aMPdroid 1.0 - Preview Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordarcane

Portal Pro
November 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a small question.. Is it the start timeshift, play locally i have to do to play the tvstream. Or do i start the tv from somewhere else? I ask beacause i cannot get that to work for te moment...

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a small question.. Is it the start timeshift, play locally i have to do to play the tvstream. Or do i start the tv from somewhere else? I ask beacause i cannot get that to work for te moment...

Go to either the EPG or Channels section. Press and hold on a channel until a menu appears. One of the options is Stream.

Hope this helps,

Wo0zy

lordarcane

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yep! That helped and worked. :) Though, i had to configure a new chanel group with only a couple of channels. Otherwise ampdroid crashed when i chose view channels. But streaming with vplayer works flawlessly!

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yow Diebagger,

It's been a while since visiting this thread. Been busy busy busy. Well, coz. the wife and daughter both were out of the house today i finally found some time to try the new remote.

However...it is very frustrating to experience the following: i hav installed MPExtended, un-installed GMAservices and tried to connect. It could not connect. I then disabled my windows 7 firewall and it works fine! (Even HQ streaming to my SGS-II workx like a charm). But..... i;ve read the threads of MPExtended also, and people are talking about opening/portforwarding port 4322 for MPExetended. I see in the firewall 3 lines with MPExtended stuff, but the ports to use are set to "random/any" .. .
    Isn't MPextended supposed to set the ports for windows firewall correctly? How do i open/forward the correct port(s) for MPEx in windows 7 firewall?

madvario

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Northern Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: aMPdroid 1.0 - Preview Release

It's just a question of money. got a budget of around 250€ from my wife and the constilation of my system, i thougt about, is:
    Intel core i3 2120 boxed
    ASRock H67M B3
    32GB Patriot Torqx 2
    Data-Drives 2*2TB Samsung (from old server)
    Record & Timeshift 500GB WD 7200rpm (from old server)
    Digital devices dual SAT HD Receiver (from old server)

changing my systemdrive is because my old systemdrive is an 80GB SATA Notebook hdd and it is not the fastest.
    My Server is allways in standby and wakes up by WOL if a client starts or I need the HMI (wake up per USB from Touchscreen).

upgrading cpu in the future is then even easier cause i don't need a new motherboard (i hope so)

thanks a lot for your help.:D

Just ordered new hardware for my server

core i5-2400s
    ASRock H61DE/S3
    8GB Ram
    32GB Patriot Torqx 2
    other hardware from old server as written ^^ before.

Portal Pro
    June 25, 2009
    Bruxelles
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Everything seems to be working except when I attempt "Play on PC" from my tablet the application crashes instantly. The ampdroid 1.0 preview and alpha4 release you posted in another post both exhibit this behavior. This is on an Asus EeePad Transformer.

Attached is the Android log from the tablet. In it I attempted to play both a TV show from MyTVSeries and a movie from MovingPictures with the "Play on PC" function, both resulting in a crash.
    Hi,
    I've got exactly the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v (Android 3.0.1).
    Nevertheless, "Play on PC" works fine with music but ampdroid 1.0 alpha4 crashes when trying to pause or skip music track.
    Is there a fix possible/planned? Or did anyone find a workaround?

But it's a real pleasure to use the application to naviguate in music, movies & series DB and see what's currently playing on MP...

Thanks,

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Or maybe something anyways...:

The apk from the original post works fine on my motorola xoom, but it does FC on my Galaxy nexus constantly. I see that people are mentioning "alpha 4" all the time, but i dont see any "4" in the one i have. Is there a release i have missed? ;)

(oh, and both devices are running custom roms, so thats probaly not too good for consistant testing either ;) )

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Or maybe something anyways...:

The apk from the original post works fine on my motorola xoom, but it does FC on my Galaxy nexus constantly. I see that people are mentioning "alpha 4" all the time, but i dont see any "4" in the one i have. Is there a release i have missed? ;)

(oh, and both devices are running custom roms, so thats probaly not too good for consistant testing either ;) )

mate look here... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ampdroid-546/ampdroid-1-0-crash-all-channels-group-103982/

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yow Diebagger,

It's been a while since visiting this thread. Been busy busy busy. Well, coz. the wife and daughter both were out of the house today i finally found some time to try the new remote.

However...it is very frustrating to experience the following: i hav installed MPExtended, un-installed GMAservices and tried to connect. It could not connect. I then disabled my windows 7 firewall and it works fine! (Even HQ streaming to my SGS-II workx like a charm). But..... i;ve read the threads of MPExtended also, and people are talking about opening/portforwarding port 4322 for MPExetended. I see in the firewall 3 lines with MPExtended stuff, but the ports to use are set to "random/any" .. .
    Isn't MPextended supposed to set the ports for windows firewall correctly? How do i open/forward the correct port(s) for MPEx in windows 7 firewall?

I have this same issue. I'll try manually creating rules for port 4322, but I also was under the assumption it opened up the ports in the install. Thanks in advance for the hard work put into this great addition to MP.

UPDATE: I was able to solve this issue by opening up 4322 Manually. I missed this post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ampdroid-1-0-preview-release.103882/page-2#post-825070

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom