1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0 (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    After talking to Mr. Hipp I think we know where the stuttering issues comes from. With 1.0.1 (compared to 1.0) there is one extra texture copy step done to display the video frame. Basicly this means that GPU has much more work to do (memory bandwidth requirement has increased with 1920x1020x32 bit * fps rate for 1080 content).

That is required to do the rendering and mixing the video frame properly, so we cannot to revert back to the previous one. So, please list all GPUs you are using and if possible try with more powerful GPU (or for just to test the assumption try to overclock the GPU memory to see if it reduces the stuttering a bit).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    my setup is posted in "my system" thingee

AMD X2 4200+ / 2GB DDR800 / Onboard HD3200 (with 512mb shared ram) - Win XP SP3

I'm suprised that this isn't powerful enough.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After talking to Mr. Hipp I think we know where the stuttering issues comes from. With 1.0.1 (compared to 1.0) there is one extra texture copy step done to display the video frame. Basicly this means that GPU has much more work to do (memory bandwidth requirement has increased with 1920x1020x32 bit * fps rate for 1080 content).

That is required to do the rendering and mixing the video frame properly, so we cannot to revert back to the previous one. So, please list all GPUs you are using and if possible try with more powerful GPU (or for just to test the assumption try to overclock the GPU memory to see if it reduces the stuttering a bit).
    Are you sure this is the case? Seems it would have been mentioned as a feature/bugtrack in the 1.0.1 release and I've been tracking this issue for over a month now! If this is true (about a "new" video requirement for 1080i material) it needs to be documented in the General Requirements.

Either way this is good to have a sound basis for the new behavior... now if we can confirm this. As My System states: Video: On-Board NVidia 7050PV which is an October 2007 vintage and the latest NVidia driver.

Adamw

Portal Member
    January 16, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm also suffering from large amount of dropped frames with 1080i content since 1.01.
    My system specs:
    AMD X2 6000+ / 2GB DDR800 / Onboard HD3200 (with 512mb shared ram & 64Mb side port ram) - Vista SP1.
    Using PDVD8 codec for H264.

I hope someone can figure out a fix for this since live TV here is broadcast in 1080i and I cant easily upgrade my gfx since my tv card uses the only PCIe slot that my M/B has.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have recently upgraded MP from RC4 to 1.0.1 with similar results. Check 'My System' for specs.

I cannot believe this issue can't be rectified. I have just finished watching a movie broadcast at 1080i, which had major juddering/stuttering. I shut down MP & watched it with Zoomplayer which played the file fine, using PowerDVD 7.* Ultra codecs.

I know one thing; I'm not upgrading my hardware just to solve this issue. I'll just Ghost back to RC4 & leave it at that.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1gkar: MP 1.0 Final seems fine, it's just affecting 1.0.1 / 1.0.2

Question - Could the upgrade to .net 3.0 / 3.5, that is required by MP 1.0.1/2 be affecting the rendering?

Pascal

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    IJsselmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :( Same problem here... Since upgrading from 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 I have bad rendering (stuttering / jitter) issues, both on SD as on HD channels (MPEG2 / H.264). I simply can not achieve 50 fps. Only SD channels sometimes, but HD never got higher as 35 fps. I use the same codecs as in the previous version, didn't change anything there, so that could not be the problem.

I have an onboard geforce 9400 graphics card. :confused: Can not believe that it is not enough. Reverted back to MP1.0.0

Pascal

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @1gkar: MP 1.0 Final seems fine, it's just affecting 1.0.1 / 1.0.2

Question - Could the upgrade to .net 3.0 / 3.5, that is required by MP 1.0.1/2 be affecting the rendering?

No. For the reason I don't have either installed. 3.5 is not required for 1.0.1, only 1.0.2. Was not going to install the 250mb 3.5 .net until I upgrade to broadband.

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Could someone with the problem please try 1.0.2 with the tsreader from 1.0.0 and see if the problem is there. I.e is the problem within MP app or TS reader.

Thanks

Mr Hipp

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Quickly tried to use RC4 version's TSReader on v1.0.1. Didn't work: just got error box. Interestingly, I got a similar box when attempting to playback my Blu-ray MKV rip of Ironman. This never happened on the earlier version. It is the only Blu-ray rip this happens to, the others playback fine. Could this be related to the TSReader issue?

Won't have a chance to try Mr Hipp's suggestion until next weekend, as I'm back to work & about to change my internet connectivity. Also, it would be easier for me to try against vRC4. Would this assist? Or is it retracing too far back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom