aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

KuLuYuk

Portal Member
March 20, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
1) that's what SHOULD happen, it will be fixed for the next release
2) also, will be fixed -> thx
3) Long-Press -> Add to queue (it's only available with actionbar actions though)

Thank you for your quick answer! I have some more bugs/issues:
  • Adding items to playlist/ Music playback
    • There is the possibility to add an ALBUM to remote/local playlist, both works well (thx for the actionbar hint)
      With a single music item there is no option to add it to the local playlist.

An idea: Maybe there could be a global mode switch (local/remote). When in local-mode items are streamed automatically or added to the local playlist. In remote-mode all items are played/queued on the htpc. This could save some of the options in the actionbar and clean up the interface. I don't think that many users stream and control the htpc-playback simultaneously and all the other users would appreciate it.
    • When I select an ALBUM to play on htpc it takes a long time and one random song-title starts to flash on the monitor. After that everything works well and the playback starts as it should. In contrast to that when I add the album to the remote playlist, all tracks show up instantaneously (no flashing of song-titles on monitor). To avoid the flashing and speed-up the playback of an album on the htpc maybe the play-action could be changed to "add the album to playlist" --> "start playback".
    • Starting Playback of single music track doesn't work (local and remote)
    • For the feature: custom music views (I know it depends also on mp-extended and a lot of users already complained about it ;-)
  • Remote Music Player
    • The design of the pause-button should change when pressing it (play-->pause-->play)
    • maybe there is space for a additional stop-button? I think many useres are used to it, even if its not essential.
Besides: After testing all the features I think that your app is worth every cent I paid!

Last edited:

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Your new app is very great and works fine. I think the most problems that are already discussed in this forum will be fixed in the next update. But I have some Ideas to improve the app:

Music:
- In the Music View you should have more Filters like Year, Genre, Favorites ...
- You schould be able to see and load the Playlist from the Mediaportal Client
- Sorting would be very nice, change between cup and down ( Rating, Date, Name ...)

Movies and Series:
- You should have more Filters, too. For example and in my opinion very important an unwatched Filter.
- Movies and Series you have already watched should be marked as watched.
- Sorting would be very nice, change between cup and down ( Rating, Date, Name ...)

In general it would be a great feature if you could wipe to the right and left. For example in the EPG View you can swipe left to see programs start earlier and swipe to the right to see programs start later. I think in the other Views (Music, Video, Series) you could use these swipe-feature for another function.

The google Music App has a really good swipe feature to switch between Playlist, Genre, Artists... view. Perhaps it serves as a stimulus.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just want to say THANKS for keep developing this great app :).

I had many problems with this version, but did complete reinstall of my HTPC and now most features is working I think. I´ll report later with the few problems I have met.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi guys, just published the first bugfix release to google play, where the following things (and a few others) have been fixed/changed/improved:

• Music order on play-to-pc -> fixed
    • Single songs play/stream not working -> fixed
    • EPG view in tablet - landscape -> fixed
    • Music playlists now playing -> fixed
    • Music next button -> fixed
    • group selection not saved -> fixed
    • schedules not working from epg view -> fixed
    • change language + subtitles in player -> fixed
    • tv server manual control, various bugs -> fixed
    • channel names not shown in recording list -> fixed
    • epg -> wrong time when daylight savings -> fixed
    • thumbs too small for newer devices -> fixed
    Also a few bugs that caused exceptions have been fixed. Overall this version should be more stable than the initial 1.1 release...

Edit: make sure to also update to the newest WifiRemote (0.7.1).

Last edited:

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys, just published the first bugfix release to google play, where the following things (and a few others) have been fixed/changed/improved:

• Music order on play-to-pc -> fixed
    • Single songs play/stream not working -> fixed
    • EPG view in tablet - landscape -> fixed
    • Music playlists now playing -> fixed
    • Music next button -> fixed
    • group selection not saved -> fixed
    • schedules not working from epg view -> fixed
    • change language + subtitles in player -> fixed
    • tv server manual control, various bugs -> fixed
    • channel names not shown in recording list -> fixed
    • epg -> wrong time when daylight savings -> fixed
    • thumbs too small for newer devices -> fixed
    Also a few bugs that caused exceptions have been fixed. Overall this version should be more stable than the initial 1.1 release...

Edit: make sure to also update to the newest WifiRemote (0.7.1).

Hello DieBagger!
    You already published an update?!?! Thank you. Nothing to see of the initial glitches I faced when using this...thanks a lot.

Fafnir

Last edited:

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Music streaming is working perfectly for me. Over wifi and over the mobile Internet. Only issue I have is that i can't adjust the volume.

I have a galaxy s2

+1, I can't adjust the volume when playing on the PC or streaming to my Galaxy S2 (using Ampdroid Pro 1.1.1 with latest wifi remote (with ARGUS fix) + MPExtended)

Let me know if there are logs I should post that will help.

Cheers

Bleazle

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    +1, I can't adjust the volume when playing on the PC or streaming to my Galaxy S2 (using Ampdroid Pro 1.1.1 with latest wifi remote (with ARGUS fix) + MPExtended)

Cheers

Bleazle
    You can choose in the settings if the volume buttons should control the volume on the device or on the htpc (if connected to wifiremote)... I should probably override this if music is playing on the device...

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can choose in the settings if the volume buttons should control the volume on the device or on the htpc (if connected to wifiremote)... I should probably override this if music is playing on the device...

That would be great!

I overlooked that option but now the volume is working fine.

Haraldpeter

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Now all works fine and stable under Win 7 and XP - many many thanks to all developers ( and of corse I use the Pro Version:) )

But I have a little Question about automatic PC Start.
    Until now I use Boxtogo to wakeup my PC over Internet via Samsung S3.
    Dyndns account is created and confugered in Fritzbox "Fernwartung". This works good but not stable. Sometimes dyndns does not updatet.

Is it possible to wakeup my PC within amPdroid ?

Best Regards
    Haraldpeter

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Cheers

Bleazle

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately when the "Volume Controls" option is selected I can't change the volume of media playing on MP or streaming to my phone. Previously I could adjust the volume of anything playing on MP and I think the volume of anything streaming was controlled by the volume key on my phone (I didn't use it very often). If I deselect the "Volume Controls" option I can adjust the volume of media streaming to my phone using the volume button but not of anything playing on MP (which is as it should be).

Regards

Bleazle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom