After restart TV stops playing after first attempt ... (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

I have a unit which some strange behaviour: After each restart the TV stopps immediatly at the first time. Starting it again and it will run as expected ...

Thx for looking at this!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, nothing stands out...

Does the problem still happen if:
    1. You wait awhile before attempting to start TV.
    2. Plugins are disabled.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    <off-topic>
    Can I also ask you about your setup?
    Log files are saying you're using an "EyeTV Sat Digital Tuner". Is that really an EyeTV Sat that you're using, or are you using the Elgato driver with some other tuner?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    - Will try with plugins disabled - what makws me wonder why this is only happening after restart and on only for the first time ...

- it is an Eyte TV Tuner. Usied with teh last reportet Elgato driver (don't have the number now but it's not the last version)

the only thin I have seen in the log that the stream stops for whatever reason around 08:22.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So - here we go:

Elgato Driver - the last one functioning as far I know:
    upload_2015-9-10_14-5-45.png

Testing the issue with the watchdog option it seems to work - now it is a handjob to try out which plugin / Skin is causing this issue ...

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for the update. :)
    The information you've shared has helped me to improve TVE 3.5.
    Small Update: My old man did an Update to Windows 10 - with teh old driver windows dies with an kernal error as soon as you access any service using the card (DVBViewer or Mediaportal). When you update to teh last one found via Windows update it is not dying but also not finding any Signal ...

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry - took some time. Hopefully you cann see something. The driver used with Windows 7 results in a Kernal error. The updeted one (Windows Update) finds no channels.

Attachments

• SetupTv-Error.zip
      5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Normally the EyeTV Sat [with CI - not the "free" one] uses a PBDA driver (special - compared to regular BDA, uses copy protection). With the removal of WMC in W10, I would not be surprised if the driver function has been affected.

First, can you please ensure TV Server log level is set to debug.

Then for the Windows Update driver: try to scan one frequency (cancel scanning after the first one), then provide the full TV service log. I need to see the tuner loading part.

Then for the W7-driver-on-W10: can you please try to get a TV service log showing the kernel error. I want to see when the error occurs (during tuner loading, during tuning etc.). After that, please try the patch from -->here<-- and also post the TV service log file.

So to be clear, I am asking for 3 debug level TV service log files:
    1. Windows Update driver showing tuner loading.
    2. W7 driver without patch showing kernel error.
    3. W7 driver with patch showing whatever happens (either success or fail).

Users who are viewing this thread