Aeon Menu Generator (2 Viewers)

bkam

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am using Titanium skin , when i use the generator its loads upp my default basic home ,i deleted a few item from his and added Movieng Picture and pointed it to a folder where is should get my fanart but when i start it the only thing i see is the fanart from moving picture folder nothing more.my meny is behind the fanart becouse i can starta diffrent things with my remote. Any one have any ide what i am doing wrong?

nemrod95

Portal Member
March 27, 2007
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I've the same problem. AMG seems doesn't work correctly with titanium skin. Mattsk88, can you help us to resolve this ? Thanks you in advance

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Its called AEON menu generator because it generates menus for aeon.. Not any other skin yet afaik.

Blaizer

June 6, 2008
I absolutely adore this little program, the only thing I keep on getting after generating over and over again is that the menu isn't really what it should be on startup of MP and if I get back to the basichome. (basically when the basichome.xml needs to be loaded.)

I'll show you with prtscreens:

printscreen.jpg shows my problem (news is way too far to the right)
printscreen2.jpg shows how it should be. (this is a printscreen after scrolling through the menu.)

Anyone who can help me? (I hope I don't ask a question that has been asked here before :))

Attachments

• printscreen.JPG
    printscreen.JPG
    241.5 KB
  • printscreen2.JPG
    printscreen2.JPG
    244.9 KB

Avigrace

Portal Pro
December 13, 2005
Home Country
England England
I absolutely adore this little program, the only thing I keep on getting after generating over and over again is that the menu isn't really what it should be on startup of MP and if I get back to the basichome. (basically when the basichome.xml needs to be loaded.)

I'll show you with prtscreens:

printscreen.jpg shows my problem (news is way too far to the right)
printscreen2.jpg shows how it should be. (this is a printscreen after scrolling through the menu.)

Anyone who can help me? (I hope I don't ask a question that has been asked here before :))

I have had this issue until today, I downloaded the Aeon 1.1 and then used the menu editor to edit that basichome. Now it displays just fine :)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I used the menu generator to add a button for the BluRay/HD-DVD plugin to my BasicHome. A couple of comments/questions:
1) It would be really great if the tool could just load the current list of items from the selected window. I only wanted to add one item and had to re-create the entire menu of items for BasicHome (movies, tv, plugins, settings, music, radio, weather, etc.).

2) After it generated my basichome.xml, MediaPortal couldn't load it (parse error). This is because I used the following string for my new menu item: "BD & HD-DVD". The '&' character was not correctly escaped in the generated XML and thus the parse error. This is a BUG: certain characters should be escaped during XML generation to avoid parse errors:
& -> &
' -> '
" -> "
> -> >
< -> &lt;

3) Now that I have a generated basichome.xml, none of the buttons do anything. How do I make the buttons work, which IDs should I use? Again, if the tool would load in the original basichome.xml then this wouldn't be a problem. In addition, it should allow the user to specify the ID for any newly added buttons.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
1) It would be really great if the tool could just load the current list of items from the selected window.

It does now. Go back through this thread a page or two, a newer version is available that can load an existing file.

Thanks I found it and it works! Now I've added a button for the BluRay/HD-DVD launcher plugin (launches PowerDVD 7) but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what I need to put for the <hyperlink> element. Any tips?

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Thanks I found it and it works! Now I've added a button for the BluRay/HD-DVD launcher plugin (launches PowerDVD 7) but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what I need to put for the <hyperlink> element. Any tips?

Yes, there was another previous post about this too. In the Config for the HDLauncher plugin, there will be an ID field with a four or five digit number in it. Put that in the hyperlink field in the XML. All works great for me here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom