[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (3 Viewers)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Any chance of getting MP Extensions Manager for x64 working so we can test plugins, or can we just drop them in from the respective folders in the x86 MP install?
    Please be patient.
    We try to do our best but, it can take time... ;)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Please be patient.
    We try to do our best but, it can take time... ;)
    I'm not trying to rush folks, I just saw in previous posts that some of the x86 plugins are working in MP x64 and would like to help test.
    I appreciate the work you folks do in maintaining and advancing MP.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm not trying to rush folks, I just saw in previous posts that some of the x86 plugins are working in MP x64 and would like to help test.
    I appreciate the work you folks do in maintaining and advancing MP.
    IMHO, good and right way is not to use a potential MP 64 bits with 32 bits plugins but use MP 32 and MP 64 bits with 32/64 bits plugins. ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    With the simultaneous installation of two versions is still a problem, it has not been solved, so manual copying is still the easiest and most correct way.
    Many plugins are universal and work on both versions, x86 plugins do not work on x64 version, we are trying to solve this.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    When plugins for x64 become available will they be noted in this area or in the plugin section?
    Only under the x64 will not be, we will build with AnuCPU support i.e. universal and working in x86 and x64. Announcement here may or may not ... It's hard to say, I updated all my plugins and wrote about it in their changelog.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many plugins are universal and work on both versions, x86 plugins do not work on x64 version, we are trying to solve this.

Given that for example the Online Videos plugin is working with both the x86 and the x64 versions of MP2 has some of the work already been done?

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Given that for example the Online Videos plugin is working with both the x86 and the x64 versions of MP2 has some of the work already been done?
    Online Videos is partially AnyCPU. Site util libraries are compatible for both x86 and x64 (for MP2) but main library(OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll) is x86.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Online Videos is partially AnyCPU. Site util libraries are compatible for both x86 and x64 (for MP2) but main library(OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll) is x86.
    So I guess with MP 2 having duel installs it can still use the Online Videos x86 main library and and the x86 MPUrlSourceSplitter?

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    So I guess with MP 2 having duel installs it can still use the Online Videos x86 main library and and the x86 MPUrlSourceSplitter?
    MPUrlSourceSplitter is x86 only. So if I'm not mistaken, OnlineVides probably does not work in MP2 x64 client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom