aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi I've got a problem. Since I updated ampdroid to 1.01 I can't see/access my tv series. Is this a bug? Do others have the same problem?

No problem here with the 1.0.1 update.

loc

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Gold Coast
Home Country
Australia Australia
Also: is it in any way possible to make aMPdroid services available outside my own network? I have a dedicated PC running Mediaportal and everything, but all my files are on a server. This server is available to the internet. I'm asking since I would really like to be able to start playing a video at home, and continue watching it when I leave the house (and thus the network).

mate all you need to do is setup port forwarding on your router and firewall.

Why is there no 'Stop' button in the remote control/currently playing screen? The only way I can really stop a video is by going to the Remote Control, opening the keyboard and pressing the 'B' key. Also, in the currently playing screen, the only keys are rewind/pause/forward. No stop button.

To stop a show long press the pause button.

Cheers

ferzal

Portal Member
December 5, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Also: is it in any way possible to make aMPdroid services available outside my own network? I have a dedicated PC running Mediaportal and everything, but all my files are on a server. This server is available to the internet. I'm asking since I would really like to be able to start playing a video at home, and continue watching it when I leave the house (and thus the network).

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking there. It sounds like you're saying MP is one machine and all of your media is on another (the server)? If that's the case then it will depend on how you've set it up. You'll need UNC paths (or perhaps run MPextended under the appropriate user account if they're mapped drives). Then you'll need to ensure both machines are powered on and the Internet access is available to the MediaPortal machine (files will stream locally to that machine then out to the net). Then the process is normal for remote access:

1. You'll need to forward port 4322 to the MPextended machine only. I think only TCP is required but I could be wrong so do UDP as well.

2. Then you'll need to set another client in ampdroid manually - hitting the advanced button (call it "Remote" or something). Put in anything for the wifi remote section as you obviously won't be using that. Then add your Internet IP (or domain) for the following 2 sections with user and pass.

edit: I've just seen loc has a video above on portforwarding and setting it up. Not sure why you'd run the wifi remotely but if you want to he shows you how. Also... change the default admin/admin account when exposed to the net. ;)

loc

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Gold Coast
Home Country
Australia Australia
edit: I've just seen loc has a video above on portforwarding and setting it up. Not sure why you'd run the wifi remotely but if you want to he shows you how. Also... change the default admin/admin account when exposed to the net. ;)

LOL. good call about running the remote externally! I was running it in front of MediaPortal and didn't even think of it other than wow this is cool LOL!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok. Can someone please post version 1.0.0 so I can verify if the problem lies with the update.

I got it fixed in a strange way. I installed ampdroid on my wife's phone. There it worked. Then I tried again on my own phone and all of a sudden, it worked also. So I don't know how, but it workes!

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got it working guys, thanks! This is great!
    However, one more question: Are you guys having the language reset as well? To reproduce, just set the language to something other than 'System Language' (which is Dutch on mine, I changed the setting to English). Then kill the app and open it again. It's probably still in the original setting. Going in and out of the settings screen (1 sec, going in language select dialog isnt even necessary) fixes it again.

Also, what exactly are the differences between the FFmpeg and VLC profiles? Which is considered 'best', or 'faster'? It must be a compatibility thing that you can choose between the two, but what is the difference?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom