1.16 Pre Rel. crashes after w10 update (1 Viewer)

shadowfred

Portal Member
November 11, 2012
Home Country
France France
I had the same problem - opening a recording caused MP to stop responding. Also had problems with Windows Explorer. Solved by Wolf at Windows Explorer keeps crashing after update ie uninstall Windows Security update of KB4013429

Thank for your answer...
...but, as someone saied before, I do not think that uninstall a Windows Update is the good solution.
Tomorrow, it will come back (I tried and it came back and there was no better thing)!!
I hope another answer...
But thank you again.
Fred.

spuddy

Portal Member
November 28, 2015
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for the reply MM.
I unistalled the Win10 update discussed on this thread for now and TV works perfectly again. Definitely a Microsoft issue not MP.
I will hope a new update resolves it once MS gets word of the problem.
Regards
Mike

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To those of you who are uninstalling the Windows update...
    The update includes various useful fixes including security fixes. We do not recommend uninstalling the update!
    As previously stated:
    1. The crashes are occurring if/when MediaPortal attempts to use the Microsoft DTV-DVD codecs for whatever reason.
    2. The crashes will stop if you prevent MediaPortal from using the Microsoft DTV-DVD codecs.
    To be specific:
    1. Open MediaPortal Configuration.
    2. Navigate to the "Codecs and Renderer" section.
    3. For each tab (video codecs, Blu-ray codecs, TV codecs, DVD discs/images codecs), ensure that neither "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" nor "Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder" are selected for any option.
    4. Click OK to save any changes and close MediaPortal Configuration.

spuddy

Portal Member
    November 28, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MM,
    Double checked again, but still no joy so the only thing that works for my system is to remove the Win10 update.
    Thanks for trying but i'll wait for MS to fix it's problem
    Regards
    Mike

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @spuddy
    Mike, like I said my earlier reply: it looks like you have a different problem. We'd be very happy to offer further assistance, but it's simply not possible (because we don't have enough information about what's going on your system - configuration etc.) to assist unless you choose to post log files. If you're content with uninstalling and waiting then that's up to you.

bingo99

Portal Member
    June 14, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    what I did to solve this was as follows:

In MP configuration go to Codecs And Renderer

Click TV Codecs

Change the last field (Audio renderer) to Default Wave-Out Device

Save and exit

MP is working fine for me

hope this works for you!

Alan D

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2016
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you MM,

I had been suffering from the same problem with my TV and recording play back crashing since the March Windows 10 update, my initial solution was to go to the last restore point prior to that update, but of course that only worked for a short time, until Windows decided to update again, (so wish we could have control of our own computers again), then back to the crash again, in my case the radio stations worked fine, also the clients upstairs were working fine, so it wasn’t the server side of thing that was the issue (that was the computer that kept crashing), so came to the support site (again! you are so worth the donation, Urge others to donate, they do an amazing job for us all), anyway went and looked at my configuration files, and guess what, a Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder selected, changed it to LAV Video Decoder, and it is all working fine now, so thanks to all who have been trying to solve this for us all. Going to donate another amount after posting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom