[solved] 2nd Client - MP2 screensaver disconnects server (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recently switched my WLAN to GigaBit "ac" standard. This involved plugging in/out new WLAN stick, interim changed IP and so on.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry morpheus_xx - I haven't followed this conversation, and I won't have time to follow up until I get internet at home again.
    About the only thing I know is that I was seeing random disconnects with the CableCARD tuners due to the eventing buffer size thing. Patch is here if you want to try it:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...for-mediaportal-1.112585/page-63#post-1056643

Not sure whether it will be MP2 compatible as it stands, but worth a try at least... or just merge the branch/commit.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There will be another release soon, but I also can provide a current interim snapshot if you like.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here's the link to a new development snapshot: http://tinyurl.com/q7sg3ue

It contains bugfixes and some new features (first part of Trakt client plugin, RefreshRateChanger). Please give it a try. For multiseat setup install it on all systems.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have it installed on Bugsbunny (server/client) and Sylvester (Client Only)
    I have imported Moves and Series, configured trakt.
    How do I go about testing RefreshRateChanger?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do I go about testing RefreshRateChanger?

Set your TV screen by default to 50Hz or 60Hz and play a movie which got 23,976 fps. If refreshrate changer is enabled your screen should automatically adapt to the video refreshrate. Press F10 for the stats. See:
    1.png

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @morpheus_xx I am running the new dev version you sent out, and I still seem to be getting disconnected like in Alpha4
    attached are the server and client logs, looks like it takes about 25 mins of idle time. At the end of the server log is where you see it get "removed from the network"

Have you guys tested this in a Win 8.1 ONLY environment yet?
    Also, I am using static IPs assigned by my DHCP server at the moment (by MAC).
    I will be testing with static IP set directly on the interface now.

EDIT - Tested with static IP directly on interface (not through router) and the same thing happened.
    MP Client at host 'Ascension' was removed from the network.

I noticed a strange thing, it doesn't attach with a hostname ' ', but it gets removed from the network with the correct hostname...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom