[solved] aMPedConfig for 1.6 + (.net 4) (1 Viewer)

Goannaman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    aMPed skin 3.6.1 runs well on MP1.6 pre, but the aMPedconfig exe program crashes. Is this a known problem and if so, will there be a patch for the full release of MP1.6?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry Goannaman somehow I did not get any notification of your post and just saw it now!

Did you get any error message with the crash? It might help me figure out the issue.

I haven't installed 1.6 yet but I plan to soon.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Dadeo, this pretty much affected all external executable's which interacted with the core and it's plugins.

The fix is rather simple, just set the Target Framework to ".NET Framework 4.0" and re-build.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks ltfearme I figured it was probably the .NET 4 change as Guzzi ran into similar issues with MyFilms, of course 'just' and 'simple' don't apply so well in my case :D. My problem is I don't want to upgrade to MP 1.6. until MyFilms is compatible ;) so I can blame my delay on @Guzzi :ROFLMAO:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK for those wanting to use aMPedConfig with MP 1.6.0 pre-release or later (i.e. using .net 4), I have attached a zip of an upgraded version of aMPedConfig.exe.

Just unzip it to your MP Programs folder, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.

I would really appreciate some testing/feedback before committing the changes to SVN, because:

@ltfearme - as predicted it was not 'rather simple' :p since aMPed offers a build.bat process for testers and I had to update that too. Even worse, the Basic Home Editor for Vintage layout uses WPF and in .NET 4 some of the XAML-related types are migrated to the System.Xaml assembly :( so it took dodo Dadeo ages to figure it all out.

Once I get confirmation it is working, I will commit the changes to SVN and then testers, or anyone who uses aMPed SVN to build your own MPEinstaller for aMPed, can use it with .net 4. However, I have .net 4.5 installed so it's possible the paths in buildscript.bat (Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319) may not match your installation.

Thanks!

Attachments

• aMPedConfig.rar
      74.8 KB

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    aMPed is working on MP 1.7 prerelease (with the updated Net4 aMPed editor)
    Hi

Good to know it is working on MP 1.7. I am planning to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7 pretty soon.
    I guess I need to use the SVN for the correct aMPed version?

Regards,
    Bas

Users who are viewing this thread