aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

danrob

January 17, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm just starting to try an get this working on my HTC phone and nexus 7. I use the QR scan when setting up and it asks me which of 6 different ip and mac addresses to use. How do I know which one to use? I use the first one 192.168.1.8 and choose the first MAC Address. For both devices 'remote connection can not be established'. Is there an easy set up guide anywhere someone can point me to?

Thanks for any help. o_O

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Personally, I did not use the QR scan. Have you tried just putting in the IP address? In my case, at least, the MAC address was not necessary.

danrob

January 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Powermodes works so I can control some aspects (switch on and off) of mediaportal. It still says 'Remote not connected'. 'Loading failed. Check your connection'

Attachments

• mp.zip
      11.4 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Powermodes works so I can control some aspects (switch on and off) of mediaportal. It still says 'Remote not connected'. 'Loading failed. Check your connection'
    If powermodes work that means that you have a connection to MPExtended... Can you access your movies/tv series/videos? How about tv?

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi DieBagger,

It just keeps getting better and better!:)

Just tested playing movies using the "Play on PC" option and unlike the previous versions, I can now start playing ALL types of movie including ISO's and DVD folder rips (Video_TS). Thank you for adding this!!

However, I have noticed that this only works from "Movies" (Moving Pictures) and not from "Videos" (MyVideos). In fact "Play on PC" doesn't seem to be working for any file type from the "Videos" section (at least for me). Is there any chance it could work with both in future versions?

Thanks again for all the hard work on this!! (y)

Wo0zy

Hi DieBagger,

Not nagging. Just a gentle reminder to try and keep this on your radar for a future release.:)

Thanks,

Wo0zy.

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi DieBagger,

I'm using aMPdroid with my HTC Wildfire S, everything works fine but when I start the internal player (with any video) the lights of the control buttons on the phone are always on.

Is there a way to turn them off ?

Regards,
    xavier.

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Hello, i just started with android development3 days ago, and wanted to test the app in the emulator, learn how where done some things and maibe extend something (in a future, with more knowledge). I saw that the project was open http://code.google.com/p/a-mp-droid/ but when i have mounted it and executed in the AVD i see that it is a very old release of ampdroid (according to the manifest file 0.9.0). Is there any possibility to update svn from real trunk?
    Thanks in advance!!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    A little OT: 499 reviews on google play, who want's to write 500? ;) -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mediaportal.ampdroid
    Done... :p
    Assuming this was you, then thanks for the kind words. Here for all to read (if you speak a bit spanish :p). I added you to the beta-group as a small thank you... ;)

Review 500 on the google play store:

Indispensable... Si usas MediaPortal en tu casa, este cliente para Android es indispensable. Puedes ver casi cualquier contenido que tengas en MediaPortal (faltan las fotos!), sean videos, música o la TV. Personalmente uso MX Player como reproductor externo, aunque tiene uno incorporado que funciona muy bien.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom