'Music', which I can select fine. Then I select an artist, an...
Having an ongoing problem using My Music.. I have a share called 'Music', which I can select fine. Then I select an artist, an...
Replies
Views
I don't won't to bug the developers but I am curious about the new TS filter Agree was working on. What's the status on that one, is it "on hold"? I am referring to this Found in the news on Wednesday, 26 October 2005. Followed by: Saturday, 05 November 2005 As I said I am only curious to know whats happening with this one.
I don't won't to bug the developers but I am curious about the new TS filter Agree was working on. What's the status on that one...
I don't won't to bug the developers but I am curious about the new TS filter Agree was working on. What's the status on that one...
Replies
Views
Updated to latest CVS, then the support was gone... try using a CVS from around new-years day.... works for me.
Updated to latest CVS, then the support was gone... try using a CVS from around new-years day.... works for me.
Hello, Since about a year i'm user of Mediaportal but now i read in the CVS rss feed that software encoded tv cards are totally...
Replies
Views
Thnx a lot I appreciate ur help :o
Thnx a lot I appreciate ur help :o
Let me explain. My computer has a 512 ram with an AMD 1600 XP nothing to brag about, but it should be enough to run MP. I have no...
Replies
Views
hello all, I just would like to doublecheck this... so, Leadtek Winfast DTV 1000T DVB-T tuner card works ok with Media Portal? Does anyone would like to suggest another DVB-T card for using with mediaportal?
hello all, I just would like to doublecheck this... so, Leadtek Winfast DTV 1000T DVB-T tuner card works ok with Media Portal...
Hi, I modify the MediaPortal (0.2.0) 's CaptureCardDefinitions.xml for Leadtek LR6650 and DTV1000 cards (driver 4.0.107.3204...
Replies
Views
sorry, I have not see :?
sorry, I have not see :?
After trying cvs for .Net v2, my NvTv singel tuner card will not work. It works fine with .Net v1.1 and RC1. Anyone knows...
Replies
Views
Oooh excellent, I'll have a play tonight
Oooh excellent, I'll have a play tonight
Dunno if this is a new feature or if I am being dumb ... 1/ Expose what is now being played so I can publish it elsewhere, say...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have installed everything and it works well. Just a quick question, my TV supports Stereo A and Stereo B in Spain. Stereo A is in Spanish and Stereo B allows me to have the TV broadcast in the original language. My Hauppauge card with WinTv also allows me to select Language B or option B (usually English) for the...
Hi all, I have installed everything and it works well. Just a quick question, my TV supports Stereo A and Stereo B in Spain...
Hi all, I have installed everything and it works well. Just a quick question, my TV supports Stereo A and Stereo B in Spain...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom