Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

mo418

Portal Member
March 13, 2014
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I'm using Mediaportal 1.22 TV Server in combination with Kodi. I'm able to add TV channels and grab EPG using mc2xml.exe software and zap2it source.

I newly am interested in adding local radio channels. I added an antenna and was able to scan some. Now I'm looking to make them show in the "radio" section of Kodi (or worst case in the TV Guide itself)

I've tried lot of stuff. I just don't see :

1 - How to map xml data to radio epg and tv at the same time (guess I would need a complete xml data grabber, for tv and radio combined)
2 - If so, where to get this EPG data grabber for radio channels.

Thanks in advance!

1598390690763.png

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I newly am interested in adding local radio channels. I added an antenna and was able to scan some.
    In the UK, our DVB-T/T2 terrestrial and DVB-S/S2 satellite television broadcasts include both TV channels and radio channels. MP can receive these radio channels without problem. The EPG for the TV and radio channels is included in the broadcast signals. Styles vary, but MP chooses to display the TV and radio info in separate EPGs (WMC took the other choice, and displayed the radio EPG at the end of the TV EPG).

As far as I know, MP is not able to handle VHF/FM radio channels, or DAB/DAB+ radio channels. If you have a tuner card that can receive VHF/FM or DAB/DAB+ (they are not common, but one or two do exist), you will need to use the software that was provided with the tuner. You will not be able to integrate those radio stations into MP.

Looking at your screen shot, the frequencies seem to range from 88300000 to 10750000, which is 88.3 MHz to 107.5 MHz. So I would conclude that you have a VHF/FM tuner, and so will not be able to integrate control of that tuner into MP. :(

It may be that Kodi can use VHF/FM tuners, but I have never used Kodi, so you probably need to ask on the Kodi forum whether this is possible.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mo418

Portal Member
    March 13, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK, thanks for the information. So I guess I need digital radio signals.

I've tried to "hack" the xml file, creating a fake channel manually and mapping it to the radio channel found in the MP tv server. Didn't work. It does not show up in the GUI.

For the moment, my workaround is using a "TuneIn addon" for Kodi directly. Just wish I could import FM channels directly into MP/Kodi. Thought that the radio channels section was for that.

Thanks again for the support. If I ever find a way, I'll report back.

Regards

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've tried to "hack" the xml file said:
    @mo418 Do you use the mysql database? I have a powershell script that I use for adding ONE analog radio program a week so I can record a program unattended. You may be able to get some ideas from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom