[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi there,
    some progress in problem solving.
    At first the app connected to the HTPC but not to GmaWebservice.
    I updated both aMPdroid and GmaWebservice, so it connected to GmaWebservice but the app started giving me this message "wrong username or password".
    I opened the GmaWebservice config file and after changing all the settings of "config.xml" so that they would point to my MediaPortal config files, I found username and password (admin and admin) and put them into the app settings.
    Now the app connects to the HTPC but if I try to use the movie or sound icons of the home screen menu after a few seconds the app crashes. I can't see anything except the "Home screen" and the "remote control" pages.

Any idea?:confused::confused:

I don't think you are using the latest version of GmaWebservice... If you are sure that you are, please post the output of the GetServiceDescription method (see wiki). Of course the crash shouldn't happen, this is already fixed (there will be a bugfix update soon).

hofi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2009
    Ardagger Markt
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    no WOL when connecting to Client

Thanks for this great App DieBagger, works fine on my Desire HD with original 2.3.3, i hope all your Apps are so ingenious;)

I have only one problem, the app sends the WOL-Packages only when i start, Video or TV.
    When i try connecting to the Client or start Remotecontrol it dont wake up my PC.
    I am using a single Seat Installation.

First Time aMPdroid 0.8 was some times very slow, i did an update from 0.7 to 0.8, after deinstall, removing all data and then make a fresh install from the Market it runs very fine - perhaps this help someone with the same Problem.
    EDIT: Reinstall did not resolve the Problem - sometimes its slow again!

LG hofi

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just what I been looking for, awesome,

Only problem I've got is I can't seem to play music in mediaportal by browsing to it in ampdroid, ive seen others mention they can do this, i can play tv episodes and movies but music doesnt play, i can browse it all fine and the album art and info shows up, how do i start playing it?

Also is it possible to play a tv channel or program from the epg? woukd be good to read the epg then click a show to start playing it in MP.

A feature request would be to have page up/down buttons on the remote.
    Also a stop button next to the pause one rather than having to bring up a menu to stop playing something.

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I have problem with streaming (external player). If I stop streaming ffmpeg.exe process still working on my HTPC and still using a last stream file. I must stop process manualy...

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Only problem I've got is I can't seem to play music in mediaportal by browsing to it in ampdroid, ive seen others mention they can do this, i can play tv episodes and movies but music doesnt play, i can browse it all fine and the album art and info shows up, how do i start playing it?

Nevermind this one, figured it out :oops:

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Working: Streaming live tv started from EPG to Desire S most of the times I tested. Great quality. GOOD JOB so far!

Working: Streaming from recorded tv works great and really fast!

Not working for me: Choosing play recorded tv on pc does not work. First the sound started, but picture did not change from EPG screen on TV. Second time Black screen and no sound.

Not working for me: Starting "timeshift" from "Manual control" and then choose "Play Locally" just starts my Moboplayer app and the stream never starts! It just says loading and after 5-10 sec. black screen and then it starts saying loading again looks like it is in a loop or something :).

Request: FIX of the above mentioned errors or guide to fix them if it is only me who is having these issues.
    Request: Start playing stream on TV from the EPG on the phone.
    Request: Channel UP/DOWN from directly on the remote screen.

Question: Is it already possible to not only stream TV with this app inside the home, but also from a hotel or other place outside the local LAN? If not is it a planned feature?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also is it possible to play a tv channel or program from the epg? woukd be good to read the epg then click a show to start playing it in MP.
    If you do a long tap on a channel name or program a quickaction menu pops up with a stream action in it.
    I have problem with streaming (external player). If I stop streaming ffmpeg.exe process still working on my HTPC and still using a last stream file. I must stop process manualy...
    Do you return to aMPdroid after streaming (with back key) or do you just go to the homescreen (with home key)? In the second case it's expected that ffmpeg.exe still works, as the server unfortunately can't detect a client disconnect, so aMPdroid has to notify it to stop streaming.
    Not working for me: Starting "timeshift" from "Manual control" and then choose "Play Locally" just starts my Moboplayer app and the stream never starts! It just says loading and after 5-10 sec. black screen and then it starts saying loading again looks like it is in a loop or something :).
    That's correct. When you start a timeshift from "manual control" we currently can't setup transcoding for technical reasons (yet), so it just plays the original RTSP stream, which is too heavy for a lot of devices. Quite easy to workaround, just start your timeshifts from the channels or EPG view.
    Question: Is it already possible to not only stream TV with this app inside the home, but also from a hotel or other place outside the local LAN? If not is it a planned feature?
    Yeah, it's already possible but it's a bit hard to setup. You have to forward port 4321 in your router to your server and make sure that it's already turned on. It's also prefered to change the passwords to something else then the default admin/admin. Then you've to add another client in aMPdroid with your external IP address and use that when you're away from home. Note that you probably can only stream on low quality over 3G. This might become easier in the future ;)

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

But I am very sad to see, that the problem with handling albums with multiple artists, are even worse.
    Now the problem is also in the “album View” before it was only in “Artist View”.
    (leaving this for DieBagger to comment on. I know that the music DB is quite bad designed and that there have been some changes and problems related to artists and multiple people in a single field, but I'm not sure if this is a GMA or aMPdroid bug. )

Hi
    I can see I probably did not explain very clear, the problem is not multiple artists I one track.
    What I mean is an album with tracks of various artists, but the same albumartist.

Example: Album= Ultimate duet's vol.1
    17 tracks all with different artists, albumartist = “Ultimate duet's” on all tracks
    This album is shown/displayed 17 times in both “album View” and “artist View”

Maybe it is just a matter of sorting with albumartist instead of artist.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi
    I can see I probably did not explain very clear, the problem is not multiple artists I one track.
    What I mean is an album with tracks of various artists, but the same albumartist.

17 tracks all with different artists, albumartist = “Ultimate duet's” on all tracks

Ah, I understand. As the MP Music database doesn't know albums, we currently have to figure that out ourself, and do this currently by searching for unique combinations of (genre + album + year + artist + album artist). As your tracks all have a different artist, they're all seen as different albums. I'll discuss changing it, as it indeed makes more sense to leave artist out of that combination.
    :D

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hi

Ah, I understand. As the MP Music database doesn't know albums, we currently have to figure that out ourself, and do this currently by searching for unique combinations of (genre + album + year + artist + album artist). As your tracks all have a different artist, they're all seen as different albums. I'll discuss changing it, as it indeed makes more sense to leave artist out of that combination.
    :D

Thanks! That sounds great, sure you will find a good solution, (in version 0.7 it has OK in “album View”)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom