MediaPortal 1 Talk (70 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Howzit Guys I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current set-up is as follows: I have 8 Satelite dishes which tapes 8 channels on to 16 LG 180GB DVD Recorders. While 8 dvd recorders is taping, i am cleaning up the other 8 with the previous days recordings on to DVD's...
Howzit Guys I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current set-up...
Howzit Guys I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current set-up...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 my fault. oops DE
Yes, put both hard disks on seperate controllers, make the cd drive a slave of first HDD, hopefully that will dramatically improve things. you may have to delete any settings relating to these drives in MP, as they will be stored and possibly screw things up when you make these changes, be aware.
Yes, put both hard disks on seperate controllers, make the cd drive a slave of first HDD, hopefully that will dramatically improve...
Coss post :sorry: MODS!!! send this to the dumpster.
Replies
Views
Hey All, I just ran the installer for RC3 and then applied the latest StreamedMP. I had the RC1 for a few weeks. I thought this new installer would just upgrade the existing version but it uninstalled/reinstalled MP and I had to reimport all the movies in Moving Pictures. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? I didn't see...
Hey All, I just ran the installer for RC3 and then applied the latest StreamedMP. I had the RC1 for a few weeks. I thought...
Hey All, I just ran the installer for RC3 and then applied the latest StreamedMP. I had the RC1 for a few weeks. I thought...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Svn 12898 DE
Only the Tswriter file is needed, but yes have not been able to get access to older svn's, since the were introduced to the forum. Would not mind that myself, you should really have added this on to the other post, as may not be read, because the person we know has that svn is HappyTalk. Regards
Only the Tswriter file is needed, but yes have not been able to get access to older svn's, since the were introduced to the forum...
Can anybody bring me SVN12898 or earlier of the TV-server? Since 12898 there's been a bug, that makes that i can't pick up all...
Replies
Views
is it possible to play windows media i real audio streams from internet through TVE3 i MP
is it possible to play windows media i real audio streams from internet through TVE3 i MP
Replies
Views
can you change the volume of the television, without changing the system volume, like on MCE you can't as it changes the system volume. I am wondering as i want to have some programs loud, but my tv quieter, and i cannot do this with MCE. TY
can you change the volume of the television, without changing the system volume, like on MCE you can't as it changes the system...
can you change the volume of the television, without changing the system volume, like on MCE you can't as it changes the system...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 First Set Up DE
I got to the page where MP searches for channels but it found none. Is there something I should be doing? I set for UK and cable and pressed scan. Nothing came up. MCE can see channels OK so they are there?
I got to the page where MP searches for channels but it found none. Is there something I should be doing? I set for UK and cable...
I got to the page where MP searches for channels but it found none. Is there something I should be doing? I set for UK and cable...
Replies
Views
Re-raising this recording failure issue after reviewing other messages regarding recording failures and a repeat of the problem this week. I notice in the log message above, that the filename being saved (and which failed) contains "..." entries, which would cause a file creation error. Does anyone know if the ellipses used in the...
Re-raising this recording failure issue after reviewing other messages regarding recording failures and a repeat of the problem...
Hi I have built a new HTPC and was successfully recording programs using .TS format. Then changed the recording option so that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 home auto DE
i was wondering can MP do this. i hit play on the computer then the lights dim or turn off , the sound goes to play level and the movie comes on and plays. then when i hit stop the light come up the sound goes down and everything is good. i have some x10 outlet and dimmers. i want it all to be controlled by my pc .
i was wondering can MP do this. i hit play on the computer then the lights dim or turn off , the sound goes to play level and the...
i was wondering can MP do this. i hit play on the computer then the lights dim or turn off , the sound goes to play level and the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I used vdr some time ago and I recognized, that switching from one TV-card to another was VERY quick in comparison to MP. VDR keeps all TV-cards tuning all the time so there no delay to activate one card. Maybe this would be a usefull function for MP too.
Hi there, I used vdr some time ago and I recognized, that switching from one TV-card to another was VERY quick in comparison to...
Hi there, I used vdr some time ago and I recognized, that switching from one TV-card to another was VERY quick in comparison to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 flicker in V1.02 DE
I just installed and all my channels have the same really fast flicker, its almost like a really fast gated effect over the video, which makes it totally un-watchable. im running XP SP 3 with all up to date, reception from aerial is perfect as it is the house aerial which works perfectly from two other points. Just to prove the...
I just installed and all my channels have the same really fast flicker, its almost like a really fast gated effect over the video...
I just installed and all my channels have the same really fast flicker, its almost like a really fast gated effect over the video...
Replies
Views
hi, it appears at least in some configuration that it could be of advantage to put mp in a definite standby mode. what I mean is e.g. programming a macro which stops current video or tv, returns to home screen and go into standby. Is there any way to do this (by a push of a button...)? In the moment, there are plenty of options...
hi, it appears at least in some configuration that it could be of advantage to put mp in a definite standby mode. what I mean is...
hi, it appears at least in some configuration that it could be of advantage to put mp in a definite standby mode. what I mean is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Re-paint DE
Hi all, I've been keeping an eye on MP for quite a while now. Nice to see all improvements. One thing is still strange, why is it taking so long (about 3-5 seconds) to re-paint the main form when changing the form size? Does anyone know what MP is doing on the paint event? This behaviour has been on all the latest versions. And by...
Hi all, I've been keeping an eye on MP for quite a while now. Nice to see all improvements. One thing is still strange, why is it...
Hi all, I've been keeping an eye on MP for quite a while now. Nice to see all improvements. One thing is still strange, why is it...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the set-top-box. This works fine when i enter det channels with my remote. It also works fine by when i press ok to view the current programs. However, it doesn't work when i select a program through the...
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the...
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.6 Teething Problems (1 Viewer) DE
Morning all, Am I the only one having issues with MePo 1.6? I'm a bit of an amateur at this, but I've had a search around and don't seem to be able to find the answers. I'm struggling with the following after doing a clean install, I was previously on MePo 1.4: Allmusic Scraper - This was broken in 1.4, so the fix in 1.6 was a...
Morning all, Am I the only one having issues with MePo 1.6? I'm a bit of an amateur at this, but I've had a search around and...
Morning all, Am I the only one having issues with MePo 1.6? I'm a bit of an amateur at this, but I've had a search around and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am asking this question as I believe that it is supported as it is a "Analog card with Mpeg2 hardware support" But I still can not get TVS to work even when I compile the SVN of TV-S myself... I have seen other people moaning about this card.... Is this card supported? I like TVS and if need be I will buy another card. So...
Hi, I am asking this question as I believe that it is supported as it is a "Analog card with Mpeg2 hardware support" But I still...
Hi, I am asking this question as I believe that it is supported as it is a "Analog card with Mpeg2 hardware support" But I still...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to completely remove the text under the movie thumbnails? It craps up the display something terrible.
Is it possible to completely remove the text under the movie thumbnails? It craps up the display something terrible.
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just attached my trusty old long forgotten Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 tuner into my MP1 0.2.3.0 system. Everything worked fine, with sound on all channels (HD & SD). Now, due to EPG issues, I upgraded to MP1 RC2. I've now got a near perfect EPG, but seemingly Media Portal is not receiving the sound from TV Server. When I...
Hi all, I just attached my trusty old long forgotten Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 tuner into my MP1 0.2.3.0 system. Everything worked...
Hi all, I just attached my trusty old long forgotten Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 tuner into my MP1 0.2.3.0 system. Everything worked...
Replies
Views
Is there a screen blanker in myMusic? Like bouncing a floater with track info/thumb around a black screen after a set duration (exit to UI with "Back") If not... I think something like it would be useful. :thx: Chuck
Is there a screen blanker in myMusic? Like bouncing a floater with track info/thumb around a black screen after a set duration...
Is there a screen blanker in myMusic? Like bouncing a floater with track info/thumb around a black screen after a set duration...
Replies
Views
Some providers of dvb-t, like RiksTV in Norway will tell you to put the tv on a specific channel for up to 2 hours so that the card can be updated and non-free channels can be watched. At what level is this update happening? Is this functionality implemented in mediaportal? Or, is that just a low-level thing happening automatically...
Some providers of dvb-t, like RiksTV in Norway will tell you to put the tv on a specific channel for up to 2 hours so that the card...
Some providers of dvb-t, like RiksTV in Norway will tell you to put the tv on a specific channel for up to 2 hours so that the card...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to somehow send an event to Girder when a certain screen loads? I would like for Girder to know when I am playing music versus when I am playing a movie. Is this possible? Thanks, Eric
Is it possible to somehow send an event to Girder when a certain screen loads? I would like for Girder to know when I am playing...
Is it possible to somehow send an event to Girder when a certain screen loads? I would like for Girder to know when I am playing...
Replies
Views
I had an idea to have icons beside folders when a new show is added. A new show indicator - like a star or something. With my setup, I have tv shows automatically downloaded into folders with the show names. So unless I check my server or in the folder I don't know if there is a new show yet. Is there an option or a plugin I...
I had an idea to have icons beside folders when a new show is added. A new show indicator - like a star or something. With my...
I had an idea to have icons beside folders when a new show is added. A new show indicator - like a star or something. With my...
Replies
Views
I'm just double clicking the icon! lol. I hav'nt got it setup to a state I'm happy with yet. I'm nearly ready to start mapping my remote but this is causing me concern.
I'm just double clicking the icon! lol. I hav'nt got it setup to a state I'm happy with yet. I'm nearly ready to start mapping...
Hi all, I tried searching to see if this has been posted elsewhere but the keywords to look for are a little hard to find...
Replies
Views
I looked at the tasks for mediaportal 2 Haïti, and saw that there's only 1 task left (big task), and idea when is it comming out, I'd love to see preview of whats to come (i know there's older one). Anyway, I think the forum admin should open a new section for mediaportal 2 questions and general talk.
I looked at the tasks for mediaportal 2 Haïti, and saw that there's only 1 task left (big task), and idea when is it comming out...
I looked at the tasks for mediaportal 2 Haïti, and saw that there's only 1 task left (big task), and idea when is it comming out...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to add a 'log off' command to the homescreen button (that show the shut down, hibernate etc. options)?
Is it possible to add a 'log off' command to the homescreen button (that show the shut down, hibernate etc. options)?
Replies
Views
Anyone know where to look to change the place of the text on the right in this picture. Its the name of the computers where the TV-streams are. /Juppe
Anyone know where to look to change the place of the text on the right in this picture. Its the name of the computers where the...
Anyone know where to look to change the place of the text on the right in this picture. Its the name of the computers where the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Online Scheduleing DE
Look through ::this thread::
Look through ::this thread::
I searched the forums and I thought there was a plugin or something that was realated to a Web interface for recording, similar to...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody. I´ve finally complete my Home Server, and the differences between the old one, is that I´ve added a Hauppauge Nova-T500 Dual Tunner card. I Actualy had an Hauppauge HVR-1300 and the T-500 with dual tunner. I did the channel scan in the HVR-1300...so it´s necesary to do another channel scan on the Nova t-500...
Hello everybody. I´ve finally complete my Home Server, and the differences between the old one, is that I´ve added a Hauppauge...
Hello everybody. I´ve finally complete my Home Server, and the differences between the old one, is that I´ve added a Hauppauge...
Replies
Views
Firewall and other security software reconfigured?
Firewall and other security software reconfigured?
I recently switched from Gigabit ethernet to Ac1900 wireless and now MP, both 1.15 and 1.16Pre will not see any of my network...
Replies
Views
Has anyone a Channelliste for DVB-C (Kabel Deutschland) and post it here for me/us ?
Has anyone a Channelliste for DVB-C (Kabel Deutschland) and post it here for me/us ?
Replies
Views
Top Bottom