1st HDD full and now? (1 Viewer)

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Like I said, I may have missed the point, and perhaps I have, but..

How do you configure mediaportal? If you are going into the configuration app, then you can add movies to the database from there.

Yuo could switch to share view and then hit the dots at the top of the share list to access other shares, find the relevant file, right click (or menu on your remote) and load IMDB information, this adds it to the database, then your done. Switch view back to database view.How are you getting IMDB information now?

To be plain, Mediaportal is installed on my "c" drive, Music ,photos, stored music videos on "E", Movies on F&G. I do have a keyboard and mouse attached to the PC, but rarely use them for MP purposes, other than configuration. In the absence of that, maybe a Remote Desktop or VNC solution to allow you to access the Media PC from another machine is possible. Certainly Remote Desktop is a default part of most flavours of Windows XP and Vista. The media library on the HTPC is available to all computers in my home via a little wireless network. Each PC has its own database for music, movies etc., which is a pain when you have to update the database on each machine, maybe one day I'll write a script to automate that. With that exception, the app works pretty well flawlessly for me. Using TV Server, each PC also become a TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have I missed something all this time? Is there a way of marking recordings as favourites, and an easy way to display them? Thank you
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom