aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Live tv freezes after half a second with internal player on i9100 (samsung galaxy SII) and android 4.0.4 just like the previous version of ampdroid. With BSplayer it works, but no skipping function.
    I also noticed a strange error in the mpextended log
    Code:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at System.IO.Stream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
      at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Code.StreamCopy.MediaReadAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult ar) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.StreamingService\Code\StreamCopy.cs:line 82
    Looks like there are some hardcoded paths in the code? My user folder doesn't contain oxan.
    There are several more, see log file

Edit. Ultra Low HTTP stream seems to work. Everything higher will freeze at some point

Last edited:

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Live tv freezes after half a second with internal player on i9100 (samsung galaxy SII) and android 4.0.4 just like the previous version of ampdroid. With BSplayer it works, but no skipping function.
    I also noticed a strange error in the mpextended log
    Code:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at System.IO.Stream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
      at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Code.StreamCopy.MediaReadAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult ar) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.StreamingService\Code\StreamCopy.cs:line 82
    Looks like there are some hardcoded paths in the code? My user folder doesn't contain oxan.
    There are several more, see log file

Edit. Ultra Low HTTP stream seems to work. Everything higher will freeze at some point
    The path is just this way because it was compiled by oxan, has nothing todo with the issue...

We don't know excactly what causes the live tv issues but we're pretty sure it's because of the video codecs on many phones. Since you don't have skipping on live-tv anyways (not yet ;)), there's not much drawback in using an external player for tv. For videos and recordings the internal player should work fine...

On a general note:
    I know that there are a few issues and instabilities, the code changes from the previous version were huge and at some point I had to release it. It was expected and a bugfix release is planned within the next 1-2 weeks. Same goes for MPExtended, give it some time I think the new features and improvements are worth every cent. Please don't go ahead and post negative comments/reviews because it didn't work on the first try, that is hugely frustrating for us.

That said, thx for all the positive feedback guys, really digging it... :)

Last edited:

KwizatZ

Portal Member
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    France France
    TV streaming is OK on my nexus 10, but if I try to stream recorded TV, it crashes aMPdroid with the following logs in MPExtended:

Code:
    2012-11-27 11:39:07.11196 [(41)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Recording to WebRecordingBasic
    2012-11-27 11:39:07.11196 [(41)] WARN: Failed to load fileinfo for recording
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.TVAccessService.GetRecordingFileInfo(Int32 id) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\TVAccessService.cs:line 813
    2012-11-27 11:39:07.11296 [(43)] WARN: ExtractImage: Source mediatype=Recording provider=100 id=0 filetype=Content offset=0 path=(unknown) (resolved to path ) doesn't exists

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    TV streaming is OK on my nexus 10, but if I try to stream recorded TV, it crashes aMPdroid with the following logs in MPExtended:

Code:
    2012-11-27 11:39:07.11196 [(41)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Recording to WebRecordingBasic
    2012-11-27 11:39:07.11196 [(41)] WARN: Failed to load fileinfo for recording
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.TVAccessService.GetRecordingFileInfo(Int32 id) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\TVAccessService.cs:line 813
    2012-11-27 11:39:07.11296 [(43)] WARN: ExtractImage: Source mediatype=Recording provider=100 id=0 filetype=Content offset=0 path=(unknown) (resolved to path ) doesn't exists
    Yes there is a bug in the recording details page (already fixed), for now you can use long-press actions from the recordings list...

stevied20

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2010
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just updated using Sony s tablet with ICS, and LG p500........... music won't play or download no option showing. Layout is great, operation is faster, remote all good.......great work keep it going Diebagger!!!!

KwizatZ

Portal Member
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    France France
    Using VLC direct for FHD movies, is it possible to increase the streaming buffer size to avoid stutters during playback through wifi ? (with a kind of pre-download)

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good job DieBagger, ampdroid is working nearly perfect on my LG Nexus 4 with internal Player!

I have one Question about the "Videos"-Link on the frontpage of the app. I think most peoples have only one database for videos, moving pictures or myfilms or myvideos. So my question is, can you make in further development an option field in the backend for deactivating one of this links or take this place for the link to the recordings? or maybe for a link to the pictures? ;-)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi DieBagger,

It just keeps getting better and better!:)

Just tested playing movies using the "Play on PC" option and unlike the previous versions, I can now start playing ALL types of movie including ISO's and DVD folder rips (Video_TS). Thank you for adding this!!

However, I have noticed that this only works from "Movies" (Moving Pictures) and not from "Videos" (MyVideos). In fact "Play on PC" doesn't seem to be working for any file type from the "Videos" section (at least for me). Is there any chance it could work with both in future versions?

Thanks again for all the hard work on this!! (y)

Wo0zy

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re music. I have the same problem. Can't stream or playback on my MP. Adding a track to the queue does work though??

Music and 1.3 MyVideos aside I can see just how much work has gone into this release. Thank you DieBagger!

Beyond this vague report please let me know what info I can provide to help bugfix.

Thanks,

Wo0zy

Hi DieBagger,

Bit more info regarding the above. It seems if I select an album all tracks get added to the playlist and play either on my phone or on my PC. It's only when I try to play an individual track (either locally or on the PC) that nothing seems to happen.

Don't know if that helps at all.

Cheers,

Wo0zy.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Good job DieBagger, ampdroid is working nearly perfect on my LG Nexus 4 with internal Player!

I have one Question about the "Videos"-Link on the frontpage of the app. I think most peoples have only one database for videos, moving pictures or myfilms or myvideos. So my question is, can you make in further development an option field in the backend for deactivating one of this links or take this place for the link to the recordings? or maybe for a link to the pictures? ;-)
    Well the long-term plan is to make the home-screen configurable...
    Re music. I have the same problem. Can't stream or playback on my MP. Adding a track to the queue does work though??

Music and 1.3 MyVideos aside I can see just how much work has gone into this release. Thank you DieBagger!

Beyond this vague report please let me know what info I can provide to help bugfix.

Thanks,

Wo0zy

Hi DieBagger,

Bit more info regarding the above. It seems if I select an album all tracks get added to the playlist and play either on my phone or on my PC. It's only when I try to play an individual track (either locally or on the PC) that nothing seems to happen.

Don't know if that helps at all.

Cheers,

Wo0zy.
    Aaaaaah, ok that explains a lot because that is indeed not working (stupid oversight on my part)... Will be an easy fix, is this the same for everyone else with music streaming problems???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom