Aeon Menu Generator (1 Viewer)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks I found it and it works! Now I've added a button for the BluRay/HD-DVD launcher plugin (launches PowerDVD 7) but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what I need to put for the <hyperlink> element. Any tips?

Yes, there was another previous post about this too. In the Config for the HDLauncher plugin, there will be an ID field with a four or five digit number in it. Put that in the hyperlink field in the XML. All works great for me here.
That's precisely what I did, and used global search & replace to ensure I covered all my bases in basichome.xml. Still no luck :(

quanfer

Portal Member
December 13, 2007
Hi, quick problem here..

I am able to use the generator to remove items from my default menu. However, if I try to add a menu (i tried movingpictures, then tried my plugins after removing it), when I load mediaportal, the home bar doesn't load at all. All I see is my AEON settings backdrop, and I'm unable to control mediaportal at all. I just reverted back to the default basichome. thanks for any help.

Edit: Nevermind, problem solved.

Sambal

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
jburnette : any news about a generator for the Titanium skin?

Darre provided me with an overview of changes between Aeon and Titanium BasicHome. I'm looking into incorporating this in the existing menu generator or making a mod. If jburnette already has this covered please let me know, saves me time :)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I don't think he is.. He's busy fixing the musicvideo plugin =) I haven't sent him any info regarding my changes either.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks I found it and it works! Now I've added a button for the BluRay/HD-DVD launcher plugin (launches PowerDVD 7) but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what I need to put for the <hyperlink> element. Any tips?

Yes, there was another previous post about this too. In the Config for the HDLauncher plugin, there will be an ID field with a four or five digit number in it. Put that in the hyperlink field in the XML. All works great for me here.
That's precisely what I did, and used global search & replace to ensure I covered all my bases in basichome.xml. Still no luck :(

FYI for anyone else wanting to add a button for the BluRay/HD-DVD HD_Starter plug-in to their home menu. First generate the additional button using the menu generator. Then in the HD_Starter plug-in's configuration, make sure it's set to "In home" and not "In plug-ins", and note down the plug-in ID by choosing configure. Now open up basichome.xml and change the <hyperlink> value for all occurrences of the new button added by the menu generator and put in the plug-in ID for the HD_Starter plug-in.

Sparrismanne

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

When i add new items in an existing menu and then generates it i get no menu at all when i start my Mediaportal. I´ve just some backgrounds. I can here that the menu is in the background and i can get to the plugins and stuff but i can´t see the menu.

What am i doing wrong cus clearly i´m doing something thats not right. Pleas help me.

I´m trying to add radiotime och movingpictures to basichome!!

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Post your generated Basichome.xml so we can take a look at it. Also, post your MediaPortal.log in case there are any errors being thrown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom