4TheRecord Skin - Who owns development/bugs? (1 Viewer)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You get the time displayed in the top left corner of the tv guide? I don't. just an empty box.

Same here, I looked in the streamedMP developer thread in the forum and some others noticed the bug. The 4TR XML creator posted that he knew why but didnt know how to fix it or something. I tried contacting him but no joy. Could you try PM him too? :D

fillerguy

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Milton, ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
You get the time displayed in the top left corner of the tv guide? I don't. just an empty box.
I have an empty box too...but you have the timeline in the TVGuide so that is no prob for me.

I'm sure most would prefer a clock instead of guesstimating the time. I find it annoying to have to cancel out of the guide, bring up the OSD to see what the time is. :)

wkwapil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2008
    192.168.x.x
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you try replicating the issue on your system? What I do is goto the guide and start watching any channel, then go back to the TV menu while the TV is playing (in the small window) and select search guide. Search for a show that is coming up sometime soon, select that show and it tells me all the times it has found it. When I select a specific show the little TV window showing live TV goes black, but the sound continues to play. All the menus freeze and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL (which shows MP as not responding) to quit MP.
    have replicated this step by step and...
    nope - no freeze, always LiveTV in the little window - it's ok :sorry:

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    sry, yeap :)
    I'm using the latest MP-SVN and the newest 4TR
    - mediaportal-svn-02-15-2009--12-22-Rev21720
    - ForTheRecord 1.3.3.2
    - For The Record SVN21720

Thanks for that, maybe its my versions then. I am using MP 1.0 and FTR 1.3.3.2 but I am reluctant to install SVN releases as everything else is working perfectly. I think I will wait for 1.0.1 as it is not a big problem ;)

wkwapil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2008
    192.168.x.x
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well, if I'm right the new skins reference all to the new SVN's. I'm not sure but I mean sometimes ID's have changed and so on.
    Why don't you give it a chance
    a) make an image backup of your boot-Partition
    b) install the newest SVN
    and when you don't like to backup your system-partition....never mind because the SVN-Installer makes a backup for you if you don't change the standard-installer-options

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    OK, so I intalled the SVN and lates FTR + SVN "patch" and it all works perfectly now! Thanks for the help its much appreciated :)

Now if only I could get the time in the guide ... ;)

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Am i the only one who thinks that the choice of font color and background is not so good ?
    here you can see that the "tv-epg" button is hardly readable and
    here you can see that it's hard to read the recorded programs.

if that black overlay would be over the full screen and not 2/3 of it ...

Thanks
    Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom