robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hey guys,
    Sorry to bump but does anyone know an answer to my previous post - how to link the HDStarter app, the one that transparently launches PowerDVD to play Blu-ray discs, from the home menu with the Aeon generator?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Simon

First generate a menu basichome.xml (or whatever) with a voice named for instance hdplayer and linked to myvideo.

Launch Mediaportal Setup, go to the plugin section and configure hd starter. Inside you will find the ID to link to. Then go to basichome.xml. If your menu voice is named for instance hdplayer you fill find varius sections like hdplayer0, hdplayer1 and so on. Inside some of this section there is the hyperlink tag. Substitute what's inside this tag with the ID you found in the hd starter configuration window and all should work (at least it works for me).

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It is working great!

I have now also included Weather and RSS Feed to my basichome with your rss/weather plug-in.
    Works sort of. Which size should I make the rss image in to make it fill out the whole dedicated space?

The weather symbols are way too big for me. The sun for example are so big that it covers the weather information.
    Should I do something with the weather symbols?

On my setup it uses the default weather icons provided by MediaPortal which are 128x128. If you are using this skin with a resolution of 1366x768 or higher it should look fine with the 128x128 images. If your images are bigger or if you are using this skin with a lower resolution either change the images or add the dimensions to the image definition in the skin file. Find the image with texture #weatherimg and add <width>128</width><height>128</height>. If you specify the image dimensions MP will scale them for you.

Sillycrap101

Portal Member
    February 28, 2007
    I've used the tool to simply add:

TVSeries
    MyVideos
    MyWeather (Didn't want to add a 3rd but had to)

My question is why whenever I move the mouse on the screen does the background go blank (gray)???
    As soon as I move left or right on the keyboard/remote the background picture comes back.

Also sometimes it will get into a flashing fit and the whole mediaportal display will flash wildly.

Thanks

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    On my setup it uses the default weather icons provided by MediaPortal which are 128x128. If you are using this skin with a resolution of 1366x768 or higher it should look fine with the 128x128 images. If your images are bigger or if you are using this skin with a lower resolution either change the images or add the dimensions to the image definition in the skin file. Find the image with texture #weatherimg and add <width>128</width><height>128</height>. If you specify the image dimensions MP will scale them for you.

I suspected this. I made a quick look in the xml and noticed that there were no image dimensions.
    I will try the size tags and hopefully it will work. Since most things are scaling to correct aspect ratio I guess this also should do.

I also assume it is in the <description>Weather image</description> section?

Could the size tag possibly be added to the menu generator without giving problems for people with the correct screen resolution?

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ...My question is why whenever I move the mouse on the screen does the background go blank (gray)???
    As soon as I move left or right on the keyboard/remote the background picture comes back. ...

Unfortunately this is a side effect of the way the menu is set up. I haven't found a way to fix this (yet).

@Johan
    I don't know why the dimensions didn't get in there in the first place. I'll get them into the menu generator with the next release.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ...My question is why whenever I move the mouse on the screen does the background go blank (gray)???
    As soon as I move left or right on the keyboard/remote the background picture comes back. ...

Unfortunately this is a side effect of the way the menu is set up. I haven't found a way to fix this (yet).

I have 2 fixes, one that works and one that works partially:

1) If you change the default background, you will get your favorite fanart instead of a dull grey image(that was the partiall fix)

2) DONT USE A MOUSE :) MP is meant to be browsed on a HTPC, with a remote. Some people even use this program as a substitute for winamp on their PC, but it is not made for that, and things will be more buggy/less convenient.

Avigrace

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I have a custom basichome screen with this generator, very nifty tool!

However, whenever I goto the basic home screen there is a blank spot on the very left of the menu, I have to scroll left or right once for the menu items to fit in place fully.

Does everyone get this or is it just me?

Sutekh

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Home Country
    First generate a menu basichome.xml (or whatever) with a voice named for instance hdplayer and linked to myvideo.

Launch Mediaportal Setup, go to the plugin section and configure hd starter. Inside you will find the ID to link to. Then go to basichome.xml. If your menu voice is named for instance hdplayer you fill find varius sections like hdplayer0, hdplayer1 and so on. Inside some of this section there is the hyperlink tag. Substitute what's inside this tag with the ID you found in the hd starter configuration window and all should work (at least it works for me).

Thanks so much, that worked a treat!!!

JockeGbg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can't generate the menu, I'm only getting a error message.

I think it is because the path to my Aeon-folder is different than the menu editor want it to be???

My installation path is NOT C:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\skin\Aeon wide

How can I make the program generate a file into my installation folder?

[EDIT] Problem solved! I had to run the program "as administrator" in Vista! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom