[Android] Android remote (3 Viewers)

maxirk

Portal Member
August 16, 2010
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Please make start screen choosing option. I want to set Remote Control as the first screen and start using it just after an app start starts.

And I want to have some buttons directly on home screen. I think it is possible to make some buttons (play/pause, froward, backward, +/- volume) as separate widgets.

In launcher pro it's possible to create activities of any program as a shortcut. So just make the buttons as program activities.

Look
5cd679a62b70.jpg

I created "mediaportal.remote.MediaplayerControl" activity as a shortcut to start remote control mode immediately - but it's not work :(

Thundercats

Portal Pro
April 28, 2009
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Personally i think, that if you make activity-buttons outside MP-remote, all could become very messy and confusing for most people.

What's wrong with the homescreen selection? Now u'll have all the activities in 1 screen at your fingertips, instead of having them spread all over the place on ur android screen.

Besides, not evryone is using launcher pro.

But.... since i am not the owner/programmer of the remote, it's up to KROKO to decide... (and wether it is possible or not).

TentacleNo1

Portal Member
June 7, 2009
Hi, I have version 1.1.0 of mediaportal, but since it works perfectly for my needs I don't really wan't to update. Will this remote app work for this old version of mediaportal?

It looks great by the way. If it won't work I'll definitly update. My android phone is currently out for repair, thats why I can't just test it.

Thanks!

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
AW: [Android] Android remote

Is it possible to make a home screen of the remote like the one I've attached?

https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/mar...60-0-4a7c199f1378b08ede0ad70df5fca9b284ab9290

with separate buttons for the remote, like the mce remote style, and some buttons for video, etc. to view or browse it locally?

It would be very cool ;-) I did not like the actual home screen :-( further I can make some buttons for you, of you like.

Attachments

• myRemote_Androi_MCE.png
    myRemote_Androi_MCE.png
    97.4 KB

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi fredflintstone,

I already noticed we need some buttons for pictures etc. So I added four programable buttons ABCD on top of the remote. You can setup them to go on whatever screen. This can be setup in the configuration.

Now having already two skins (black / blue3) and maybe another coming up as MediaDroid it should be enough for now. Skinning takes a lot of time. As well the space on the phone is limited. There are smaller devices, where it could be hard to press a button if they are so tiny.

I like also to finish this first and doing another release. So its a maybe.... One thing came in mind, if you dont like the homescreen would it be good enough to start the remote right away (as option) ?

Thats for now
kroko

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    95.5 KB

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004

Hi fredflintstone,
one thing came in mind, if you dont like the homescreen would it be good enough to start the remote right away (as option) ?
Thats for now
kroko

Hi kroko,

yes thats would be enough ;-) I think it's will be better to choose in the settings which part of the application should start on start-up (maybe in my case I prefer the remote on start up).

Further you attached a nice screen shot ;-) when do you plan to make this version public?

IMHO, the okay button should be replaced whith a button with the MP logo, thats would be nice - like a MCE-remote, but with a MP logo.

bravo23884

February 26, 2011
Hi I just installed Android Remote server but I cannot see it in Plugins\Process Plugins. So I cant set the IP address.
The dlls and the opt files was copied in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process during the installation.

I am running the latests versions of Mediaportal and Android remote

What went wrong?

Thanks if someone can help ,e

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006

bravo23884 : DId u activate the plugin under mp-config-plugins?

Hi Kroko,

I find the web-server interesting:

Is/could it be possible to generate a small webpage with infos like nowplaying , Tv-Server status (recording?), radiochannel, wether etc...

Because i like to use an old phone with wlan as something like an external diplay/minidisplay and all the other webservices like ipimp dont have a website with more than one info(ipimp has now playing, but thats not all i wanted)

Just an idea,

Ps: Are the html files generated "live"? because i cant find the files in mediaportal installation path

swamprat96

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2010
    Avoca Beach
    Home Country
    Hi Kroko,
    I've just reinstalled this and had none of the problems of the early build. Works really well

Three minor issues- one of which is not of your doing
    1. My android (samsung Galaxy s) forgets the IP address of the mediaportal box when it hasn't been used for a while. Goes back to the default setting
    2. I can't select any other skin
    3. "whats playing" stays stuck on the last entry-unless I skip to the next track. But I have this problem with the mini display too- and only when the main screen blanks. I think this is an MP issue
    :D

Prismind

March 4, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi I just installed Android Remote server but I cannot see it in Plugins\Process Plugins. So I cant set the IP address.
    The dlls and the opt files was copied in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process during the installation.

I am running the latests versions of Mediaportal and Android remote

What went wrong?

Thanks if someone can help ,e

I have the same issue. Under the extension manager, the config button is not available. In the MP setting, the plugin doesn't show up at all.

I'm running windows XP SP3. MP and This plug in is all up to date. There was no addition folder called Process Plugins under Plugins. The DLL for Process Plugins and Android Remote have made it to the folder, though. I'm just wondering if there is some back door method to get to the config, so i can plug in the ip.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom