aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Using VLC direct for FHD movies, is it possible to increase the streaming buffer size to avoid stutters during playback through wifi ? (with a kind of pre-download)
    Unfortunately that is (afaik) not possible with the internal player but I'll have another look...

However, I have noticed that this only works from "Movies" (Moving Pictures) and not from "Videos" (MyVideos). In fact "Play on PC" doesn't seem to be working for any file type from the "Videos" section (at least for me). Is there any chance it could work with both in future versions?
    Thanks again for all the hard work on this!!(y)

I'll look into it...

Iwen

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great app which is getting better and better. First time for me that video streaming works like a charm. Thank you very much.

Just as a sidenote @DieBagger: you maybe want to update your aMPdroid link in your signature, it still points to the v0.8 thread ;) .

Last edited:

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work! Thanks! Works really nice and fast.
    One thing i noticed...the EPG guide is not working if i switch from vertical to horizontal view (nexus 7) (even if i try to open the EPG while i am already in horizontal/widescreen view). I get an error message "no connection" or something...i need to reproduce the error when im home for the exact error message.

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @DieBagger - same problem with music streaming - individual tracks don't work but the whole album streams perfectly. And I bloody love it!

Also my movies, series and TV progs are all streaming really well too (Samsung SIII). Really appreciate your work DiBagger, Oxan, and everyone else involved. Marvellous stuff!

Many thanks!
    Si

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi! Great work.

Thanks to everybody working on this.

I have tried the new ampdroid 1.1, and it seams faster and more smooth.

But I also had problems with music and EPG.

1.EPG works on my galaxy s2, but it doesn't work on my 2 galaxy tablets (7" and 10.1" tab2).

When I press EPG I also get "read-error check cornection" and it keep on searching, but if I press the

Later-button or the before-button on the screen the EPG-data comes immediately, and everything works.

I noticed that on the screen where the date-time is, it wrote “medium text” (see screenshot)

2. In music I also have the problem where I can play an album but i can't play single tracks on PC.

3. In music skip forward don't work, backward do.

4. When I press pause the pause-symbol doesn't chance.

One wish

I use ampdroid mostly for playing music through MP without having to turn on the TV.

I would love if it could be possible to select albumartist instead of artist.

If you select an artist that is not an albumartist (from an album with various artists) no albums or tracks

are shown.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-26-18-16-53.jpg
      Screenshot_2012-11-26-18-16-53.jpg
      184.2 KB

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ nip.nyborg
    Would you please try the EPG not in widescreen mode? If this is working you got the same problem as me :)

polze83

Portal Member
    August 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One wish

I use ampdroid mostly for playing music through MP without having to turn on the TV.

I would love if it could be possible to select albumartist instead of artist.

If you select an artist that is not an albumartist (from an album with various artists) no albums or tracks

are shown.

It's also a big wish of myself... :)
    It would also be nice if it's possible to start the Playing of an album when you open it under "Shared", even if it has subfolders.

Today I was listening to some music (a Album) so i want to select my favorite track, but there where no songs in the Playlist of the Remote.
    In the playlist of Mediaportal at my PC everything was like it should be.
    There was also no function of the forward or backward button at the remote.
    Even if i tried another album the bug appears.

Media Portal was playing one song after another, the remote displays the current song but also there where no songs in the Playlist of the remote.

I've tried to reinstall the WIFIRemote at the HTPC but this also was no solution of this problem.

jgsteinmetz

Portal Member
    February 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So I've got everything updated and all seems to be working now (except music, but that's not much of an issue for me), but only when I'm connecting to my server. I had Ampdroid pointing to my server on port 4322 for TV and to my client on port 4323 for tv-series and moving pictures and port 8017 for WiFi remote with the previous versions and everything worked well, but I can't get it to stream anything from my client with the new version. The logs are saying the file doesn't exist or something to that effect, but the paths in the log are correct. I had to disable UAC when installing MPExtended if that's relevant.

And I just noticed one more issue: I had a phone call interrupt a video I was streaming from MP-TV Series; the video paused and I ignored the call, but when the video resumed, it did so from the point I'd originally started it, not where it paused when the call came in.

That said, I'm definitely pleased and impressed with all the improvements. In fact I purchased the pro version yesterday after installing the update. The new player is amazing; I'll be glad to get rid of the external player I had to install with the last version. Really like the latest media display on the homescreen, also.

Duke_ivo

Portal Member
    June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello DieBagger, great work done.

Really enjoying new release with one small (but strange) challange. I can't watch real time TV. When i press start timeshifting - i'm getting "Error starting timeshifting" on aMPdroid, but TV server has started it. There is timeshift file in timeshift folder, i can watch it on PC from there, even aMPdroid shows that that channel is on timeshift, but there is no option to start it - just stop or play on PC. When stoped al stops it normally like it should be.

aMPdroid log also looks good - timeshift started, no errors, no warnings. Any ideas where to look for clue ?

Thanks in advance,

Ivo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom