1.32 X64 does not detect HD Homerun channels, 1.31 32-bit does (2 Viewers)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I never said it wasn't, it is now working fine for me but there was an issue with the upgrade and I needed to run the DLLFix program but found my anti-virus had put it in quaranteen.
    But, no problem, problem is with your anti-virus giving a false positive.
    Trust me, there is no virus in it, I suppose your anti-virus detected .dlls modifications and then, alert where it shouldn't in this case.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But, no problem, problem is with your anti-virus giving a false positive.
    Trust me, there is no virus in it, I suppose your anti-virus detected .dlls modifications and then, alert where it shouldn't in this case.
    Yes must have been something like that, the DLLFix program has been installed and has been run on numerous occaisions before without any problem.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At this point, my frustration has reached its limit. Due to time constraints, I will simply install 1.32 32 bit cross my fingers, and go from there with the attempt to bring up this new PC.
    After playing with it most of the day on a previously non MP1 PC I have reported my findings in a bug report here. For what it is worth I finally managed to get a fresh install of 1.32 Final x86 up and running, TV channels scanned etc. after disabling my AV program (though 1.31 was not a problem:confused:) and then update to 1.32 x64 but very important was to stop the TV server running with Taskmanager before installing and do a restart to get it going again after the install!

UPDATE:-
    If you do the update to the 1.32 x64 from 1.32 x86 also make sure you choose a "Fresh" install as the Reinstall fails to install the x64 TV Server Plugin, so TV does not work, what a bag of worms.:mad:

Last edited:

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No apologies necessary and I am sorry that my suggestions were not helpfull but they were made with the assumption that all was well with the 1.32 Final, sadly that seems not to be the case.:((n):(
    I have spent most of this morning attempting a fresh install of MP 1.32 final on my desktop PC which has not had MP 1 installed on it for a long time and I can confirm pretty much everything you have reported, I have not even been able to get the x86 version running! I seems Haloween is the right name for it but all tricks and no treets!:eek:
    I will try and put together all my findings in a bug report but as a first off if any devs are looking at this the x64 version installs MySQL in Program Files (x86) instead of in Program Files (where the x86 version installs it) which is why it won't start, however even when it is installed and running correctly the channel scan still does not work, nothing to do with the Home Run tuner it is the same on my TBS dual.
    I would also like to point out that I do have MP 1.32 Final x64 up and running on my HTPC but that was from a basis of 1.31 with an upgrade, not without difficulties, to 1.32pre x64 and then an upgrade to 1.32 Final x64 with some problems with the Multishortcut plugin but that may have been my anti-virus throwing a wobly.
    Thanks for your reply. At least I know I am not going nuts! :LOL: FWIW, I am glad that you were able to confirm my experience.

Unfortunately, I did not screenshot the exception message that I got, however, once I got the"Fresh Install" of 1.32 32bit Final onto my new PC, I ran the TV Server configuration, and I got an exception message that said that it could not find the MySQL.data.dll The exception message had a version number for the MySQL.data.dll that it could not find, however, I don't remember it exactly. I think it was something like 5.1.3. I was able to work-around that exception by completely uninstalling 1.32 x32 final, reinstalling 1.31 x32 final, and then installing 1.32 x32 final as an upgrade.

That work-around has not panned out, however, on my oldPC. I had not noticed it prior to last night, however, on the old PC where I updated 1.31 to 1.32 as running TV Server configuration gives the same message. The next time I get the message, I'll snapshot it and post it here. Right now, however, the old PC is doing an image backup of my "recordings" drive and it may not finish until tomorrow.

I know this is not an x32 thread, but I have to agree that 1.32 Halloween is all tricks and no treats. Perhaps that's Karma for me since our "trick" was to pretend we were not home. :notworthy:;):LOL: I'll suggest that 1.32 final X32 be taken off the download page and 1.31 x32 be the recommended version until 1.32 has been hardened some more.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Assuming there are any devs that are watching this thread...

I have a follow-up here with an exception message that happens on an X86 1.32 upgrade from 1.31 X86 final. When I start the TV Server configuration, I get the attached screen-shot message box popping up. I checked in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" and there is a MySql.data.dll that is in the directory, however, the version number is 6.6.7.0.

FWIW - I've been developing .net stuff professionally, well, basically since .net first came out. While installing a fresh/clean install of 1.32 X86, there is a "file not found" exception that occurs after the MySql component is installed and the install attempts to start MySql. It has been my experience that an incorrect version of a .net dll, such as 6.6.7.0 when an assembly is looking for version 5.1.7.0 of the same dll, will manifest itself as a "file not found" exception. (.net so nicely eats some nasty exceptions - nicely, unless, of course, you are a developer because the real exception "file not found" masks the real exception which is an incorrect version of a dll, thus leaving you to wonder what is really happening.)

What I am thinking is that it is possible that some MePo assembly that is dependent on MySql.data.dll maybe did not get rebuilt for the 1.32 release??

Attachments

• MediaPortal-1.32x86-MySQL.Data-Exception.png
      MediaPortal-1.32x86-MySQL.Data-Exception.png
      31.8 KB

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have been able to get the client component, including TvPlugin, working fully under x64 (not using Any CPU but fully x64).

However, when it comes to TvServer, there seem to be a few issues. Firstly, when I set SetupTv.exe to x64, the tuner cards don't seem to be processed correctly in TvServer-Configuration. This seems to be because UPnP.dll will only work under x86. I tried using a x64 version of UPnP.dll but that didn't work either (I got a BadImageFormatException error - I was using Any CPU for the SetupTv project). I have to set the SetupTv project to x86 using the old version of UPnP.dll for that to work.

When I try to make TvService x64 and then run TvServer-Configuration, I get "System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". The error message isn't saying which component is failing.

I think we are nearly there with the server component being x64 capable but there do seem to be some x64 incompatible components - UPnP.dll being one.

Hope this helps.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    However, when it comes to TvServer, there seem to be a few issues. Firstly, when I set SetupTv.exe to x64, the tuner cards don't seem to be processed correctly in TvServer-Configuration. This seems to be because UPnP.dll will only work under x86. I tried using a x64 version of UPnP.dll but that didn't work either (I got a BadImageFormatException error - I was using Any CPU for the SetupTv project). I have to set the SetupTv project to x86 using the old version of UPnP.dll for that to work.
    Thanks to the team for working on this. I'll switch to x64 when it sounds like its reasonably stable and working.

I'm not sure this will help and someone will probably figure it out anyway, but I had something like this happen in my job. I have a .NET project that calls an unmanaged Fortran dll. Yes, Fortran. :rolleyes: IIRC, what was happening was that there was an X86 dll in the path that was being found instead of the proper x64 dll; essentially, there were paths to both, and the x86 dll was being found first for an x64 project. My .net project is also explicitly compiled as x64.

Unfortunately, some of the exceptions, like the "BadImageFormatException" that are thrown by .net do not point to what is actually causing the problem and it might take some digging to get to the "real" issue.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I have been able to get the client component, including TvPlugin, working fully under x64 (not using Any CPU but fully x64).

When I try to make TvService x64 and then run TvServer-Configuration, I get "System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". The error message isn't saying which component is failing.

I think we are nearly there with the server component being x64 capable but there do seem to be some x64 incompatible components - UPnP.dll being one.

Hope this helps.
    Are you using x64 TvServer from this post?

Last edited:

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you using x64 TvServer from this post?
    No, because I've got my own version of TvServer. I get the latest code, after a new release, from

GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1: Home Theater and Digital Video Recording solution for Windows.

The version I got from there seems to still have the x86 version of the code.

When I tried to install the server component using the x64 release executable, TvServer didn't work for me.

When do you think the latest code for the server component will be posted to that site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom