underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

Having been a user of aMPdroid which has been working successfully on previous version of aMPdroid and MPextended (4.3.0) for the past 6 months. Imagine my disappointment that the upgrade has not been successful, and I am now left without it working except only anything in 'Powermodes' only works, I am no longer able to remote the TV or play via streaming of recorded TV, as they have both stopped working.

I had the encountered the issue of installing MPextended (5.1), which I had to uninstall and remove the folder complelely, and had to reinstall with elevated privilege at the begining (as per other users who had this problem) and this seem to have solved the MPextended where all buttons now works, previously QRSCAN, logs, start/stop and troubleshooting were all appeared as blank or not working.

I enclosed a log, and I seem to see an error where there is a hard coded name of Oxan written in (I may be wrong here), which won't exist on my pc, so I'm sure sure if this is what's causing problem with streaming, as it happens when I attempt to do this.

So with regards to connection for remotes (TV) just says connection cannot be established, I'm baffled why it stopped working, I have tried all the troubleshooting in the WIKI, and they all work using both account. Bear in mind all this was working before, so I have not needed to change firewall rules, but aMPdroid does allow me to use 'Powermode' and see EPG, list of TV's live and recorded, but not play them.

Versions used:-
    AMPdroid V1.1
    MPextended V5.1 with WiFiremote downloaded automatically.

OS is Windows 7 64bit with Service Pack 1
    Android is Galaxy TAB 10.1 running ICS 4.0

So any help here would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Attachments

• mpextended09122012.zip
      37.9 KB
    Last edited:

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Many Thanks.
    Please make sure that you have the latest version of WifiRemote installed
    Hello,

Having been a user of aMPdroid which has been working successfully on previous version of aMPdroid and MPextended (4.3.0) for the past 6 months. Imagine my disappointment that the upgrade has not been successful, and I am now left without it working except only anything in 'Powermodes' only works, I am no longer able to remote the TV or play via streaming of recorded TV, as they have both stopped working.

I had the encountered the issue of installing MPextended (5.1), which I had to uninstall and remove the folder complelely, and had to reinstall with elevated privilege at the begining (as per other users who had this problem) and this seem to have solved the MPextended where all buttons now works, previously QRSCAN, logs, start/stop and troubleshooting were all appeared as blank or not working.

I enclosed a log, and I seem to see an error where there is a hard coded name of Oxan written in (I may be wrong here), which won't exist on my pc, so I'm sure sure if this is what's causing problem with streaming, as it happens when I attempt to do this.

So with regards to connection for remotes (TV) just says connection cannot be established, I'm baffled why it stopped working, I have tried all the troubleshooting in the WIKI, and they all work using both account. Bear in mind all this was working before, so I have not needed to change firewall rules, but aMPdroid does allow me to use 'Powermode' and see EPG, list of TV's live and recorded, but not play them.

Versions used:-
    AMPdroid V1.1
    MPextended V5.1 with WiFiremote downloaded automatically.

OS is Windows 7 64bit with Service Pack 1
    Android is Galaxy TAB 10.1 running ICS 4.0

Many Thanks.
    I contacted you via private message...

Slepy

Portal Member
    December 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    hello,
    mediaportal and ampdroid rules!
    I have few suggestions:
    1. on samsung galaxy note 10.1 android 4.04 doesnt work play on internal player.
    2. I use bestplayer to watch and I want to watch after exit with popup,but when I exit with popup ampdroid stops streaming.
    3. after update ampdroid to 0.7.1 and mpextended streaming tv stops or pause for few seconds(server then goes on 100%).

andymemo

Portal Member
    June 13, 2008
    Gisborne, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi DieBagger,

Firstly, thanks for taking time to develop such a useful and easy to use application :)

I have a simple question / request regarding the use of mapped drives... I have my mediaPortal PC configured with M:\ as my media share, under this are my tv, hd, dvd & xvid folders. I then use MP-TVSeries & MovingPictures to manage the Movies / TV episodes.

It seems with this configuration, steaming of video content is not possible as I get a stream failed error on my tablet. However, when I reconfigure MP-TVSeries to use a UNC path, streaming works 100% ok.

Questions:
    Does/Should aMPdroid support steaming from a mapped drive?
    Is there any possibility of adding a substitution option inside aMPdroid, where the streaming path of a file could be dynamically written on request? eg, replace m:\ with \\server_IP... so for eg. m:\tv\<series>\<season>\episode_no.ext becomes \\server_IP\<series>\<season>\episode_no.ext?

Cheers,
    Andy

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    @DieBagger - I just have to say a big thank you for your work in developing aMPdroid. I got the GF a Samsung tablet for Xmas and have put the full version of aMPdroid on as part of the whole house media provision. It works fantastically! I did have to install a client onto my dedicated TV server in order to access the Tv Series, Moving Pictures db's, and also install the TV channel logos but this does add to the over experience. The streaming is brilliant - even the GF is impressed.

Great work, and thank you for all your efforts.

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just wanted to say thanks for this app. I was finally able to get it working on my rooted Kindle Fire running Jelly Bean. It solved two things I was wanting to do with my tablet. 1. control my HTPC and 2 stream my media to my tablet. Now I can set aside the wireless keyboard and mouse for most things. My wife now wishes that there were an good equivalent for the ipad.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ampdroid is my number 1 advantage of android over any ios device. diebagger, you better get a commission deal for android devices sold to work as ampdroid clients :)

Just wanted to say thanks for this app. I was finally able to get it working on my rooted Kindle Fire running Jelly Bean. It solved two things I was wanting to do with my tablet. 1. control my HTPC and 2 stream my media to my tablet. Now I can set aside the wireless keyboard and mouse for most things. My wife now wishes that there were an good equivalent for the ipad.

Last edited:

eriksdam

Portal Member
    June 2, 2009
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi DieBagger

Thanks for a cool piece of software!

I have made my way through this thread but can't seem to find anything that describes my issue:

When pressing 'music' only the albums stored locally in the normal music-folder on the pc shows up, not the music on my server.

In MP, everything shows up right.

What am I doing wrong :)

-E

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom