[Android] Android remote (1 Viewer)

SID6.7

Portal Member
August 26, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [Android] Android remote

Hello and Big Thanx for this Plugin !

I use it on a 10" Tablet, so the Grafx sometime look a little "lost" - but anything works just fine.

Except for 1 Thing : Videostreaming to the Tablet.

I read that VLC is used for it.

Now if i install it, are there some special Settings to make in VLC on the Serverside ?

Thanx again for your work.

Regards!

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hey SID6.7,

right now I'm doing work on all layouts including the tab layout and landscape functions. This will be finsihed in the next release. Also the second skin is on its way. I doing fixing some bugs and adding some small tweaks here and there.

For streaming you need to install vlc 1.x on the PC. In the config select you profile (320 or 480). You need a "fast" PC. I'm not sure if a ATOM processor is enough. On my P4 1.6 it is running OK. I know sometimes vlc just crashed (in the back). I need to look into the interop sometimes.

So please try with different files, some avi or mpgs and see if it works.
After starting a video from the phone you should be able to open vlc on the pc and open following stream:

rtsp://ServerIP:5554/MediaPortal.sdp
or
rtsp://127.0.0.1:5554/MediaPortal.sdp

Also I do have problems if my wifi signal is poor. The range of Samsung is only about 10-20m, less then my notebook.
If nothing helps, start MP in DEBUG mode and send the log file to me or post it here.

So far
kroko

ZealotTC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    can't wait for the skin! Right now the app is fugly but awesome can't live without it, makeing it beautifull with that blue skin yum yum!!! Can't wait hope we'll get to try it soon <3

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Zealot TC:
    I am working on the artwork for the skin rightnow. But i cannot test things, coz. the app is not stable (yet) on my tablet. The layout for the remote control is ready, now need to convert all the buttons and stuff to the right file(names), so Kroko can implement them. Created also a new homescreen, but also for this i need to create the seperate files and stuff.

I got a 50 hours job and I love to work, but the disadvantage of having a job is: IT TAKES SO MUCH OF MY SPARE TIME :)

So now i try to use all my available sparetime to finish the job.

It's up to Kroko when HE thinks the time is right to put it into the .apk Am planning on a make-over for the musicscreen/playlist things as well, trying to give it a more Blue-skin looks and feel, close to the original MP Blue.

But as i said, i takes some time. We'll keep you all informed!

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    kroko, Thundercats, and me are working on this:

Android_Remote_SGT.jpg

Android_Remote_SGT_2.jpg

What you guys think?

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello everybody,

it looks we start now the third skin project. (see above) Also here is a actual screenshot of the remote of Thundercats skin.
    As you seen we replaced the arrow keys to a round navigation control. I'm working on the last bits right now. It will be ready soon.

So far
    kroko

Attachments

• first.jpg
      first.jpg
      90 KB

andreaswith

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I like them all, but I have a softspot for MePo, ever since the first MePo-skins. :)

The remote gets even nicer with selectable skins! Nice work!

A

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ andreaswith: "I have a softspot for MePo"

Me too, i think MePo was and still is kinda mascotte/trademark for MP. Thats why i try to use it for the Blue-skin. As far as it is possible i would like to keep things as close as possible to the original MP Blue looks and feels.

All depends also a bit on how Kroko implements all the different screens and possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom