After restart TV stops playing after first attempt ... (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Have double cheked this - it's set to "Debug" in the tvserver setup ...

Unfortunatly the user was not very pationet and has reverted to Win7 ... so no idea if or when he will push back the win10 clone (at least he has one to reproduce the issue).

For the Logs provided - these are created as you have requested - the card without patch and trying to tune. So it seems the tuner is not loading at all?

With the windows 7 driver the machine would not even boot up - you have to remove teh card first. When you reconnect it the machine stays alive (and teh card showing at teh Device manager) but as soon a program (MP or DVBViwer) tries to access it the machien crashes - therfore I would suspect MP not faulty but teh driver totally incompatible with windows 10.

We have tried the patch before but teh result was teh saem - no challe tuning - unfortunatly from this there are no logs availible ... If there is a chance to get these logs i will post them ...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have double cheked this - it's set to "Debug" in the tvserver setup ...
    Ahh, you're right - there's only one "debug" entry in the log file that you provided, and I missed it. Just wanted to make sure. :)

Unfortunatly the user was not very pationet and has reverted to Win7 ... so no idea if or when he will push back the win10 clone (at least he has one to reproduce the issue).
    Okay. I will be here and ready! :D

For the Logs provided - these are created as you have requested - the card without patch and trying to tune. So it seems the tuner is not loading at all?
    The TV service log file that your provided is "cut off". Loading was done successfully, but it was done before the start of the log file so I cannot see it. That's why I asked for a new log.

With the windows 7 driver the machine would not even boot up...
    Ahhh, very interesting.

...but as soon a program (MP or DVBViwer) tries to access it the machien crashes
    TV Server should detect the tuner as soon as Windows detects it (ie. when it is plugged in).

So, does the machine crash as soon as the tuner is plugged in? ...or what do you mean by "access"?

I suspect "access" might mean "load", and that's why I asked for the loading log files.

In general you might be right. If you get a kernel error during boot then the driver must surely be incompatible with W10... unless that error is triggered by TV Server attempting to preload the tuner.

We have tried the patch before but teh result was teh saem - no challe tuning - unfortunatly from this there are no logs availible ... If there is a chance to get these logs i will post them ...
    Yes, the log files are the part that I wanted to see. Hopefully you will have a chance to grab them in future.

Thanks for all the info. It's a very interesting problem/situation for me. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh, one more thing - I wonder if the used edition of W10 was an N or KN edition. That may also make a difference. If it was, next time you could try installing the Media Pack.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Oh, one more thing - I wonder if the used edition of W10 was an N or KN edition. That may also make a difference. If it was, next time you could try installing the Media Pack.
    no - was a windows 10

I have also checked some older posts about this - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/kein-signal-mit-eyetv-sat.97833/page-2
    Wir unterhalten uns doch über EyeTv Sat (mit CI) oder ?
    Meine TreiberVer die läuft ist 1.12.0.65 vom 15.11.2011.

Ja, es geht um die Variante mit CI.
    Die Treiberversion findest Du auch im Supportbereich von Elgato unter "Ältere Versionen" (ist aber der gleiche Link). Warum der Treiber bei Dir nicht funktioniert, das kann ich leider nicht beurteilen, bei mir funktioniert er, mittlerweile im zweiten PC, jeweils unter Win764...
    Alle neueren Treiber hingegen funktionieren nicht...

Die Free habe ich nie besessen, aber meine mal gelesen zu haben, dass auch diese mit dem älteren Treiber (1.06.00.42) in MediaPortal funktionieren soll!

Grüße
    Smirk

From there it seems to me as if teh last privided driver (1.12.0.65) is ruinning in the "no signal" issue - the solution there was to use the older one (as done before) which worked fine with windows 7.

Anyway - until my old man is willing to play back the clone not much to test here ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    no - was a windows 10
    Okay. :)

I have also checked some older posts about this...
    Hmmm. Providing support and finding compatible drivers for Elgato tuners is actually very confusing.

For the EyeTV Sat...

The latest driver available from the Elgato website - 1.12.00.65 - is a PBDA driver, and is definitely not compatible with TVE 3. It might not even be compatible with W10 (due to removal of WMC). The driver may be compatible with TVE 3.5 in future, but for now you definitely can't use it.

So which driver can you use?

Elgato don't seem to provide links to their older drivers on their website. However you can direct-download one of them (1.00.06.401) here:
    http://dl.elgato.com/windows/drivers/sat/EyeTV_Sat_10006401.exe

Based on the feedback in the other thread and your earlier feedback in this thread I'd expect that one to work with TVE 3 on XP, Vista, 7 and 8. For W10 I don't know.

It may also be possible to use drivers from other vendors. TV Server thinks both the EyeTV Sat and EyeTV Sat Free tuners support the Twinhan/Azurewave proprietary interface for DiSEqC, LNB settings, and DVB-S2 tuning. That same interface is used by TerraTec. That's why I'm not really surprised that Elgato are providing the TerraTec Home Cinema software for people to use on Windows. Even in the thread that you linked somebody was saying that it was possible to use the TerraTec S7 driver with the EyeTV Sat:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/kein-signal-mit-eyetv-sat.97833/#post-761091

So, based on that evidence I think the EyeTV Sat is likely to be a TerraTec S7 clone... or maybe based on the same reference design. The old TechniSat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI and other Twinhan tuners (AzureWave AD-SB300, Twinhan VP-7050) are also similar in features and driver. Some or all of the drivers for those tuners may be compatible (perhaps with small modifications to the inf file).

However, when trying drivers from different vendors you have to be very careful. There are at least 2 and up to 4 different revisions of the TerraTec S7, and also at least 2 different revisions of the TechniSat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI. The drivers for the latest revision of the S7 (v4) are not compatible with the older revision (v3???), and vice versa.

The situation with the EyeTV Sat Free is different (!!!). The Elgato-provided drivers should work, but the patch from here is required:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tbs-5990-q-box-s2-hdtv-kein-signal.126540/#post-1087782

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hurray _ some logs ...

The Bluescreen occuring using eyeTV driver 1.00.06.401 is only showing this Info:
    ekb_1.PNG

When using the updated driver 1.12.0.65 there is no signal - patched or unpachted (Logs TVServer_unpatched & TVServer_patched)

When using the Terratec Driver (http://terratec.ultron.info/Receive..._S7_Drv_Setup_1.00.07.601_Windows_8_64Bit.exe) the machine dies as soon as you do a scan ... (bluescreen is with 1.00.07.601_Windows_8_64Bit.exe; bluescreen2 is with 1.00.07.601_XP_Vista_7_8_64Bit.exe)

So - not much luck with windows 10 :cool:

Attachments

• TVServer_unpatched.zip
      15.1 KB
    • TvServer_patch.zip
      16.3 KB
    • TerrTec Driver_BlueScreen.zip
      17.6 KB
    • TerrTec Driver_BlueScreen2.zip
      17.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The Bluescreen occuring using eyeTV driver 1.00.06.401 is only showing this Info:
    That's a BSOD in the USB controller driver rather than the tuner driver. Perhaps you could try changing the USB controller driver, or connecting the tuner to a different port (which is backed by a different controller)...

When using the updated driver 1.12.0.65 there is no signal - patched or unpachted (Logs TVServer_unpatched & TVServer_patched)
    Yeah, as I mentioned in my previous post: this is expected. That driver is a PBDA one. The difference (compared with a standard BDA one) is copy protection (DRM) and other interfaces. TV Server doesn't really support PBDA. Still, the patched log files gave me some useful information.

Unfortunately nothing is shown in the log files. The tuner is detected, but no attempts to load etc.

So - not much luck with windows 10 :cool:
    :(

Based on the information you provided, it seems like the best chance to get the tuner working with W10 is either:
    1. Solving the BSOD with driver 1.00.06.401 by changing the USB controller driver or using a different USB port, OR...
    2. Making driver 1.12.0.65 work.
    I can't do anything about the first point, but I can try to look at the second point. For that, I'll try to provide a new patch which gathers more information about the tuner. Please check back later - it will take some time to prepare.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, here's the promised patch. Installation (replace DLL) and test (try to scan) instructions are the same as the previous patch. Make sure you have a backup of the original TVLibrary.dll.

To be clear: currently I don't expect this DLL to make the tuner work (it might, but it's unlikely). I'm gathering information to figure out if/how it is possible to make the tuner work with the latest official driver.

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.12_EyeTV_debug_Twinhan_disabled].zip
      211.3 KB

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Here you go :)

Attachments

• Test 2.zip
      37.5 KB
    • Test 1.zip
      28.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the testing. Unfortunately it looks like my patch had some bugs which prevented proper function. :oops: :(
    Sorry about that. Version 2 is attached. Can we please try again?

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.12_EyeTV_debug_Twinhan_disabled_v2].zip
      211.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread