aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    For Movies I have to use the embbed player, because of the subtitles (they don't stream to MX...) and beacuse I can't fast forward/scroll forward with MX player.

No solution for the subtitles, but you CAN skip forward just going back from live streaming. You'll get the progress bar again, inside embeded player, you can slide that progress bar and play again.

bye!

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @DieBagger, I've been doing some deep tests today and I found a problem that I can't say if it's aMPDroid fault or MPExtended fault...

If you use external player to play a file (it doesn't happen with live tv), when you stop it (just pressing back in the phone), MPExtended keeps processing the file (I don't know if it hangs or what, but I can see the MPExtended.libraries.VLCWrapper.exe process eating CPU). It doesn't happen with live tv (when you stop, process also stops and dissapears from memory), I think because if you use external player, embbeded one doesn't appear in the middle, while playing a file does trigger embbeded player, and it then launches external player when streaming is available.

Hope I've explained myself... If I must ask Oxan please tell me.

I've found some more things, but I need to do more tests to be able to explain them in a comprehensive way. Mainly, all ffmpeg and VLC based profiles aren't stable at all (black screen, hangs, etc...). The only stable ones for me are HTTP Live Streaming based ones (HTC One S with JB 4.1.1 + HTC Sense 4+).

bye!

Last edited:

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've found some more things, but I need to do more tests to be able to explain them in a comprehensive way. Mainly, all ffmpeg and VLC based profiles aren't stable at all (black screen, hangs, etc...). The only stable ones for me are HTTP Live Streaming based ones (HTC One S with JB 4.1.1 + HTC Sense 4+).

I've switched from an Android 4.1.1 based ROM (HTC Sense launcher) to an Android 4.2.2 based ROM (Carbon, CyanogenMod 10.1 based), and now ffmpeg profiles are working great so far. I still haven't tested VLC, so I can't say.

I maintain my first bug report, though...

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    I've just installed ampDroid and MPExtended and am having some problems connecting remotely from a Galaxy S3 Android phone. I have managed to establish basic connectivity, and was able to use Powermodes to start the MP application. I can also telnet onto the MP server on port 4322. However when I try the "Connect Remote" option I get "Remote Connection Couldn't Be Established". If I then select the TV option it tells me that the username or password is invalid (even when I disable authentication).
    I've tried both with and without authentication (i.e. disabling this on both the server and the phone), but neither worked. I also tried stopping and restarting the MPExtended service (both from within the config app and from Windows Services), and it didn't help.
    I'm running MP 1.3.0 on Windows 7.

sogge

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Everything works, great live-tv, streaming recorded programms but I cannot download a program to device (Samsung Galaxy Tab2 , ICS)

Any ideas what can be the problem??

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @DieBagger Great program! I've just been back from holiday. Went to Austria. And with this program and my nexus 7 I could stream my movies from my home in the Netherlands and more.... I sheduled 2 recordings. Streamed them when they were ready. Downloaded a new album to my phone (Galaxy S2). Watched a movie and a Top Gear episode. All working without problems. Thanks!

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @DieBagger and @Oxan - the ampdroid amp is nothing short of epic. Really fantastic, and rock solid dependability - got the girlfriend streaming movies from my server in the UK from her parents' house in Colombia without a hitch. Cant help but be amazed. And that navigation drawer idea is pretty cool too - worthy of a point release me thinks. Well done gents. (y)

jomed

Portal Member
    November 9, 2007
    There seems to be little problem with Ampdroid Pro (not sure whether it's the same with the free version) and the latest MPExtended. Videos are not listed when using any other option than 'Shares'. The categories are shown correctly, but not the videos belonging into the catagories. The error reads: 'Laden fehlgeschlagen, bitte checken Sie die Verbindung'. This only applies to 'Videos', 'Musik' is working as intended.

This worked fine before I updated to the latest MPExtended version, so my guess is that a change in MPExtended is the cause for the issue.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There seems to be little problem with Ampdroid Pro (not sure whether it's the same with the free version) and the latest MPExtended. Videos are not listed when using any other option than 'Shares'. The categories are shown correctly, but not the videos belonging into the catagories. The error reads: 'Laden fehlgeschlagen, bitte checken Sie die Verbindung'. This only applies to 'Videos', 'Musik' is working as intended.

This worked fine before I updated to the latest MPExtended version, so my guess is that a change in MPExtended is the cause for the issue.
    If you suspect this is a MPExtended problem; please open a new thread in the MPExtended forum with your logs.

CountZer0

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    First off all. Thanks for a great app!

Now to mycket question. I often download series ord movies to mycket device when going on holiday etc. But ampdroid always store the files on the internal memory. Is it possible to store it on my external sdcard? Looked around in settings for a way to change destination folder. I really like the download button in ampdroid and think its the best way to transfer files to my phone. But i always run short on internal memory.

Secondly. When a download fail att say 73% its not possible to get rid of it from the downloaded list. Only files thats been fully transfered can be cleared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom