[Android] Android remote (5 Viewers)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tried this on my HTC Desire and it works like a charm. Looking forward to more.

One thing came to mind; will it be possible to control multiple clients? Would have to identify multiple IP addresses (one for each client) and then select which client to control. One of the IP addresses would be used for media access.

Thinking even further; it is a pity that a client has to be running for media playback. What if there was an application (not a MP plugin) that runs on the TV server h/w that give access to the media shares and makes the connection between the Android and the MP clients that are up for remote control?

VdR

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Testing it on my desire now but the first little issue I came accross is that the Android app is giving me a hard time letting me type in my MAC adress.
    It seems like only numeric characters are allowed, which is ofcourse not the case for a hexidecimal thing like a MAC.
    Just reporting, going to test a bit more, looks great so far :D!!

---EDIT---

Just tested the app a bit more and for me it has some issues with responsiveness. Not sure if at all possible with android coding but the downloading of the xml sheets should ideally be done in a background thread, while the GUI displays a loading animation.
    Same would go for loading image thumbs because that's quite slow when loading large folders. If you would be able to load this asynchronously that would at least make it feel a lot faster.
    Another approach would be paginating your data (so page 1 shows 50 items, page 2 50 etc), this principle can also be applied in an asynchronous fashion so you would not need actual pagination links/buttons (see the new google image search for example). The last one would also benefit from loading data in a background thread but is most likely a bit hard(er) to implement.

Do not get me the wrong way, just trying to give constructive criticiscm. Can't wait to see your next release, it's all really promising.

maxirk

Portal Member
    August 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    1. The program works with empty MAC. It's the first program where I asked to enter it. Why?

2. I don't like vibration. I unchecked but after restart it works again but vibration box is unchecked. So I have to check and uncheck it again to disable.

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi there !

Thanks for all your comments and support. I'm already doing some updates and bug fixes right now. You can see the state in my first post.

Also I want to explain you need the MAC only if you wan to use "Wake On Lan". Is not working yet, but I hope after updating the remote conrol layout (OSD / full etc.) it will be working.

So stay tuned for more updates.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.
    kroko

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I need "delete file" button

Please don't give me a "delete file" button. :D

I was planning to put this app also on my son's phone a "delete file" button would be too risky.

Anyway I manage my media files from outside MP, I do not like the possibility to delete files from within the MP interface on the clients either.

VdR

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Just gave it a test on my galaxy S, great work! May I suggest a setting to disallow the screen from locking while in remote mode, the XBMC plugin has a similar feature. Gets a bit annoying to unlock phone to press a button lol!:D

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi mattsk88,

I changed the app so it should work now. Grab my new Christmas release from the first post.

kroko

hofi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2009
    Ardagger Markt
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hi Kroko,

good job, running on my Desire HD fine!

thanks hofi

RobinE

Portal Member
    December 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great app :D
    Works instantly on a HTC desire

I'm looking foreward for new versions.

My wishlist:
    - add an album to playlist (music)
    - turn on radio and select a radio channel (radio/internetstream)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom