[fixed] 4k HEVC DXVA2 not playing correctly in MP2 (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Wouldn't that suggest an issue in LAV?
    Could be. It tries to use hardware decoding on my Intel HD530 chip that does not hw decoding for 10 bit. In this case it should fall back to software decoding.

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I tried the 2.2.1 WIP. So far it is working better than it has in the past. I am sticking with Jurassic World for testing consistency.

Initially I tried DXVA2 native enabled with HEVC checked. Results vary with either a blank screen or a ? in the right corner where the file can't be found.

Next up was unchecking HEVC in LAV like below.

ScreenShot290.jpg

With HEVC unchecked, the file played smoothly. The i7 7700T was about 45% usage and 0% video decode as expected.
    I verified the same settings against the other i7 7700T client with MP 2.2, HEVC checked gave a ? in the right corner and HEVC unchecked gave a blank screen.
    The bad: I cannot skip ahead, just get a black screen and I cannot resume after stopping the movie, also a black screen.
    I only watched the first few minutes of the movie. I will watch more later, in the past files that started playing often have issues with stuttering and audio sync after playing for a longer period of time. I will post results once I play a whole movie.

ScreenShot286.jpg

For reference, this is the same movie in MPCHC with HEVC checked in LAV. Video decode is 24% and CPU is vary low till I remoted in for a screenshot. The video decode is important for low powered clients like the i3 7100U I initially tried to use.

ScreenShot288.jpg
    ScreenShot292.jpg

Attachments

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Didn't it work in MP1 with same LAV settings and file?
    No idea. Nobody here has the necessary hardware to test things.

However, @JSchuricht: you could do this ;). If you are willing to take a look you would need to deactivate the MP2 Server service before installing MP1 (better without the TV option!) on the same machine.

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Country flag
    I'll give it a try. My MP2 server is separate from the clients so shouldn't be an issue.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Great. This will be an interesting result. You'll need to set up a path for Videos in the MP1 setup tool. Other than that I would not configure anyting.

P.S.: Kind of late in the US, isn't it?

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Country flag
    Works perfectly in MP1, at least with a short test. Skipping ahead and resume after stopping works too.

upload_2018-12-6_1-32-11.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Works perfectly in MP1
    And it does so with HEVC being ticked as you would expect.

@morpheus_xx , given that hardware and Windows can be ruled out, I believe that we can safely conclude that there is an issue in the MP2 video player and/or the graph build process.

Users who are viewing this thread