Add http streaming (1 Viewer)

Arnax

Portal Member
January 26, 2011
Hi.
I hope that future native TV server will offer http streaming which would, for sure, help for live TV over DLNA.

John Calcote

August 16, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal 1 and 2 look great - and everyone raves about the feature set. I'd love to use either of them, but with all the smart devices on the market today - smart blu-ray players, smart TV's, roku devices, etc, etc - it makes no sense to connect a PC to every TV where I want access to my media library. I can't take MediaPortal (either version) seriously until it supports UPNP and/or DLNA so that every TV in my house already has access to the media served up by the MP server sitting on my media PC on my work room.

Oh - and one more thing - when you get around to adding DLNA support, don't forget on-the-fly transcoding so that these "smart" (stupid) devices can play my MP4 files - most of them will only play MPEGv2 video with AC3 audio wrapped in a very few container formats (WTV, TS, etc).

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Couldn't agree more.
Already asked for UPNP/DLNA support a while ago
Bye,
sdf

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
yes, saw that, but the development seems stopped and lacks the most important thing (imho):live tv.
There is plenty of upnp MEDIA servers, but, as far as i know, only dvbviewer serves live tv.
bye,
sdf

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I already wrote a upnp +satip server for tve3.5 :)
    It is sleeping on my hdd atm. Further development is planned ;)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And it is alreaey working by the way [emoji14]

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 IPTV in New Zealand DE
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    I would love to get IPTV working on my Mediaportal. I have the TV server and three clients working great, but a recent power supply...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom