About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Did you also try out the different menu layouts inside MediaPortal: Pluins; XFactor Skin Configuration

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Yep, I don't mind the Aeon one, I'm using that now with StreamedMP. Though I prefer it a bit transparent.

I'm working on modifying the basichome now, I think I am close to getting it to something I'll be happy with. I just might have to make some menu images and such.

Is the Basichome generator meant to go back to defaults even though I clicked save? I'm using the new patched one that was posted a few pages back?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Is the Basichome generator meant to go back to defaults even though I clicked save? I'm using the new patched one that was posted a few pages back?

It should load your previously saved version.

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    About the 3rd time now I've gone to refine a setting only to find it's gone back to its default.

I think it happens when I go into the settings and change the menu over to the Aeon look?

Dibujor

Portal Member
    January 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    About the 3rd time now I've gone to refine a setting only to find it's gone back to its default.

I think it happens when I go into the settings and change the menu over to the Aeon look?

That happened to me everytime I touched anything in the X-Factor Settings in Mediaportal. When going back to home the screen you find all in 'normal' home. That patch you mentioned didn't work for me either....

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    I discovered that if I click "Create new BasicHome" and THEN "Save" it will remember it next time I load it. Else wise it won't.

Anyway, I have it looking acceptable now, I actually edited all of the PNG images visible on basic home and made them transparent.

There is one small annoyance I have with the Aeon bar. When it first loads, the far left side menu text is not evenly spaced out correctly. However if I scroll left or right it then corrects the spacing.

EDIT: I've attached pictures and my basichome.xml. Hope someone here can tell me why I have this spacing issue?

Something to do in between module 2 and 3 it is.

Attachments

• nospace.jpg
      nospace.jpg
      222.2 KB
    • space.jpg
      space.jpg
      328.9 KB
    • BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    will this not get fanart from moving pictures since it saves them as png?

Antuan_7

December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi all,

I have installed this skin, and when run MP, the videos menu does't work. Is it necessary to enable the moving pictures plugin? If it is, how can I export the videos database to moving pictures database?

Regards

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi all,

I have installed this skin, and when run MP, the videos menu does't work. Is it necessary to enable the moving pictures plugin? If it is, how can I export the videos database to moving pictures database?

Regards

XFactor is by default linked to MovingPictures, yes. The plugin is very easy to setup, just select your data scraper (unless you want the English default) and the add your video folders and let it import. Moving Pictures does not have an import for MP videos db. Me, I use Moving Pictures for feature films, and My Videos for home videos, so I use both without any issues.

Emph

Antuan_7

December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thankyou for the answer.
    How can I link Xfactor with MP videos?. I have more than 100 films imported in MP Videos and don't want to re-import in moving pictures again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom