ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Are multiple artist MBIDs supported?
    No, I don't know how to do it, at the moment of requesting MBID for an artist, I know only one, and there could be more in the database, I don't really want to do a simantic analysis. Load the logic with selecting all the artists, building the list, selecting all the MBIDs, building the list. Then searching for an artist index and using it to select the right MBID, seems very expensive to me. All the more, for some reason, my music database doesn't have any MBID, although it is in the files.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm, I still think that the esiest and best solution would be to just take the Artist MBIDs of the current track, do a FH database query for these MBIDs and display all found fanarts.
    There are many multiple artist tracks with separators which can also be part of band names e. g.
    • &
    • and
    • with
    • versus
    This would be solved with this approach.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    just take the Artist MBIDs of the current track, do a FH database query for these MBIDs and display all found fanarts
    This is how the plugin works :)
    There are many multiple artist tracks with separators which can also be part of band names e. g.
    You can't foresee everything. But almost all delimiters are customizable, except some by default. :)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is how the plugin works :)
    Currently there's no multi-artist MBID support at all.

You can't foresee everything. But almost all delimiters are customizable, except some by default. :)
    Using separators to split the artist name causes conflicts e. g.
    • Kool & The Gang
    • Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman
    That's why MusicBrainz Artist MBID is a multi-value field. It's there, you just need to process it appropriately. :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Currently there's no multi-artist MBID support at all.
    How not? FH now works with the number of artists from 0 to infinity. And it works well. But what for a track is 10 artists, for FH just 10 artists in the list, and it doesn't matter if it plays one track, or if it's a folder with a set of artists.
    Kool & The Gang
    Kool & The Gang|Kool|The Gang - This FH artist list ie 3 separate artists
    Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman
    Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman|Robbie Williams|Nicole Kidman - This FH artist list ie 3 separate artists - It all makes sense to me and is correct. :)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kool & The Gang is a band, not multiple artists. Splitting a band name into two artists - Kool|The Gang - doesn't make sense. It leeds to false-positives.
    However, the & character is often used in the artist name field to list multiple artsts.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    into two artists - Kool|The Gang - doesn't make sense
    into three ...
    doesn't make sense. It leeds to false-positives
    But in case - Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman - Everything is good and makes sense, and in my case these options are 70%, and I can not connect the AI, so of two evils, I chose the lesser.

Users who are viewing this thread