1920x1080 by any chance (1 Viewer)

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I do have one issue, but I don't know if it's related to the theme not being native 1080p or due to the videodriver or something. In the scrolling text areas e.g. in My Movies (imdb info) there's some 'pixelation'. Between the lines, I see random white dots, which shouldn't be there. It's not really bothersome, but I was wondering if other (1080p) users have this issue too.

Could be that you didnt install the GeoSansLight font or you did after you started MP. Try clearing the skin cache and see again.

Cadriel

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have a 1080p set, and get the pixelation around fonts.

It happens everywhere, and I've never been able to figure out why. I've done multiple clean installations to try and resolve with no happy outcome.

It's definately not a machine spec issue, as i'm running a reasonably nice setup (Intel 8400, 4gb ram, 8500GT).

I'm almost convinced it's an issue with the font itself, rather than a problem with the skin or drivers.

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I also have the pixelation around fonts (Indigo). Font GeoSansLight is installed, the Skin-Cache was deleted several times since skin-installation.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also have the pixelation around fonts (Indigo). Font GeoSansLight is installed, the Skin-Cache was deleted several times since skin-installation.

And you have a 1920x1080 resolution as well? Maybe there is a problem with the scaling of the skin then, since I'm not the only one.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So maybe it's resolution related. I guess it's the font, since you're using Indigo and I'm using Monochrome. It's not really bothersome, but a fix would be nice. I wonder if non Full HD users have the issue as well ...

MJRL

Portal Member
    October 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I guess this what you guys are talking about, i've posted it in skin thread.

I have a lot of dots that look like dead pixels on the info text, but not in all, its graphic card driver related or do you think its skin related?

No dots

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3755/semttuloky2.jpg

Dots

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/4011/semttulo2kc4.jpg

VGA Card Nvidia 8400 GS
    In media portal default skin i have no issues

I will try to install dx9 in Vista, someone here mention that, if it solve i will report back

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For me it didn't do the trick ... I saw your post in the skin thread as well. It's funny, because in Moving Pictures (which doesn't have a monochrome skin so I use the generic skin) I have no pixelation whatsoever.

MJRL

Portal Member
    October 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Instaling DX9 didn't solve the problem.

Even in 1st SS have dot's, under the movie title there are some dots.

I don't understand, i have formated my pc this weekend and before i didn't notice the dots, i think before i didn't have dots at all.
    The only diference is that before i was in vista 64, now on 32, and the vga drivers are updated, maibe try to rollback the vga drivers.

EDIT:
    The problem its font related.
    When you download this skin in the folder font there's a XML file named (fonts), then do this:

From Monochrome instalation instructions

If for some reason you don't like the new font:
    -----------------------------------------------

1) Copy the fonts.xml from the Font folder into your to your MediaPortal\skin\Monochrome folder.

2) Delete the cache folder in : ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache (Vista)
    Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\Cache (Windows XP)

I Like it, but it's not working good

Users who are viewing this thread